GPS Data Logging

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 01:37 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
GPS Data Logging

Does anyone know if the Acura built-in GPS system equipped with the Tech trim log GPS locations internally? If yes, how many days of GPS data does the system keep and how to get to it? Thanks.
Old 02-18-2016, 04:57 PM
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts
I am not sure if this answers your question but on my car, the last map update didn't include a new freeway extension that has opened in my area. The map now shows tracking points along this extension even though this part of the freeway itself is not on the map. The points don't seem to go away over time.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:06 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Hi RenoTL, Thanks for your response.

I want to find out where my car has been in the past. I am hoping that GPS system does save geologging data.

Originally Posted by RenoTL
I am not sure if this answers your question but on my car, the last map update didn't include a new freeway extension that has opened in my area. The map now shows tracking points along this extension even though this part of the freeway itself is not on the map. The points don't seem to go away over time.

Last edited by Samba; 02-18-2016 at 06:09 PM.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,744 Likes on 6,746 Posts
Doubtful. You've been watching too many spy movies . Probably best to check with the NSA And ask for their logs.

For future reference though, I believe they have GPS loggers that attach to the OBd2 port if that's something you want to add on..

Trouble with a cheating wife or something??