Help me out! 09 TL

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 02:47 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help me out! 09 TL

I am considering, the 09 TL but would love some feedback from the people who have already seen it or test driven it.

(I have seen it in person however I have not test driven it)

Thoughts...?

Positives?
Negatives?

Changes... good or bad?
Old 10-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Wild Child

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well, I own one. And Im not sure what you are driving at the present, but I think the only VAST improvements have been to the Technology. I mean the stereo is very geek-friendly. I mean it does it all. bluetooth audio from your phone, USB thumb drive, ipod, any music player with an 1/8" headphone jack. The 3G stereos, not loud. And they maxed out at 40. The volume they had at 40, the 4G has at 20. AWD is gonna be the azz-kikkr though if youre ready for the 40k base. It handles better and has a smoother ride than the 3G. I wouldnt necessarily say its faster YET. Ive only had it for 6 days and I havent had enough room to exercise the paddle shifters. But all in all it IS worth the money.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

You have to test-drive it. All the photos, reviews and comparo's in the world isn't gonna mean much to you unless you see, feel, touch, smell, and drive the car in person.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Wild Child

Originally Posted by PetesTL
You have to test-drive it. All the photos, reviews and comparo's in the world isn't gonna mean much to you unless you see, feel, touch, smell, and drive the car in person.
So true. You know Pete, I have yet to find a dealer that will just take a chill pill and let me PLAY with the car in the dealership parking lot. lol. They always want to sell me a car thats sold itself. I dont think many people our age, wander into an Acura dealership not knowing anything about the cars. A lot of the Sales reps are dumbfounded and dont have answers to most of the questions you present. I had a sales lady tell me that there was no way and no reason to turn the "North-Up" feature off on the Nav System. Obsurd!
Old 10-09-2008, 07:54 PM
10th Gear

Thanks for the feed back! I am one step closer in owning a TL, I drive a TSX 2006. And I need an upgrade. I went to a dealership again today for my second look and test drive. All I can say is adding the 3.5 to the base works majic for someone like me. I want the toys and the speed. The FWD, drives like a beauty. I want to drive the SH-AWD but dealers in Canada wont be getting them for another two or three weeks from now Prices are much more reasonable and attractive , due to the economy I am assuming. They released rates at 5.9% for both leasing and financing. But I have a feeling they might drop closer to next fall, as did the 08 TL's.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by wildchild_8635
So true. You know Pete, I have yet to find a dealer that will just take a chill pill and let me PLAY with the car in the dealership parking lot. lol. They always want to sell me a car thats sold itself. I dont think many people our age, wander into an Acura dealership not knowing anything about the cars. A lot of the Sales reps are dumbfounded and dont have answers to most of the questions you present. I had a sales lady tell me that there was no way and no reason to turn the "North-Up" feature off on the Nav System. Obsurd!

My dealer was cool, could also be I bought 3 TL's from them over 2 years, but I took an 09 out by myself for an hour put about 40 miles on it.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by nik-ki
I am considering, the 09 TL but would love some feedback from the people who have already seen it or test driven it.

Thoughts...?

Positives?
Negatives?

Changes... good or bad?

Look for my post "Yet another 09 test drive"... I wrote up a failry extensive over view coming fomr several 3G TL's and test driving a G35 and Genesis several times recently.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
If I were in the car market, I'd probably get the FWD with the tech package. I don't do enough "spirited" driving to pay the premium for the car. For those who appreciate that, the SH-AWD coupled with the 6MT is worth it.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:56 PM
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts
After test driving the tech model, it was immediately apparent that this is what the TL should have been all along. It is a pleasant balance between sport and luxury, and unlike the 3rd generation TL it feels fresh and solid. When I looked at the TL in 2005, it was lacking the quality I was looking for and was already feelng dated so I ended up with the new RL instead. The '09 TL makes up for the quality gap in every regard except for three things I noticed:
1. The navigation voice, like the 3g, still comes from the center channel speaker instead of utilizing the entire sound system. This makes the voice sound metalic and isolated diminishing the true refinement of the system.
2. The hands free link is slightly less intuitive than in my MDX. It forces you first to navigate the phone menu under info before allowing you to make a direct command like "Call Sarah."
3. The steering wheel is still adjusted manually.

I know I am being persnickety, but other than those issues the TL is improved in every way.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:34 AM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, I own one. And Im not sure what you are driving at the present, but I think the only VAST improvements have been to the Technology. I mean the stereo is very geek-friendly. I mean it does it all. bluetooth audio from your phone, USB thumb drive, ipod, any music player with an 1/8" headphone jack. The 3G stereos, not loud. And they maxed out at 40. The volume they had at 40, the 4G has at 20. AWD is gonna be the azz-kikkr though if youre ready for the 40k base. It handles better and has a smoother ride than the 3G. I wouldnt necessarily say its faster YET. Ive only had it for 6 days and I havent had enough room to exercise the paddle shifters. But all in all it IS worth the money.
wait, what?

the stereo does A2DP from the phone?
Old 10-10-2008, 06:06 AM
3.2 VTEC

I had a sales lady tell me that there was no way and no reason to turn the "North-Up" feature off on the Nav System. Obsurd!
i agree with her, it gives you better orientation on the map, if you are moving up then you are going north, if left then west, ect....

it's because you revolve around the world and not the world around you
Old 10-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nik-ki

Thoughts...?

Positives?
Negatives?

Changes... good or bad?
This forum is full of feedback on the 4g TL. Its not like there was only 1 posting about the car. Just read the forums and you will get your answer what your looking for. Many reviews and thoughts about everything you wanted to know about it. The car is in the dealers to be test driven. The answers users are gonna post about are th same answers you would get if you read the other posts. Get off your ass and do your own basic research instead of waiting for others to do it for you.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:48 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by bubbahead
This forum is full of feedback on the 4g TL. Its not like there was only 1 posting about the car. Just read the forums and you will get your answer what your looking for. Many reviews and thoughts about everything you wanted to know about it. The car is in the dealers to be test driven. The answers users are gonna post about are th same answers you would get if you read the other posts. Get off your ass and do your own basic research instead of waiting for others to do it for you.
Well, thanks for the blunt reply! I noticed that there were tons of forums on the 09 TL however half of them were just complaining about the car. Now there are some great ones, which someone posted on here to tell me where to look!! I am new on here so get over it!

On another note Navi? Love the non DIGITAL screen, map guidance is super fast and is tweeked in just the right areas!!