New TL designers...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New TL designers...

I know that everyone has their own tastes and can speak freely for their opinions but..

aren't car makers suppose to design something that the majority would like, not just 10 persons in the entire world, in order to max profit??

I just don't understand why some 'designers' would actually hand in the 09 TL like that. It's clear that this design would fail and the sales for this TL is going to sink as hell. Honestly, to me and lots of other people, this car looks really trash. Unless Acura is planning on some secret plans for the future which they have to tank this gen's TL, I really cannot see how someone can even propose this car.

Back to the drawing boards...not even, they need to fire the entire design team.

damnn, I want Acura to be a BMW/MB contender too...but with the recent cars, there seems to be miles away.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by steam03
I know that everyone has their own tastes and can speak freely for their opinions but..

aren't car makers suppose to design something that the majority would like, not just 10 persons in the entire world, in order to max profit??

I just don't understand why some 'designers' would actually hand in the 09 TL like that. It's clear that this design would fail and the sales for this TL is going to sink as hell. Honestly, to me and lots of other people, this car looks really trash. Unless Acura is planning on some secret plans for the future which they have to tank this gen's TL, I really cannot see how someone can even propose this car.

Back to the drawing boards...not even, they need to fire the entire design team.

damnn, I want Acura to be a BMW/MB contender too...but with the recent cars, there seems to be miles away.

While I would like to think I am in the majority, the reality is the designers while they may be off the mark, will be OK, I suspect Acura will sell tons of thses cars, look at what most people look at when they buy and you'll relaize some people really don't care as much about the over alook as the features, name and how the car rides. Those of on these boards are the small minorty enthusiast that takes our cars far more seriously. Wanna bet this style lasts all 5 years (I wish it would not) and the beak at best gets toned down a tad.
I was in denial at first, but have come to grips that I am done with Acura for now, I'll keep my 08 Type-S longer than usual and move on to in most liklihood a G37 sedan. Maybe the 5G will win me back. I'm sure Acura tested this design. I participated in 2 design reviews over the years and suspect Acura did enough research to know that they may turn off some fairly, lose a few others that in the general market place it will likely succeed.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by steam03

So what constitutes a "majority?".....everybody on this board? And what makes you so sure the sales of the TL will tank? If you're so turned-off by the 4G, stick with whatever you got or get something else and be done with it. Honestly, guys, all this bashing against the 4G is getting a little old. If you have nothing new to add, please go back to the 3G boards and worship your cars over there.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
We're not doing another thread on this....