Honda/Acura sales for 2008

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Legend2TL
For the same reason you jump on subjects which you have no expertise in,

Anyone with any sense of knowledge and experience in aviation design, development, and manufacuting knows that the vast majority of jet aircraft manufactuers are systems integrators. Aircraft manufactuers team with engine (Rolls Royce, P&W, GE, CFM), avionics (Rockwell Collins, Allied, Honeywell), strutural (LTV, and many others), landing gear (Messier-Dowty), electrical (Sunstrand). So of course Honda like almost every other aircraft manufacturer does not build it's own displays. Honda is building some of the structural and integrating other components. Why would any rational person think otherwise.

And if you think it's so easy to be in the commercial aviation business talk to Lockheed, McDonnell Douglas, North American, Convair,... all of whom were once in it (some at times were the leader too). Same goes for the jet engine business, not easy by any means. To suggest so makes one look very foolish.
Thats what i am saying it is not profitable to remain in Aviation engine and system integration business. thats why there are so many mergers and acquizition. Only two big first tier avionics supplier remain. RockWell in US and Thales in EU. Although BAE system UK has some expertize.
Isnt it look stupid for Honda part to enter this business on which it has no prior history and experiance? It would have been better for Honda to enter in colloboration with Cummins to produce higher capacity diesel engines instead of entering with GE for few jets. but these are decisions of past. The company has lost its sense of direction.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:44 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,292 Likes on 2,648 Posts
1) I will not feed the troll
2) I will not feed the troll
100) I will not feed the troll

1) I will stay on topic
2) I will stay on topic
Originally Posted by S2000 Driver
"Come here little feller..."

Old 01-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Honda Fanboy

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by SSFTSX
Thats what i am saying it is not profitable to remain in Aviation engine and system integration business. thats why there are so many mergers and acquizition. Only two big first tier avionics supplier remain. RockWell in US and Thales in EU. Although BAE system UK has some expertize.
Isnt it look stupid for Honda part to enter this business on which it has no prior history and experiance? It would have been better for Honda to enter in colloboration with Cummins to produce higher capacity diesel engines instead of entering with GE for few jets. but these are decisions of past. The company has lost its sense of direction.
Blah blah blah... Honda has lost its sense of direction? Honda's direction has ALWAYS been about advancing human MOBILITY. How does building a jet, a form of MOBILITY, deter from Honda's direction? Building a jet with class-leading range, top-speed, and fuel efficiency is no small feat when a company that has no history in the industry is the one making the accomplishments.

The fact that Honda entered the aviation industry with no prior history just goes to further show what an amazing jet Honda has built. Over 100 orders placed in the U.S. for a $4,000,000 product that has no history. Apparently Honda is happy, even if you aren't.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:14 PM
AZ Community Team

Wheither it's stupid or not depends on the execution. Personally I don't care one or way or the other if Honda gets into aviation but from what I've read about Honda's internal management and philosophy is that they're trained to think outside the box. It's a risk and considering the world economic climate it's a big one.

None the less sometimes to get ahead you have to take big risks. In the mid-late 90's Cadillac was in big trouble, it's average customer age was almost increasing almost a year as a year went by. GM did alot of planning and market research but in the end the Cadillac marketing and business folks decided to go with bold sports sedans and SUV's (the SUV's were not that risky). In the end it paid off handsomely, even though GM is in trouble and current Cadillac sales are off they last decade in their sales has been very good and it introduced a wholde new generation to their products.

Personally I believe that Honda can achieve it's long term goals even in this economic crisis. The current sales are down, their direction in Acura to tier-1 is the current question. They have achieved many diverse goals in their history. Everthing from their engines winning 6 straight Forumla 1 construtor championships (1986-1991) to designing, developing, and producing the best mini-van in the North American market (from what's I've seen the Odyssey has most of the majority of comparison tests).

These are hard times but the product line for Honda is very solid for the future, if Acura executes their tier-1 strategy with the right vision and focus they also can achieve. If you know Honda's history you will know they were dared into the car business by the Japanese government with no subsidy at all to apply to manufacture cars in the 1960's, the old man didn't flinch.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Safety Car

Wheither it's stupid or not depends on the execution. Personally I don't care one or way or the other if Honda gets into aviation but from what I've read about Honda's internal management and philosophy is that they're trained to think outside the box. It's a risk and considering the world economic climate it's a big one.
How many people can afford $4m jet and it is such short range that Warren Buffet cannot use it for trips inside US let alone outside US. This idea came to Honda in 1999. Honda has never thought outside the box thats why 80% of sales are from 4 products. and facing disaster in premium segments. They are still good in sub 1.6 litre category. but that i will leave to Koreans. Korean Car Industry started atleast 2 decade slater than Honda.
None the less sometimes to get ahead you have to take big risks. In the mid-late 90's Cadillac was in big trouble, it's average customer age was almost increasing almost a year as a year went by. GM did alot of planning and market research but in the end the Cadillac marketing and business folks decided to go with bold sports sedans and SUV's (the SUV's were not that risky). In the end it paid off handsomely, even though GM is in trouble and current Cadillac sales are off they last decade in their sales has been very good and it introduced a wholde new generation to their products.
Cadillac never went out of trouble. it was too narrow focus brand. Never become like German 3 around the Globe.

Personally I believe that Honda can achieve it's long term goals even in this economic crisis. The current sales are down, their direction in Acura to tier-1 is the current question. They have achieved many diverse goals in their history. Everthing from their engines winning 6 straight Forumla 1 construtor championships (1986-1991) to designing, developing, and producing the best mini-van in the North American market (from what's I've seen the Odyssey has most of the majority of comparison tests).
Nissan didnot achieved its long term goal and was sold to French. Now they are going to accept French diesel engine in Nissan products to sell in EU. It is against Japanese culture to accept such things in there own products. Past is no indication of future. Honda is on verge of being thrown out from EU due to lack of high powered diesel engines. In US they had success but that market has shrunk by big margin. In Asia they are good in sub Civic Category like City/Fit/Jazz.
http://news.infibeam.com/blog/news/2...ear_award.html
The Volkswagen Jetta has been tagged the 'Executive Car of the Year 2009' by the most prominent Indian automotive magazine, Autocar India, at a glittering award function held in Mumbai yesterday evening.

These are hard times but the product line for Honda is very solid for the future, if Acura executes their tier-1 strategy with the right vision and focus they also can achieve. If you know Honda's history you will know they were dared into the car business by the Japanese government with no subsidy at all to apply to manufacture cars in the 1960's, the old man didn't flinch.
Product line is solid? Let see how big drop for Acura in January. I am expecting half of its dealership network to abondon them.If u know a little bit about Japan. It is no longer land of rising sun. It can no longer support its AutoIndustry bigger than sub-compacts vehicles. thats why Acura brand launched in Japan was Cancelled. There is no market for Premium segment apart from German 4.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:51 AM
Honda Fanboy

How many people can afford $4m jet and it is such short range that Warren Buffet cannot use it for trips inside US let alone outside US. This idea came to Honda in 1999. Honda has never thought outside the box thats why 80% of sales are from 4 products. and facing disaster in premium segments. They are still good in sub 1.6 litre category. but that i will leave to Koreans. Korean Car Industry started atleast 2 decade slater than Honda.

If people can't afford a $4,000,000, then why did you bring up discussion of a $30,000,000 private jet? You act as if Hondajet is the only short-range jet in the world. The market exists for this jet, thats why over 100 orders have been placed in the U.S. alone. This jet will only be even better in Europe where the regions are much smaller. Business people can travel from London to Italy or from Istanbul to Cairo. No matter what you say, you can't deny the fact that people want this jet. Work on the Honda jet began in 1997, NOT 1999.

How could you say that Honda has thought outside the box with a straight face? Lets see, Honda has automobiles, jets, home energy systems, solar systems, generators, lawnmowers, tillers, trimmers, motorcycles, outboard motors, personal watercraft, pumps, scooters, snowblowers.... Doesn't think outside the box? What does VW make besides cars? Yet another weak jab by you that was quickly proven wrong.

Honda is on verge of being thrown out from EU due to lack of high powered diesel engines. In US they had success but that market has shrunk by big margin. In Asia they are good in sub Civic Category like City/Fit/Jazz.

That makes sense. Just more lies from you. The EU is going to throw Honda out because they don't have HIGH-POWERED diesels? You do realize that the EU has some of the most aggressive rules in regards to fuel economy. I highly doubt that Honda lacking HIGH-POWERED diesels is going to get Honda kicked out of the EU. Especially considering how well planted Honda is in Europe. If you are going to spit out lies, make them somewhat believable.

Product line is solid? Let see how big drop for Acura in January. I am expecting half of its dealership network to abondon them.If u know a little bit about Japan. It is no longer land of rising sun. It can no longer support its AutoIndustry bigger than sub-compacts vehicles. thats why Acura brand launched in Japan was Cancelled. There is no market for Premium segment apart from German 4.

As bad as you think Acura's lineup may be, the fact is that it still outsells Audi by a huge margin in the U.S. Dealers abandoning Acura? lol. For what, Audi? If the Big 3 dealerships haven't abandoned the brand yet, then Acura has a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time before anything like that would happen to them. About as much time as it would take for Audi to surpass Acura in the U.S. to be exact.

Acura's launch in Japan was canceled because of a poor worldwide economy. This was specifically stated in the press release from Honda. Honda is being smart and controlling their spending in risky categories. Is this another one of those cases that you know more than the CEO of a company? Japans economy is larger than Germany's. If Germany can support it's auto industry, Japan can do the same. One key note here though, unlike VW, the Japenese automakers are not relying on their government for financial support.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:19 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 846 Likes on 526 Posts
Let me guess what SSFTSX is going to say next, "Audi will surpass Acura in the US because Acura cars are not being sold in Europe....and because Honda does not have the money and expertise in making tier-1 cars and so Acura will never be introduced anywhere else besides the States."

lol..this is too funny...is this guy just being sarcastic or what?
Old 01-12-2009, 02:43 AM
Honda Fanboy

Originally Posted by iforyou
Let me guess what SSFTSX is going to say next, "Audi will surpass Acura in the US because Acura cars are not being sold in Europe....and because Honda does not have the money and expertise in making tier-1 cars and so Acura will never be introduced anywhere else besides the States."

lol..this is too funny...is this guy just being sarcastic or what?
lol. I was actually expecting to hear something more along the lines of the Gaza-Israeli conflict and the Russian gas dispute being the clear tell-tale sign of Acura's demise.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:38 AM
AZ Community Team

Are you setting yourself up for this one? Accord/Civic/CRV/Odyssey/Pilot/MDX/TL....

Look at the data

http://www.hondanews.com/categories/1097/releases/4898

It's very evident that 80% of sales do not come from 4 products.

As far as the $4M airplane question neither you or I do not know that answer.

Cadillac never went out of trouble. it was too narrow focus brand. Never become like German 3 around the Globe.
Cadillac climbed out of it's owner average age problem and expanded sales in late 1990's to mid 2000's. Many in Detroit (including some GM exec's) thought they were in worst shape than Oldsmobile. They also have always been a narrow focus brand, but have re-invented itself fairly well.

Nissan didnot achieved its long term goal and was sold to French. Now they are going to accept French diesel engine in Nissan products to sell in EU. It is against Japanese culture to accept such things in there own products. Past is no indication of future. Honda is on verge of being thrown out from EU due to lack of high powered diesel engines. In US they had success but that market has shrunk by big margin. In Asia they are good in sub Civic Category like City/Fit/Jazz.
Nissan's problems were different than Honda's, but show me any link in any auto press from Europe/Asia/US auto press that indicates Honda on the verge of being thrown out.

Again look at the data, I said Honda's product line is solid. The Fit is doing well, Civic also, and the Accord sales haven't dropped much. Trucks are taking a hit, but yes I said Honda product line is solid and the data reflects that.

Seriously educate yourself,try reading "The End of Detroit: How the Big Three Lost Their Grip on the American Car Market" By Micheline Maynard. Pretty decent book, it also has individual chapters on history/philosophy/culture of Toyota and Honda (which are quite different).

http://www.economist.com/business/gl...ory_id=2119229

http://www.bookreporter.com/authors/...-micheline.asp

http://www.bookreporter.com/reviews/0385507704.asp
Old 01-12-2009, 11:17 AM
Safety Car

Are you setting yourself up for this one? Accord/Civic/CRV/Odyssey/Pilot/MDX/TL....
Look at the data

http://www.hondanews.com/categories/1097/releases/4898

It's very evident that 80% of sales do not come from 4 products.
These are American Honda Sales. On world wide basis it is only 4 products.

As far as the $4M airplane question neither you or I do not know that answer.
We already know the answer. I was giving them benefit of doubt by putting start date at 1999. but VTEC Racer claimed it was started from 1996. And first plane is likely to be delivered in 2010. 15 years waste of money and resources.

Cadillac climbed out of it's owner average age problem and expanded sales in late 1990's to mid 2000's. Many in Detroit (including some GM exec's) thought they were in worst shape than Oldsmobile. They also have always been a narrow focus brand, but have re-invented itself fairly well.
Economy was good. Even Ford Explorer had a half a million sales a year.

Nissan's problems were different than Honda's, but show me any link in any auto press from Europe/Asia/US auto press that indicates Honda on the verge of being thrown out.
Offocourse Market will throw them out. They are not big as Toyota to survive alone and they dont have alliance like Nissan with Renault. Alone they cant produce efficient and powerful diesels. 5speed auto produce as much carbon particles as V6 Euro diesels. Failure is written all over it.

Again look at the data, I said Honda's product line is solid. The Fit is doing well, Civic also, and the Accord sales haven't dropped much. Trucks are taking a hit, but yes I said Honda product line is solid and the data reflects that.
Civic and Accord sales have big half of last year average. Fit is cannablizing Civic.
Seriously educate yourself,try reading "The End of Detroit: How the Big Three Lost Their Grip on the American Car Market" By Micheline Maynard. Pretty decent book, it also has individual chapters on history/philosophy/culture of Toyota and Honda (which are quite different).

http://www.economist.com/business/gl...ory_id=2119229

http://www.bookreporter.com/authors/...-micheline.asp

http://www.bookreporter.com/reviews/0385507704.asp
Just wait when VW make three new Americanized Sedans. Total market size is way smalller and competition is become far stronger.
Acura has no new product untill 2011 year.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:38 AM
AZ Community Team

Prove it then with facts and a URL then.

We already know the answer. I was giving them benefit of doubt by putting start date at 1999. but VTEC Racer claimed it was started from 1996. And first plane is likely to be delivered in 2010. 15 years waste of money and resources.
Noone knows the answer.

Economy was good. Even Ford Explorer had a half a million sales a year.
Cadillac's senior VP in the late 90's made some claim in the press they were dying division until the revised product portfolio came out (Catera/CTS, then STS). Also Cadillac's marketing and business folks finally convinced GM that RWD was the way forward.

Offocourse Market will throw them out. They are not big as Toyota to survive alone and they dont have alliance like Nissan with Renault. Alone they cant produce efficient and powerful diesels. 5speed auto produce as much carbon particles as V6 Euro diesels. Failure is written all over it.
Prove the carbon claim, the rest of course is just your opinion.

Civic and Accord sales have big half of last year average. Fit is cannablizing Civic.

Just wait when VW make three new Americanized Sedans. Total market size is way smalller and competition is become far stronger.
Civic sales were up 2.1% for 2008, Fit sales were up 40.9%. The Fit is filling the size gap of where the Civic used to reside. My brother looked at both and bought the Civic, for the money it had better performance, utility, and was a better value.

In terms of the VW new model introduction, the US market will determine that. VW has released some great new cars in the past decade but has recently also raised prices on the latest models (Passat) in that they not as competitive in their respective classes. VW has introduced some low-end versions of Jetta and Rabbit to probably prevent sticker shock in the showrooms.

Again the Honda US sales were pretty decent in 08 considering how poor the economy was/is. What 2009 brings should make for another interesting year, just glad I'm not a auto operations manager.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Honda Fanboy

VW's sales is based on only two products. When the day comes when Honda doesn't outsell the entire VW brand with just one car in the U.S., I will bow down to you.

I never said it started in 1996. Development began in 1997. The planes will begin delivery in 2010. Not LIKELY to be delivered in 2010 like you are actually predicting it. When a $4,000,000 plane sells better than a VW Phaeton did in the U.S., then I wouldn't call that a waste of money and resources.

Well, is the market going to throw them out this year or next because sales in Europe for 2008 were up compared to 2007. When your going to spit out bile like this, next time just hold it in your mouth and swallow it.

Fit 2008 sales = 80,000
Civic 2008 sales = 370,000.

Hmmm, I see what you are talking about now.

The market has moved on. Nobody is or will be waiting for VW's new sedans. They have had three or four tries with the Passat and every single one was a failure. They first need to get the basics such as reliability down, then they can think about bringing a car that the American people might consider buying.

You also missed the Acura press release announcing a new product every 6 months for the next 5-6 years. But then again, of course you did because you were too busy making up lies on here.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Safety Car

Prove it then with facts and a URL then.
It was in the business week and some of reports are analyst stuff.

Noone knows the answer.
No one spent 15 years in developing when it is in demand. It is just go slow approach.

Cadillac's senior VP in the late 90's made some claim in the press they were dying division until the revised product portfolio came out (Catera/CTS, then STS). Also Cadillac's marketing and business folks finally convinced GM that RWD was the way forward.
Cadillac has only limited market in US. and they are not good in fuel efficiency. There success story is short time with economic.

Prove the carbon claim, the rest of course is just your opinion.
I dont state opinions.

Civic sales were up 2.1% for 2008, Fit sales were up 40.9%. The Fit is filling the size gap of where the Civic used to reside. My brother looked at both and bought the Civic, for the money it had better performance, utility, and was a better value.
Thats because first half sales were good. This year Honda will have the largest percentage decline.
In terms of the VW new model introduction, the US market will determine that. VW has released some great new cars in the past decade but has recently also raised prices on the latest models (Passat) in that they not as competitive in their respective classes. VW has introduced some low-end versions of Jetta and Rabbit to probably prevent sticker shock in the showrooms.

Again the Honda US sales were pretty decent in 08 considering how poor the economy was/is. What 2009 brings should make for another interesting year, just glad I'm not a auto operations manager.
Audi is upgrading 80 of its dealership but Acura is abondoning its home and only market. What does it tell about future?

http://www.autonews.com/article/2009...901120333/1078
Acura eases demands for store upgrades
Old 01-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ssftsx
i dont think it has anything to do with credit availability. Those who shop for luxury brand has stellar credit and disposable income compared to those shoping for honda or kia.
Car dealer usually ask for income proof before they run credit check.
Audi has the smallest decline in luxury vehicles and new a4 has agian beatup tl.
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...%7d&dist=msr_1

csx will be worst idea for states. It will be priced as $25k for 4 cylinder noisy engine. Acura luxury cars are already lower priced than others. So it will further de value the brand image.

Acura does not have that global sale base like audi/lexus. Acura will sink or swim with us market alone. Half of dealers will closed down by this sales level.

acura is honda!
Old 01-12-2009, 01:35 PM
Honda Fanboy

I also saw a report that Audi is being forced out of the U.S. market. It was in Forbes magazine and some "stuff" like that.

No one spent 15 years in developing when it is in demand. It is just go slow approach.

It is the approach you take when you want to be best in class, like the HondaJet. When was the last time VW was best at anything? How long do other manufacturers take to build a Jet? Honda started in 1997 and began sales in 1996. Thats 9 years. Your math is a biiit off.

Cadillac has only limited market in US. and they are not good in fuel efficiency. There success story is short time with economic.

Limited Market in U.S.? How limited can you be when your sales numbers are double of Audi's?

I dont state opinions.

Nothing you have stated has been supported as a fact, so you will continue to be flamed and sprayed with the Troll Spray.

Thats because first half sales were good. This year Honda will have the largest percentage decline.

This year, VW is expected to go bankrupt in the U.S. market.

Audi is upgrading 80 of its dealership but Acura is abondoning its home and only market. What does it tell about future?

Acura is upgrading ALL of its dealerships. The link you posted is dead and a search of the title provides your same article as the only find.

Last edited by VTEC Racer; 01-12-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:36 PM
AZ Community Team

Everything you have stated here is your opinion unless of course you can back it up with real info and data.

I dont state opinions.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:42 PM
AZ Community Team

DETROIT -- Honda Motor Co. aims to reduce its U.S. inventory by about a third over the next three months to better align with sales, after seeing its stockpile of cars and trucks swell in the latest quarter...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123169711627871635.html
Old 01-12-2009, 02:12 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by VTEC Racer
When a $4,000,000 plane sells better than a VW Phaeton did in the U.S., then I wouldn't call that a waste of money and resources.
Figured you may enjoy this if you had not seen it. I remember reading about it in the auto press.

Audi chief: VW brand too weak for Phaeton.

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0199-3399886/Audi-chief-VW-brand-too.html#abstract

...salesmen used selling Jettas and Golfs,'' Axel Mees said at a press event here last week.

Mees, 53, is no stranger to the luxury market. Before joining Audi on March 1, he spent 20 years with BMW AG.

"Volkswagen underestimated the weakness of their brand in the luxury segment,'' he said, adding that former Volkswagen AG CEO Ferdinand Piech "was an engineer and he wanted to prove that he can build great cars, and he didn't look at the marketing aspect, the brand aspect.''

Through October, U.S. dealerships sold only 1,433 Phaetons. VW's original goal: 5,000 cars annually.

Audi's Axel Mees: "Volkswagen underestimated the weakness of their brand in the luxury segment."

Mees was fired from Audi very soon (I thought it was that afternoon or the next morning) after making that statement.

Last edited by Legend2TL; 01-12-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:07 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As much as the subject always goes back to Audi, this thread is not about Audi so can we please stop talking about it?
Old 01-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
remind you of..?

I'm an excellent driver.

I'm an excellent driver.

I'm an excellent driver.

Dad lets me drive slow on the driveway every Saturday. 'Course the seats were originally brown leather now they're a pitiful red.

It's a 1949 Buick Roadmaster. Straight 8. Fireball 8. Only 8,985 production models. Dad lets me drive slow on the driveway. But not on Monday, definitely not on Monday.

Uh oh, fifteen minutes to Judge Wapner.

'Course, three minutes to Wapner.

Ten minutes to Wapner. We're definitely locked in this box with no TV.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Safety Car

Figured you may enjoy this if you had not seen it. I remember reading about it in the auto press.

Audi chief: VW brand too weak for Phaeton.

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0199-3399886/Audi-chief-VW-brand-too.html#abstract

...salesmen used selling Jettas and Golfs,'' Axel Mees said at a press event here last week.

Mees, 53, is no stranger to the luxury market. Before joining Audi on March 1, he spent 20 years with BMW AG.

"Volkswagen underestimated the weakness of their brand in the luxury segment,'' he said, adding that former Volkswagen AG CEO Ferdinand Piech "was an engineer and he wanted to prove that he can build great cars, and he didn't look at the marketing aspect, the brand aspect.''

Through October, U.S. dealerships sold only 1,433 Phaetons. VW's original goal: 5,000 cars annually.

Audi's Axel Mees: "Volkswagen underestimated the weakness of their brand in the luxury segment."

Mees was fired from Audi very soon (I thought it was that afternoon or the next morning) after making that statement.
That news article is pretty weak. Can Acura sales $80K sedan under its brand in US let alone Honda. The Answer is No. US is home market for Honda Just like Japan. And expensive Hondas have no chance of Success. VW has small presence in US. Resale Value of VW Phatem is better than RL.
VW hasnt abandon Phatem. They are introducing new generation in 2010. and in EU it is quite decent sales.
http://www.samar.pl/__/__la/en/__ac/...-take-off.html
In the year-to-March period, the Volkswagen Phaeton sold 769 units in Germany, rising 45.4% year-over-year. The figure is still well below the tally for the model's fiercest rival, the Mercedes-Benz S-Class with over 1,900 units sold during the period, but just ahead of the BMW 7-Series.
Despite the slow-sales of the previous-generation Phaeton, Volkswagen expects the new version to do well. Last year, Phaeton sales reached 5,700 units, and the figure for 2008 is expected to hit 7,000.

According to industry sources, the Volkswagen Phaeton will be relaunched in the US next year after sales were discontinued two years ago.

The next-generation Volkswagen Phaeton is expected to hit showrooms early next decade. The newcomer is expected to have much more in common with the Bentley Continental and the Audi A8
Let see Acura make full size sedan and sell it for $80K. VW is not Honda.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by crxb
I'm an excellent driver...
I offer this variation for your consideration:

I'm an excellent automotive industry analyst.

Acurazine lets me post nonsense on their site every day. 'Course there are a few members who will disagree with me but they're pitiful and jealous.

It's a 2009 Audi A4. Best car ever made. Highly desirable. Only 8,985 production models. The salesman lets me drive slow on the dealer lot. But not on Saturday, definitely not on Saturday.

Uh oh, fifteen minutes to Motor Week.

'Course, three minutes to Motor Week.

Ten minutes to Motor Week. We're definitely locked in this box with no TV.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Pro

Old 01-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by S2000 Driver
I offer this variation for your consideration:

Acurazine lets me post nonsense on their site every day. 'Course there are a few members who will disagree with me but they're pitiful and jealous.

It's a 2009 Audi A4. Best car ever made. Highly desirable. Only 8,985 production models. The salesman lets me drive slow on the dealer lot. But not on Saturday, definitely not on Saturday.

Uh oh, fifteen minutes to Motor Week.

'Course, three minutes to Motor Week.

Ten minutes to Motor Week. We're definitely locked in this box with no TV.
Thanks S2000 I haven't laughed that hard all day!
Old 01-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"Quantis never crashed..." Your getting funnier S2000!
Old 01-12-2009, 07:34 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

HAHHAHAHAH good job S2000 Driver..hahaha!!

Oh and I guess SSFTSX didn't know that Gillette spent 14 years to develop the Sensor's shaving system when he said Honda took too long to develope HondaJet...
http://www.packaging2.com/PDF/Shick_...acer_Razor.pdf
Old 01-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Instructor

S2000 Driver...thank you! I'm laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes.

I think that a new forum rule is in order.
Only those who currently drive a 4G are allowed to post in the 4G section. Kinda like the zoo....zebras with zebras, lions with lions, trolls with trolls.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:08 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Funny it took less time to go to the moon.

Originally Posted by iforyou
HAHHAHAHAH good job S2000 Driver..hahaha!!

Oh and I guess SSFTSX didn't know that Gillette spent 14 years to develop the Sensor's shaving system when he said Honda took too long to develope HondaJet...
http://www.packaging2.com/PDF/Shick_...acer_Razor.pdf
Old 01-13-2009, 01:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by CL6
But they (NASA) had all the smart people... you know... real Rocket Scientists!

They also had a Presidential mandate. It's not as if Kennedy said,"We choose to use three blades. We choose to use three blades in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because we need a close shave"
Old 01-13-2009, 03:12 PM
practicing nihilist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
[QUOTE=SSFTSX;10385534]That news article is pretty weak. Can Acura sales $80K sedan under its brand in US let alone Honda. The Answer is No. US is home market for Honda Just like Japan...[QUOTE]

how the hell can you have two home markets, douche?

"Did you fart, Ray? Did you f@#$ing fart?"

SSFTSX could be the internets answer to a labotomy. I actually feel stupider as I read his posts. Then I reply in anger...it's like going crazy when you're already nuts.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:18 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Ja zay had zee rocket scientists und fer der razor zey had zee people who change zee name from Legend to der RL!

Originally Posted by Colin
But they (NASA) had all the smart people... you know... real Rocket Scientists!

They also had a Presidential mandate. It's not as if Kennedy said,"We choose to use three blades. We choose to use three blades in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because we need a close shave"
Old 01-13-2009, 06:55 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Originally Posted by CL6
lol, well I didn't know that.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:09 AM
AZ Community Team

S2000 that was great!
Old 01-14-2009, 09:41 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by CL6
That's IF we really did go. I've read both books that claim the moon landings were faked, "We Didn't Go To The Moon!" and "NASA Mooned America". You may think at first those authors are crazy, but once you read about all the anomolies in pictures supposedly taken by the astronauts on the moon, world political events at the time, 1960's technology, etc., it easily makes you seriously question whether or not it was all a hoax.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:52 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by DMZ
That's IF we really did go. I've read both books that claim the moon landings were faked, "We Didn't Go To The Moon!" and "NASA Mooned America". You may think at first those authors are crazy, but once you read about all the anomolies in pictures supposedly taken by the astronauts on the moon, world political events at the time, 1960's technology, etc., it easily makes you seriously question whether or not it was all a hoax.
I wonder if they put those books in the same section of the library with the books that claim 9/11 was staged by the US government and/or Israel.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:28 PM
practicing nihilist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I wonder if they put those books in the same section of the library with the books that claim 9/11 was staged by the US government and/or Israel.
And Global Warming actually means it has to get colder first.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:30 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Our government could never keep a secret like that. I don't buy it.

Originally Posted by DMZ