Price check/things to look for on 2010 TL

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by HeartTLs
It worked really well, I got the 1 gallon ecosmart concentrate waterless wash and diluted it 1:8 parts bottled water. There are only two minor complaints I have which most likely my fault.

1) I sprayed the whole car down before I started to clean it and by the time I got to the hood which I left for last, the waterless wash had dried. It might have been because the hood was warmer than the rest of the car, because I took too long to get to it or simply because it's recommended to go panel by panel. I won't be making that mistake twice.

2) I love kwazar spray bottles, they're high quality and very efficient because of the double spray action. I used a .5 liter bottle to apply the waterless wash, 2:16 dilution, after I finished cleaning the car I only had 2-3oz left in the bottle. I felt like it took a lot of product to get the job done. I have the concentrated version which is a better value but when I calculated the cost of two bucket method + hose vs waterless, I think waterless is a lot more expensive % wise in regards to product cost.

Results were great. Something else I think made a huge difference was insta wax liquid carnauba. Easy application, hazes by the time you spray the whole car, buffs off easily and the shine is amazing, plus it smells great too! It's advertised as a wax sealant which I like since I've recently stopped using wax and only use sealant. Now I get the best of both.

I like griots and optimum products, the ones Ive tried worked really well. There are also a lot of great blackfire and pinnacle products too. What I love most about chemical guys is that the stuff they make is inexpensive relative to the competition, application is easy and they perform as well or better than the competitors, it's a no brainer. It's taken me a while to reach that conclusion and I'm still going to finish using my other products but I'll most likely only buy CG stuff from now on.
I didn't know they had a winter car wash as well, I'm gonna have to check that out. CG makes the best microfiber towels I've EVER used.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:51 PM
Darko

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by I vtec, do you?
Well, he owes 26,500 on the car so that's what he wants for it. I would love to wait for a manual, but frankly I don't think I'm going to find one until winter is over. I don't really have the luxury of time and I feel like manual TLs never really pop up. With my luck, one will and it'll be silver (I hate silver).
Hey!!!! lol