Looking for lease info and those with expierience...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 06:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Looking for lease info and those with expierience...

OK so I am considering pulling trigger on new TL-AWD, btu I am considering leasing. I keep hearing that leasing is better since I flip cars often. But best lease rates are 36-39 months. I see some say they lease 36-39 then still trade out at 24 months. What about lease disposition fees and early temmination fees? What kind of expierience does anyone have dealing with Acura on a lease and then lease return? Have you found your lease expierience to be good? Woudl you lease again? Do you keep it until the end or trade out early?
Old 01-17-2009, 07:05 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is my 3rd lease with Acura. On both my previous leases, I traded in the car 3 months early for the new models at the time. Both times, the Acura dealership paid off my last 3 payments without any problems.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:51 PM
no more boost in

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do not plan on turning your car in or trading at 24 months if you have a 36 or 39 month lease.

Leasing is a good idea if you are willing to always have a car payment and trade your car in every 3 years or so, but you will need to keep the car at least to within a few months of the end of the lease. Leases are not very flexible.

You can buy the car usually without penalty, but you will usually be better off buying the car to begin with if it is your intent to own the car ultimately.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keith, I'm a huge proponent of leasing. It gives you the flexibility of changing vehicles frequently (which you do), you're always under warranty, it keeps your monthly payments low (as opposed to financing) and you don't give a shit what happens in the marketplace cuz you don't care if your car goes down in value cuz it's "close-ended".

I'm not sure what you guys have down in the States that is equivalent, but up here we have Lease Busters. Basically, people sign up, pay a registration fee and they will list your car and help you get out of your lease early. Big business up here...it's great, like $300 to put your car up and as long as you didn't sign an atrocious deal to begin with you shouldn't have a problem finding a match.

What's the lease rate and residual for the SH-AWD down in ATL right now?
Old 01-18-2009, 02:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I too believe in the lease program for cars, I just don't want to invest money in a car, it makes no sense for my financial outlook, plus having a business plays a major role. People say to me, but you get nothing at the end of the lease, unless you opt to buy it? I don't look at it that way, at the end of a lease, I get a new car again! Sure I have payments again, but it's all relative, and it's a new car again! ZERO maintenance for the last 6 years is the way I like to deal with cars now a days, with full roadside service support, which I never had to use?

With leasing, I don't have to worry about the particulars, just don't "f" up the car, and it's all good as with my last 05 TL. The inspector said it was one of the nicest cars he had inspected. No smoking, no animals, no major modifications, no engine work, no major dings, professional detail every six months, the car was garaged every night and was 12K miles under the lease allowance. Someone was lucky to get my car I tell you.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:44 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry, to clear up, I had 60K miles as the allotted mileage for four years, I turned the car in with 48K.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:15 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by CraigMacDTA
Keith, I'm a huge proponent of leasing. It gives you the flexibility of changing vehicles frequently (which you do), you're always under warranty, it keeps your monthly payments low (as opposed to financing) and you don't give a shit what happens in the marketplace cuz you don't care if your car goes down in value cuz it's "close-ended".

I'm not sure what you guys have down in the States that is equivalent, but up here we have Lease Busters. Basically, people sign up, pay a registration fee and they will list your car and help you get out of your lease early. Big business up here...it's great, like $300 to put your car up and as long as you didn't sign an atrocious deal to begin with you shouldn't have a problem finding a match.

What's the lease rate and residual for the SH-AWD down in ATL right now?

I beleive on 39 month lease the money factor was .00250 if I have that right and then residual on AWD was 55% which is not bad. Only issue I have now is they say the dealer cash of $1K does not apply to leases and I need to confirm that as it is driving the lease payment about $40-$50 higher than I want to be.