Headliner attachment

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 11:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
Headliner attachment

Anyone familiar with how the headliner is attached? I was playing around with the windshield edge of the headliner, driver side, last night, in preparation for running a USB cord for a cam. I was surprised at how easy it was to slide my fingers in the gap, under the headliner. The previous owner did run a radar detector line, and so I'm wondering if the headliner was pulled away, and never properly attached / re-seated. The passenger side seems as "snug" as I would have expected it to be.

Does anyone know how it's supposed to attach? Are there clips, or some other mechanism? Thanks.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 185 Likes on 150 Posts
The are service manuals posted in some threads in this forum. The exact procedure is in listed within.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:00 AM
'20 TLX SH-AWD A-Spec

Received 345 Likes on 253 Posts
What reorge said. To add to that, because of the airbags make sure you disconnect the battery before you attempt to pull anything in that area. Not that the triggers are too sensitive but you never know what can happen. Also, if you just want to make it look flush, well, if the clips are broken then velcro is your friend, and maybe less rattling too than the oem clips.