Potential 2012 buyers: Do you think Acura will continue promo/lease offers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Potential 2012 buyers: Do you think Acura will continue promo/lease offers?

I am really interested if Acura continues their promotional .9% financing and lease offers on the new 2012 TL

Reasons being:

1) My dealer is out of SH-AWD's. With just 8 base models in stock, they confirmed only 2012 are coming in here on out with a SH-AWD Advance in this week.

2) ALL Acura/Honda's currently have .9% financing available through May. My guess if they want to pick up sales and take advantage of the current buzz, they need to back it up with attractive financial offers

3) Leases might be able to take advantage of increased residual values because your getting a 2012 model rather early

What do you guys think?

I am ready to buy if Acura does the right thing.....
Old 03-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't want to wait to see what happend so I bought a '11 TL AWD w/tech yesterday. IMO I think the dealer incentives will definitely be gone, you will probably have to pay over invoice price as well. As for the 0.9% financing, I think it won't be offered right away, they will want to see how sales go without it. But I'm sure you will get 1.9-3.9% for a purchase, as for a lease it will increase by the same increment.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
This is complete, utter speculation on my part - I suspect that Acura would really try to push the sales of the 2012. One of the strategies would be to continue with the incentives. They may not be anything as spectacular as the 2010 or 2011 incentives, but still they would be available.

Just as people who stated that the 2011 cars would not have the 2010 cars' incentives, well, the 2011 cars ended up getting even more incentives than the 2010 cars. So I am HOPEFUL that the 2012 would have some incentives!

Just my GUESS....
Old 03-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Drifting

Received 536 Likes on 302 Posts
The sad truth is, no one here probably knows for sure. Whatever you end up doing will be a gamble...
Old 03-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocketsfan
The sad truth is, no one here probably knows for sure. Whatever you end up doing will be a gamble...
^ true. Waiting to see is the best thing to do at this point.. of course still waiting to see when they his the sales floors....
Old 03-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
^ true. Waiting to see is the best thing to do at this point.. of course still waiting to see when they his the sales floors....
If they have deals that are even close to the ones they're having now.. (I got $6,000 off msrp and 1.9% financing) Hoping for the same but with 0.9% financing I may look into one in a year or so. This model run will be longer than a year because the 2011's were cut short by about 1/2 a year, so I want them to be nearing the cycle so it'll be easier to haggle. I'll be looking into a 2012 SHAWD Advance.

Supposedly, the MMC will be quieter, faster, and get better fuel economy. So i'm hoping the 2012 SHAWD is as quiet and efficient as my 2010 Base. That way, I can have the handling capability of SHAWD, the nicer/sportier engine sounds of the 3.7L, without it's current (2009-2010) higher level of noise and inefficiencies. Ventilated seats are also very high on my list of "wants".

I think by now you know I buy cars based on features/driveability/pricing vs looks.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by jasonwdp10
If they have deals that are even close to the ones they're having now.. (I got $6,000 off msrp and 1.9% financing) Hoping for the same but with 0.9% financing I may look into one in a year or so. This model run will be longer than a year because the 2011's were cut short by about 1/2 a year, so I want them to be nearing the cycle so it'll be easier to haggle. I'll be looking into a 2012 SHAWD Advance.

Supposedly, the MMC will be quieter, faster, and get better fuel economy. So i'm hoping the 2012 SHAWD is as quiet and efficient as my 2010 Base. That way, I can have the handling capability of SHAWD, the nicer/sportier engine sounds of the 3.7L, without it's current (2009-2010) higher level of noise and inefficiencies. Ventilated seats are also very high on my list of "wants".

I think by now you know I buy cars based on features/driveability/pricing vs looks.
LOL.. I didn't know that!

I am looking very forward to getting behind the wheel of a 4G. I have stayed away from the dealerships on purpose since I have an '08 and didn't want to be tempted. Now I feel it's time to look.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
My pure speculation is incentives on the 12 may not be as strong or even exist day 1, but will get there in a few months esepcially after the 11's are gone. Also the only wildcard is gas prices, as gas keeps sky rocketing the mid/entry luxury segment usually feels the pain becasue people buying this segment are not uber-wealthy or less gas cost adverse like those buying a S class or 7 Series. So if $4+ premium gas stays for long I supect the incentivesw ill pick up as I am sure some sales will be lost due to fuel prices.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
The salesguy I talked to at one Canadian dealer said that incentives would not be as good when the 2012 came out. He said lease rates would go from their current 1% to 4.5%. But then he said maybe around the end of the the year interest rates would go down again.

Last edited by Litt; 03-07-2011 at 02:17 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
I'm with everyone else. Don't expect good deals until later in the year. Gas prices probably don't favor or disfavor the TL, but they could hurt new car sales across the board. People trying to trade in vehicles with poor gas mileage will be in for a shock when they see what the value does at $4.00 gas (that happened three years ago). More folks will be upside down in their current vehicle.

Also, as much as I did not like the current styling, I'm the first to say that I don't think the new styling is going to bring people out of the woodwork. All Acura is doing is trying to position the car to not offend as many potential buyers IF/WHEN the auto market starts recovering - which it seems to be starting to do.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Old Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jjsC5
I'm with everyone else. Don't expect good deals until later in the year. Gas prices probably don't favor or disfavor the TL, but they could hurt new car sales across the board. People trying to trade in vehicles with poor gas mileage will be in for a shock when they see what the value does at $4.00 gas (that happened three years ago). More folks will be upside down in their current vehicle.

Also, as much as I did not like the current styling, I'm the first to say that I don't think the new styling is going to bring people out of the woodwork. All Acura is doing is trying to position the car to not offend as many potential buyers IF/WHEN the auto market starts recovering - which it seems to be starting to do.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:04 AM
Rowing my own

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by jjsC5

I'm banking on all of the above,

Will be trading in the Wife's old Mazda3 around the last week of December on a new '12 (hopefully manual but wasn't un-impessed with my test drive of the auto).

Hoping for good rates, year end push, and a decent trade value on a high MPG trade, although her 3 is a 5 speed, which may hurt, but they should still be able to move it at auction with ease.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:26 AM
KES
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The new TL is going to put some pressure on sales of BMW, Audi, Infiniti, Lexus, etc who are in turn going to offer incentives which in turn will put pressure on Acura to follow suit. There will of course be some short supply as people jump in to the new TL as the dealers are feeling out the market.

But if a G37 with Premium and Nav lists for $42K and you can get it for $38K is the TL pricing going to hold at MSRP - probably not. There is still competition which in time will bring everything back into balance.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by KES
The new TL is going to put some pressure on sales of BMW, Audi, Infiniti, Lexus, etc who are in turn going to offer incentives which in turn will put pressure on Acura to follow suit. There will of course be some short supply as people jump in to the new TL as the dealers are feeling out the market.

But if a G37 with Premium and Nav lists for $42K and you can get it for $38K is the TL pricing going to hold at MSRP - probably not. There is still competition which in time will bring everything back into balance.
bring on the competition! Any break in price will help