MaxxGuard

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MaxxGuard

Did anyone purchased MaxxGuard option??

It has the 5 year warranty for any paint damage, swirl and water marks.

What is special about MaxxGuard compare to other wax??
Old 08-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
nothing, i wouldnt waist your money....its just extra crap for the dealer to make money on....get a pc 7424, and some polishes, sealants, and pads and do it yourself twice a year and the supplies will pay for them selves the first time you do a detail on your car....you could probably get started for 200 bucks...
Old 08-23-2010, 03:37 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
I agree with Vinny. You'll like the Porter Cable 7424 much better. It's more rewarding to do it yourself!
Old 08-23-2010, 05:29 PM
Instructor

As far as I know, the dealer just slaps some sealant on and tells you they put some magical protector on it. Do not get any of the options they try to sell you. Mine tried to offer extended warranty, warranty for tire and wheel replacement. Then the girl had the nerve to get angry when I refused everything. I said I dont care.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Advanced

I really liked the look of this stuff at the dealership, but it was too much.

I usually use Zaino, but before ordering, I visited G35driver.com (I traded my G Coupe in for a TL) to see if the buzz there is still Zaino.

I found this very helpful thread on wax and sealants recommended by car color.
click here for that thread

I am interested in one of the products called JetSeal. It sounds just like what the Acura dealership was using and it is currently on sale.

Here is a link
JetSeal + wax link

or you can buy just the sealant.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
go to wash and wax and read up...i use a synthetic sealant called four star ultimate paint protection...i also purchased a random orbital polisher(pc 7424) and some polishes and pads and do a full paint detail twice a year...there isnt a wax or sealant that will last longer then 6 months...nothing will last a year, nothing!!

i consider zaino a name, and nothing more...its nice stuff and all, but its a designer product and there are better products for less money out there...optimum, pinnacle, poorboys, meguiars mirror glaze line, and others...