Graphite Luster Metallic and Silver Moon

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 07:16 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Graphite Luster Metallic and Silver Moon

Does this color get dirty as easily as black? My 3G was black and I gave up cleaning it as it would only stay clean for a day. Tempted to go with Silver Moon but I've always had a thing for the graphite
Old 09-03-2016, 09:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,013 Likes on 1,432 Posts
I found graphite 4G TL to hide dirt better than my satin silver 3G TL.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:22 AM
LNJ
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
My other vehicle is a graphite grey metallic and beside my silver TL, it looks dirtier under all conditions. Dust, dried water drops, winter, and etc.
Still better than my previous black vehicle though.
The silver is nice because it blends in with the grill and the door trims. All the other colours have varying degrees of contrast to them.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 325 Likes on 214 Posts
Silver will always hide dirt better than grey, I have a GLM and its decent at hiding dirt but like the other user said Silver is better at it.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:33 PM
Drifting

Received 242 Likes on 165 Posts
I had a Anthracite TL prior to my Silver TL. No comparison, the Silver will always hide the dirt better, and its really not even close.
I would say the Silver Moon is one of the better Silvers Acura has come out with too, very sparkly looking when its clean.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:44 PM
LNJ
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverJ
I had a Anthracite TL prior to my Silver TL. No comparison, the Silver will always hide the dirt better, and its really not even close.
I would say the Silver Moon is one of the better Silvers Acura has come out with too, very sparkly looking when its clean.
It sparkles so much that you hardly notice paint imperfections or swirl marks! I like it cause it blends well with the chrome pieces on the car. I hate the chrome crap so at least with the silver they don't stand out much!
Old 09-06-2016, 05:34 PM
Drifting

Received 242 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by LNJ
It sparkles so much that you hardly notice paint imperfections or swirl marks! I like it cause it blends well with the chrome pieces on the car. I hate the chrome crap so at least with the silver they don't stand out much!
That would be accurate ! I have never once looked at my car and thought it had swirl marks.
On the silver, and only the silver, I think the chrome pieces are an accent. They blend so much better.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:42 PM
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
IMO the Borealis blue pearl hides the dirt the best.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:55 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts
In my experience the graphite will show dirt about the same as black, however it will be much easier to care for since it will not show swirls or imperfections as bad as non metallic back does. The silver will be the easiest of the the three to maintain and will show dirt a lot less.

I have had five black cars over the years and several dark color cars, so to preserve my sanity (I'm too OCD with my cars) I made the switch to lighter colors, white pearls, metallic silvers etc and couldn't be happier. While the darker colors show more reflection and depth, they also show more dust, dirt and every imperfection, especially black.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:10 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JT4
In my experience the graphite will show dirt about the same as black, however it will be much easier to care for since it will not show swirls or imperfections as bad as non metallic back does. The silver will be the easiest of the the three to maintain and will show dirt a lot less.

I have had five black cars over the years and several dark color cars, so to preserve my sanity (I'm too OCD with my cars) I made the switch to lighter colors, white pearls, metallic silvers etc and couldn't be happier. While the darker colors show more reflection and depth, they also show more dust, dirt and every imperfection, especially black.
yea pretty sure I've decided silver will be my next car color