Test Drove Today: Black Tec Package

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Test Drove Today: Black Tec Package

Well I test drove the Black Tec 2WD model today. I have to say, the outside appearance of the new TL body as many have said here is something I can only explain as 'an acquired taste.' Sure, the new body is a pretty drastic modification, none the less, you cannot beat the interior. I absolutely love what I saw and experienced inside. The VGA navigation / radar was brilliant, beautifully laid out. Sure the buttons aren't as fancy but, the car sure feels like a cockpit.

Being an 04' Black Pearl lover myself, I did drive the black model today. I think the exterior chrome slightly screams more than it should on the black. Regardless of what the outside appears to be at this point however, most of the issues I have with the exterior will be out the window soon enough. I would go with the AWD version (Not that I need it) however the wheels included on the package are, IMO, 3x more classy appearing than the base stock wheels. Add on that fancy new 'in developmente' RonJon front end in a few months, and you'd have a sure winner in appearance. Sure, it will take getting use to the outside, but throw on the AWD wheels, grill modification, and the AWD exhaust tip change and it's a pretty sleek looking machine.

Just a quick synopsis on the test drive: It was smooth, very smooth. Cornered well, does feel larger than the current TL, and sitting makes you feel as though you're in a cockpit as it's not quite as spacious for a long legged guy like myself. The HDD and high wattage system from what I tested it with was pretty decent. I have 0 complaints on the interior of the car, as even the middle console pulls out a smaller 'cell phone' type holding compartment. The valet keyless operation was a nice treat, push button start, all pretty nice for a tech savvy person. When I realize the fact that I'm in an 04 and maintenance is slowly kicking in, it's somewhat of a reasonable deal for me to trade up, hence me spending a few hours there today.

My thoughts after a drive today;
  • Are the 04's more impressive on exterior appearance? Yes.
  • Is the interior of the 09' enough to be worth trading up? Yes.
  • Is the exterior of the new 09' a complete turn-off from buying? No.
  • Would I recommend minor accessorizing to the exterior? Absolutely.
  • Will I be ordering my AWD for November? It's in the bag
Old 10-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Safety Car

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts
I test drove one yesterday. No tech pack though. The inside is very impressive, I was kinda disappointed with the acceleration of the car. The 3g feels alot faster. Back to the cockpit, The car feels really big, almost as big as the RL. If the price was right I would defiantly consider this car. With the current fuel prices, I am in love with the TSX.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:01 PM
Stock 07 TL NBP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I checked out the new TL at the local dealership and the car is not that bad looking from the outside. I saw one on the highway and it was a black one and it looked really good. The interior is amazing, my butt fit perfectly and it felt like everything was in reach. It feels more sporty from the inside than the 3G. Never test drove it but just checked it out. I currently drive the 08 Accord and that car is massive but for me the 09 TL felt a little small but really fit from the inside and more sportier and I am about 6 feet 2 inches. I am really liking the new TL, can't wait to test drive that car.