Just Got A Great (Unsolicited) Compliment On My TL...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 11:15 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got back from Harrahs in atlantic city, the valet brought the car out and as it was coming down the ramp to full stop there were several people with all sorts of positive comments about it. A few walked over to it and came back askign me questions. I think regardless of if you like it or not it stands out and it did so amongst a sea of lexus,bmw,jag etc.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:41 AM
10th Gear

my mom says she likes my car!
Old 09-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Advanced

I am not surprise guys on what people reaction you got about yours 4G TL because its realy very very special unique ride
Old 09-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Advanced

4G TL is Definitely a Head Turner+ Trip Report

I just took a week long trip that ran from my home in Baltimore to Bethany Beach, DE and then out to western Maryland to Deep Creek Lake. I don't think I could count the number of compliments that I received on the new car. Several people commented on how hot the car was.

When I arrived home yesterday, I gave it a thorough washing. While doing this, the postlady stopped to ask me if it was a new car. When I said yes, she gave it a thumbs up and said "nice car".

To be honest, I was a nervous wreck driving my new car for the first leg of the journey for fear that someone would hit it. But then I reached the point of pure pleasure. I really love everything about this car. I feel that it is the perfect blend of comfort and performance. While I was originally interested in the SH-AWD, the ride was a bit too rough for me for the kind of driving that I do (many of the roads in Baltimore are in really poor shape). The FWD still hugs the road nicely and takes turns without too much body roll. And the Tech Package is awesome!

As far as mileage, I got a whopping 32+ mpg driving to the beach, maintaining speed around 65. I did not fare as well driving through the mountains but still was able to get a satisfactory 28-29 mpg. Not bad!

Does anyone else feel that they just can't get enough of this car? I'm always looking for someplace to go just so I can drive the darn car!
Old 09-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Me too. The nice comments keep coming everywhere I go. I just drive to drive. I do all the errands now just to be in it. I also keep going out to my front steps to just stare at it. I returned to work after being off for the summer and many of the people I work with have commented on how nice it was. They knew it was mine from my license plate as I have parked in the same (outside the lines) spot forever.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Nkgnito

I got two vompliments yesterday; one while pumping gas. The lady loved the color (WDP) and commented that "it was beautiful". The other person said "Now that's nice! I had to turn around and look at it again. . . really nice."
Old 09-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Instructor

Got my car tinted 2 days ago, the tint guy tint, bentley's, BMW, Mercedes, Audi you name it. I was the first TL he did and he was like I really like your car, it is a head turner. He's like you see one BMW you seen it all. He was like if you put the next to a CLS in my shop now and everyone will come to the TL. He said that is what was happening all day since he's located right next door to a car wash.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:52 PM
Instructor

I've seen some 4G's in Toronto and very nice car but I still love my 06 A-spec TL.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
So I am parked outside the dentist waiting for my daughter today when this older man walking down the sidewalk knocks on my window. When I open it he starts telling me how gorgeous the car is and how much he loves the design. He has a Lexus GS that was parked near me as it turns out, and I happened to be looking at it and thinking what a nice car it was at about the same time he walked up. (Similar color) Turns out we were both waiting for someone to get out of the dentist. Ended up talking cars for 15 minutes. The comments just keep coming. Every time I leave the car to go into a store or something, as I walk back to the car I am always thinking about how amazing the car looks, especially when looking toward the front. I just love the PMM color on this car.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:29 PM
Instructor

I've been working on a special project at work lately, and I needed a bit of help from a co-worker to finish it up. We took my car to Home Depot and when we were coming back he was looking at the car and said to me, "You know, Acura really did it right this time. It's so edgy and aggressive compared to previous models, and it really stands out."

It made me feel great about my purchase, but I feel a little bad for previous Acura owners who preferred the mild styling of the previous models.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Advanced

I was sitting in a KFC a couple of weeks ago and this middle aged couple sat down near me. They were talking about cars (Bently, etc.) and what they had seen lately. Then they said, "You know there's this really good looking new TL out in the parking lot." And they go on to compliment how it looks. I then speak up and tell them it's mine and how I like it.

This is the second time a couple has talked pretty loudly in my presence while eating at a fast food place about my car.

I'm not quite as happy with my 09TL as I was with my 99TL when I first got it though. Although I glad I got the 09, they really botched some things on it so I probably won't keep it 10 years like my 99TL.