List of maintenance items done on CPO cars?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 05:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
List of maintenance items done on CPO cars?

Does anyone know what items the dealer replaces/addresses on CPO cars before they can be sold as certified? I know there must be a list but can't find anything on this. I suspect things like tires and wipers are replaced because those always look new on the CPO cars. But how about filters, fluids, brake pads, etc. in other words, the stuff you don't see? Or perhaps they only address items in need of addressing - in which case it will vary with mileage.
Old 01-23-2016, 06:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
This link may help. Look at post #4 in the below thread.

https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...dooped-746203/
The following users liked this post:
jdigeorgio (01-23-2016)
Old 01-23-2016, 08:53 PM
Banned

Yes - that does help a bit. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts
Bought my 2012 TL SH CPO with ~53,000 miles on it. The inspection provides somewhat peace of mind, but they will stiff you on things like no new tires, etc.

When I bought mine, I had a chip in my lower passenger side foglight housing (rock hit it). I had to fight for them to replace it.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:02 PM
Banned

I bought my 2012 as CPO with 40k and it had new tires on it and seemed to be in good shape overall. What I didn't realize before buying it was that the windshield was very scratched - it was only visible at night really (or when the sun hit the glass at a certain angle). This was not obvious on the test drive.

It was apparent that sand or something gritty had gotten under the wiper blades and really did a number - especially near the top tinted section.

I was pretty upset about it because driving at night was especially bad. But the dealer made good on it. They had someone who specializes in glass polishing "polish" it out with a tool and some sort of gritty substance. Amazing how well it came out. I had tried several glass polishing products prior to this - like Zaino glass polish - but the scratches were just too deep to do by hand and without a super-abrasive product.

Anyway, not sure they would have done this had it not been a CPO car. Perhaps they would have. But I certainly use that "certified" term whenever I am trying to get something from them because they push their certified program so heavily - and state you are getting the equivalent of a new car (or better). So if they are going to push it that way - I am going to use it to my advantage. New cars don't come with scratched windshields!

I think there is some piece of mind to it. I just wish I had a comprehensive list of what they did at the time they certified it. I am going to ask them again for this.