Great deal on 2010 TL vs. waiting for 2012 refresh

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't do it! Just wait. The 2012 will get the 6-speed transmission, but its technology and so forth will also be upgraded. It's just a given. The AWD system might get upgraded too, and new trim or other interior parts could be changed too.

The 2012 will simply be a better car, and if you value features and performance as well as fuel economy they all will probably be better. I'm waiting to see what the 2012 brings myself.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you don't have to buy a car now just wait. It's obvious you're on the fence. Wait at least until you're confident in your purchase.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
I was in the same boat. I decided to go with the 2010 simply because of the incentives. I just couldn't pass up the 6k+ discount. I doubt you'll be able to get as good a deal on the MMC and the price is sure to be higher. However, if the deal itself is not as much a factor then by all means wait for the MMC.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:58 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by dethred
That's funny, when I bought my car a few weeks ago no one at my dealership had any concrete information on the car, nor any idea whether or not it will be coming out in early Summer or early Fall.

Wow you really like to push buttons. "Now" I'm down to $4,000? I stated that in my original post in this thread. You really think they'll add options and not charge more because of "the economy"? Ha. That's an ingenious business model.

I tell you what. When someone buys one of these upgraded cars for invoice within 1-2 months of its release, you come and point it out in this thread. Until then we'll go ahead and assume you're 100% wrong.
So no one else has access to information before you do...

You like giving it but can't take it...

Who said anything about paying invoice? You're just going to keep going on and on to satisfy yourself.

You make some good points in your posts...now if only you could communicate with some level of maturity...
Old 11-13-2010, 02:04 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by dethred
... and I will tell you right now that dealers don't give a damn about "the economy" when a new refresh or model comes out and is in demand. To say "nothing" is going to sell for close to MSRP is pure ignorance as well, considering I know several people that don't like to haggle, and buy their cars at the sticker price all the time. Hell, figuring that I have yet to see someone post a notably better deal than I got a few weeks ago ($36,029 before TT&L), and I got the car for essentially invoice minus the incentives, most people are STILL buying the 2010's for above invoice (and getting the $3,000 dealer incentives off of that price). Hell, TrueCar's last 55 AWD Tech sales figures as of today are reporting people paying over $1000 above invoice on average (when adding on $3,000 to cover the incentives).
I didn't think I'd have to be giving behavior advise...but because I really think these forums are valuable and can be helpful to us all...consider the following quotes...

You don't have to be disagreeable to disagree...

There's always 2 sides to a story...and the truth is usually somewhere in the middle...
Old 11-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by neilman
So no one else has access to information before you do...

You like giving it but can't take it...

Who said anything about paying invoice? You're just going to keep going on and on to satisfy yourself.

You make some good points in your posts...now if only you could communicate with some level of maturity...
That's ironic coming from someone who has repeatedly falsely attributed claims to me, including in your above post. I find myself having to repeatedly clarify my statements as you constantly take them out of context.

Additionally, my assertion that the only concrete information we have heard on the 2012 model is a RUMOR. Hence, why my dealership had no info, and yours had several specifics with no way of backing up their claims.

My math actually happens to be sound, but I see you're beyond addressing the actual numbers involved and going straight for the "you're arguing like a meany" approach. I get the feeling people respond to you this way quite often, or at least as often as you take their statements out of context.

Why don't we agree to leave it at this:

If you want to risk spending anywhere from 4-7k more for a car with an unknown list of changes, then go for it.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Thumbs up More TL info!!!

zread this... Vtec.net has rarely been wrong.

http://vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=935913

A source has provided some new information concerning Acura news for the coming year.

As we reported back in July, the source confirms that the 2011 model year will be a very short run for the TL. The 2012 TL will reportedly go on sale "early next year". There are said to be no sheetmetal changes, but the metallic "tramp stamp" will reportedly disappear from the trunk lid. Also, as we already knew, the grill design has been revised. 19" wheels will be standard on a new Advance package which will also introduce Acura's BSI (Blind Spot Information System) and "other enhanced features". The source supports our earlier reports that Acura's 6-speed automatic will also become a part of the TL product mix.

The new entry level sub-TSX model is on track to be shown next year. The source says it will be offered with gasoline and hybrid powertrains. Also, and I quote: "We have been told it is very edgy and very affordable. 'Think aggressive IS350' we were told." We're not exactly sure what to make of that statement.

Now, we move on to the flagship. In discussions of the upcoming RL, there are said to be consistent comparisons to the 7-series, but it seems the comparisons have mostly been focused on rear leg room. Another source of ours supports this notion that rear seat room is a priority, saying the next RL will be something in the mold of the Mercedes CLS, "a 4-door coupe but with sufficient rear head and leg room for 6+footers". Superior fuel efficiency and new engine technology have been topics that keep coming up as well. Note that in a Q&A with Automotive News that was published yesterday, Honda CEO Takanobu Ito stated: