Old 10-04-2008, 11:02 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New 2009 Acura TL Review Video Tallahassee Proctor Acura

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLJMBrTcw8c
Old 10-04-2008, 11:50 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Interesting video..."keen edge design" is what he say's they call the new front grill. It's supposed to look like the car is moving.

I do like some of the new tech things included on the car, the center console looks very busy. I wish they still had a 6 disc player and a touch screen Nav System.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:05 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
the music is kinda tacky, and overall I think the review is slightly biased.

Some of the features are really cool, if slightly unnecessary. how exactly would the fob end up inside the trunk?
Old 10-05-2008, 01:56 AM
Happy Holidays!

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Those are some nice features and the video of the TL looks decent.

I have on occasions where I almost locked my key inside the trunk. I would usually park my car, take the key out of the ignition, place the key inside my jacket pocket, then decide not to take my jacket with me so I throw it in the truck. I almost slam the trunk closed.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:00 AM
Sǝxy Timǝ in my

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Fyre Man
the music is kinda tacky, and overall I think the review is slightly biased.

Some of the features are really cool, if slightly unnecessary. how exactly would the fob end up inside the trunk?
Not just trunk "you can't lock the keys in the car". You will need that feature cuz what if you accidentally left the key in the car that means someone else can drive off with your car by pressing the button. Not that someone will but still..
Old 10-05-2008, 02:11 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by SelimUniNoLimit
Not just trunk "you can't lock the keys in the car". You will need that feature cuz what if you accidentally left the key in the car that means someone else can drive off with your car by pressing the button. Not that someone will but still..
Hmmm, looks a lot like the videos I make. The part about the trunk is almost exactly as my RL video was done. It is the first time (besides mine) that I've seen a sales consultant make and produce a video. These are really hard to do and as this guy is probably finding out, lighting and (surprisingly) sound are really hard! Kudos for the effort!

Frye Man, the feature that keeps you from locking the keys in the trunk was explained to me that if a woman put her purse in the trunk or a golfer put the bag (with key in a pocket) the system would alert you. Also, this is not a review, its more of a video brochure.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Thanks, Ackack! This is a nice e-brochure! I learned about a few new features about the TL. You know, for those of you who have never locked yourself out, it's great to have that feature whereby the trunk will not lock if the smart key is inside! Trust me, it is useful for many of us...

Also, now that I understand the one-disc player/recorder better with the Tech Package, I am much happier that it only has a one-disc capacity. Does the G35 one-disc system also record the CD like that too? Is this a common system, or just for Acura?
Old 10-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Steven Bell
I wish they still had a 6 disc player and a touch screen Nav System.
Hmm, multi-CD players are a thing of the past on luxury sedans. CD sales are severely depressed. iTunes sells more music than brick and mortar Walmart. Most luxury sedans now come with a hard drive and MP3 player/iPod integration. I can't imagine why one would need it. I have not used my CD player in my TL in 3yrs. I play my iPod exclusively or listen to NPR on the radio.

----------------
Listening to: Feist - Gatekeeper
via FoxyTunes
Old 10-05-2008, 11:48 AM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
The tech goodies on this car is awesome. It's about time they had true keyless entry and start/stop. Also, the key fob looks to be thinner than the switch blade keys. Now, let's see if someone can integrate that for the 3G TLs.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:53 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 845 Likes on 526 Posts
The way I see it is, if they add in the 6-disc changer in the tech package, there will be people complaining that feature is unnecessary, just like how Fyre Man is saying the feature that keeps you from locking the keys is useless.

I also think, with this new start-stop button/keyless entry feature, it's going to be much easier to get your key locked in the trunk. For me, I usually put my key in the pocket of my jacket. But before I get in my car, I obviously have to take my key out to unlock the door. Usually I'd take my jacket off and put it in the trunk. Since I have the key in my hand, I won't lock the key in the trunk. However, if my car has the keyless entry feature, I wouldn't have to take the key out, that means it's possible that I simply throw my jacket, along with my fob, into the trunk.

Sorry if this is a bit long...but that's the way I see it, and I think it's a great feature that improves user-friendliness.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
I still think that CD has better sound quality

Originally Posted by JAB00
Hmm, multi-CD players are a thing of the past on luxury sedans. CD sales are severely depressed. iTunes sells more music than brick and mortar Walmart. Most luxury sedans now come with a hard drive and MP3 player/iPod integration. I can't imagine why one would need it. I have not used my CD player in my TL in 3yrs. I play my iPod exclusively or listen to NPR on the radio.

----------------
Listening to: Feist - Gatekeeper
via FoxyTunes
Hi JAB00,

While iTunes and MP3's are much more convenient than CD's, I still find the sound quality of CD's to be superior. However, it seems like America has chosen convenience over sound quality... Also, there is something very wonderful about holding your favorite CD and booklet in your hand... it's kinda like when we changed from LP's to CD's and we missed the big LP sleeves then... gosh, I am dating myself here! LOL!