Uh Oh...I took a 4G Tech AWD for a test drive...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 09:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Keith, you've finally changed your avatar...that's awesome!
Old 02-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
has anyone else noticed these threads all end up sounding the same?
Originally Posted by Ramrodthrusterpuppy
LOL...Yup, wasn't my intention though.

Anyways, as the OP, I just wanted to say that I was mightily impressed with the 4G after my test drive. A lot of things impressed me that I wasn't expecting. Not saying that the car is perfect, or that that it's interior is the pinnacle of design and/or quality of materials...but I think that it is one of the best in its segment.

At the end of the day, if I were in the market, the 4G would be on my short list.

The End
not rrtpuppy's fault - start of thread was fine. Its just that a thread could start w/ almost anything here on AcuraZine

example thread: My 4G doesn't seem to have a coin holder like my 3G did.......
then we my see a few responses that go along w/ the the question from the OP. Sometime later a response will be posted- Well this is an example of German engineering the blank cars are able to hold 6 or 8 different coins while Acura still only has a 5 coin holder. development in Japan is cheaper and quicker but Germany can build 8 coin holders because they have more skill building jets. -see where the threads here seem to end up

On a side note - lets face it every company out there is looking to cut costs - I dont care if you build coin holders, jets, or 5 to 8 speed transmissions -
they are just trying to deliver a service or product that has enough value to some customer base that they can produce it and sell it and at the end of the day they can pay their employees, invest in the next product, and still make a profit
I personally don't know if an audi or acura interior from 10 or 15 years ago was better than today's 2009 acura. - I don't want to drive those cars today I don't care how quiet or how much better it was because it was built in Japan or Germany. I used to drive a 2002 BMW from 1972 - fun car but I wouldn't want it as a daily driver today.
If I thought I liked the engineering, interiors, handling, whatever of some other brand better than Acuras - well I wouldn't spend time on Acurazine sounding like an automaton spitting out the same old lines about why cars that are made in Germany or Korea or China are better. I don't care if you own one of those other brands or wish you did. If you want to praise them - go to their respective fan web sites - because that is where that belongs.

If you are still not sure / undecided that this could be you - see the definition below:

au·tom·a·ton

Function:
noun

Etymology:
Latin, from Greek, neuter of automatos
Date:
1: a mechanism that is relatively self-operating ; especially : robot
2: a machine or control mechanism designed to follow automatically a predetermined sequence of operations or respond to encoded instructions
3: an individual who acts in a mechanical fashion

If you do not suffer from the above - then I am sorry for the long post.

I believe the subject was "took a 4G tech SH-AWD for a test drive..." on that subject - everyone that has actually driven a SH-AWD car - don't you love how it does quick corners under power? If you have NOT driven it as such you should try it. It must be the car's nose that everyone loves to beat that helps it corner. or could it be the SH-AWD?
Old 02-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I've got a 2000 TL and I think the 4G interior, particularly with the umber leather, is fantastic, including quality of materials, finish, etc. The only downside for me is how busy it looks. If the exterior looked as good as the interior (to me), I'd have already bought one... as it is, I'm struggling with this buy decision like I never have before.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by PetesTL
Keith, you've finally changed your avatar...that's awesome!
Yeah, finally got around to taking some pics yesterday and taking it out for a spin for a few hours, nice 65 degree day here in ATL after some days below freezing!
Old 02-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by KeithL
Yeah, finally got around to taking some pics yesterday and taking it out for a spin for a few hours, nice 65 degree day here in ATL after some days below freezing!
KeithL, you make me laugh, I can't believe how many TL's you have in such a short time You think you be keeping this one for 2 years? LOL