For those of you with the Midnight Chrome/Sport grille...

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 11:25 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
For those of you with the Midnight Chrome/Sport grille...

... and I know that many of you have had it for a little while now, do you find it very prone to scratch marks? Does it get dents and dings more easily than the original grille?

I know I asked this question before, so I hope you don't mind me asking again: does anyone have photos of Mayan Bronze with the Midnight Chrome grille (and even the rear trim piece) please?
Old 08-23-2010, 11:40 PM
COTM Coordinator

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Thats terrible. I'm assuming this is something that you're experiencing. I was about to purchase the sport trims, but I'm thinking of going custom...... paint.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:57 AM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Nope, no issues here. It's quite nice and shiny since the day I put it in. No scratches and cleans up easily.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:46 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by MurkyRiversTL
Thats terrible. I'm assuming this is something that you're experiencing. I was about to purchase the sport trims, but I'm thinking of going custom...... paint.
Oops! Sorry about this confusion - I actually do not have one right now - I have been sitting on the fence about this, so I am just trying to get more information before I make a decision as to whether I should spend money on the Midnight Chrome grille or not! Sorry!

GunnerX, thanks for your response!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
nope no problems at all. very easy to clean and is not prone to chips and scratches as the OEM grille was TERRIBLE when it came to chips. my OEM grille looked like it has 100k miles on it after the first few months. definitely worth the money for the sport trim IMO
Old 08-25-2010, 08:23 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
No particular cleaning or appearance problems after about 16,000 miles.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:31 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nope - love it, will never go back, the original looks cheap as hell !!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:07 PM
Intermediate

Mine just got nailed with hail last Friday and while the hood, roof, trunk and chrome trim on the roof all got terribly dented. The sport grille is just fine, not a mark I can find on it.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Tyresian
Mine just got nailed with hail last Friday and while the hood, roof, trunk and chrome trim on the roof all got terribly dented. The sport grille is just fine, not a mark I can find on it.
ouch....
Old 08-25-2010, 10:10 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
No problems and much better than the OEM!!! That OEM silver was a nightmare to clean and never got clean.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Instructor

Very happy with my chrome grill and rear trim. Really classy and makes the standard silver look real cheap. And yes it is much slicker and easier to clean unlike to silver which had a matte like finish. Also, when I had the clear bra installed on the bumper I had it done on the entire grill as well. So I feel much less concerned about getting scratches / dings. Can't really tell the bra is even on there...but it does lessen the gloss just a tad. Well worth the peace of mind for me.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:27 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by neilman
Very happy with my chrome grill and rear trim. Really classy and makes the standard silver look real cheap. And yes it is much slicker and easier to clean unlike to silver which had a matte like finish. Also, when I had the clear bra installed on the bumper I had it done on the entire grill as well. So I feel much less concerned about getting scratches / dings. Can't really tell the bra is even on there...but it does lessen the gloss just a tad. Well worth the peace of mind for me.
Neilman, what color is your TL please? I would love to see a photo with the Midnight Chrome grille if it's not white/CBP/Grigio/Red that we have seen already. Thanks so much!
Old 08-27-2010, 12:10 PM
spaz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm still waiting for someone with PM to get the sport grills before I bite the bullet.
PM might be the only color that flows with the original silver grills though...
Old 08-27-2010, 06:55 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by tegkid
I'm still waiting for someone with PM to get the sport grills before I bite the bullet.
PM might be the only color that flows with the original silver grills though...
I think that the pearl white color also works beautifully with the original grille...
Old 08-31-2010, 02:26 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by ostrich
... and I know that many of you have had it for a little while now, do you find it very prone to scratch marks? Does it get dents and dings more easily than the original grille?

I know I asked this question before, so I hope you don't mind me asking again: does anyone have photos of Mayan Bronze with the Midnight Chrome grille (and even the rear trim piece) please?

No scratches here- I have had it since it came out. I have not run into anything with it and do not really have a way to scratch it unintentionally.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:41 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ostrich
Neilman, what color is your TL please? I would love to see a photo with the Midnight Chrome grille if it's not white/CBP/Grigio/Red that we have seen already. Thanks so much!
Sorry...my car is CBP. Thanks!