Nav Head Unit Satelite Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2016 | 05:41 PM
Intermediate

Nav Head Unit Satelite Issues?

So I own a 2012 TL and love this forum, come here regularly. My question however pertains to the head unit in my 2014 EXL pilot with navi. Basically the same exact head unit that Ive seen in gen 4 TLs with the tech package (which I don't have).

The head unit in my Pilot has gone bonkers and resets every minute or two during driving. Assumed it was a loose connection and called the dealer to setup a warranty visit. They told me theyve been getting a lot of complaints for this and it actually has to do with the satelitle system, not my car. Said I have to wait it out.

Called a second dealer and was told the exact same thing.

My question is anyone seeing this with your navi head units? Climate control, bluetooth and screen all shut off and reset constantly.

Ive looked on this and other forums and was surprised that a lot of people arent conplaining about this.
Old 02-19-2016 | 11:18 PM
Intermediate

Update

He only source for information I've found on this is coming from Twitter. Something is impacting Navi systems in the Cincinnati area. Rumors on twitter are everything solar flares, to a bad gps relay (whatever that means), to a rogue N Korean satelite.

Dealers in the Cincinnati area have been no help at all for me today. @hondacustsvc seems to think they should be helping people. Ive reached out to them and am waiting to hear back. Ill update as this plays out.