Just looking for any feedback on any full kit brake upgrades.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 03:38 AM
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
Just looking for any feedback on any full kit brake upgrades.

Since the kit I was going to buy at Heeltoeauto is now d/c
https://www.heeltoeauto.com/rb-perfo...ua9-99121.html <-well that sucks
There is many threads about brakes however there are so many bits and pieces to stiff though . So I am just going to ask.
This month is about ordering the XLR8v2 J pipe from excelerateperformance.

So has anyone had any feedback on kits that have both Rotors and pad combos
Any feedback on any kits that people have tried.
1) Hawk Sector 27 Rotors and LTS Brake Pads Part#: HK5034.678Y / Part#: HK5033.679Y
2) Powerstop Z36 TRUCK & TOW K5856-36 or Z23 Evolution Sport K5856
3) Stoptech Posi pads / Slotted 934.40026 or Posi Pads /Slotted&drilled 935.40026
4) EBC with Yellowstuff pads / Stage5 Kits Yellowstuff Sport Brake Pads and Black GD Rotors or Stage 9 Kits Yellowstuff Brake Pads and Black USR Rotors
5) ....Any other kit ideas or recommendation people might have.

Final thought, I am interested in any feedback on different pads people have had good luck with.
Thank for the time.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,424 Posts
Racingbrake rotors are steep in cost but well worth it! I have over 150K miles on the set on my 3G TL (all 4 corners with 3 sets of pads) and almost 100K on the MDX fronts with 2 sets of pads. They still have great life left to them and really haven't had any issues with warpage! I did get some heat spots but that was from the wrong type of pad being used (stock pads on 100-20MPH repeated stops). You'll need to run something more aggressive than factory pads if you want to make your purchase worthwhile.

I'm running RB rotors w ET500 pads and factory rear setup and it's a great improvement over stock, esp on the highway. The initial bite isn't bad with the ET500's like with aggressive pads for daily driving, however the dust can get bad over a few days-weeks. I drive about 100 miles a day so it varies obviously per person. Highway stops are a breeze! I'm planning on doing the rears with better rotors (maybe slotted, but they eat through rear pads 2x as fast as the front slotted rotors). Centric makes a specific type of rotor comparable to the RB metallurgy from what I've seen online but I have no first hand experience. I was planning on that probably for the rear rotor.

Do the brake fluid every 2-3 years and invest in a one man brake bleeding kit and you can do it at home without much hassle.