Got violated

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 08:55 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 88 Posts
Got violated

So I go pick up my car at the parking garage where I leave my car every night and my door is cracked open. The mother fucker who broke in took my easy pass, took my iPods that I had since the begening of time. The funny thing is that there was no broken windows or force entry. I swear to my life that I locked the door on Thursday night when i left the car in the garage, by the way you park the car and take you key no one there moves you car. I think it was an inside job from these two ricers security guards that have hooked up accord and civics. I called the police and they said that 2 detectives are going to see the video on 7/23/12 and I should get a call. I have 2 questions has anyone here on Azine ever locked their TL and go back to find the doors open, and does the Tl have an auto lock system that locks the doors when you close your doors. Everyone from my wife to my daughter tells me I must of left the doors unlocked and someone just happen to pull my door handles and opened up and just took everything.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 119 Posts
That blows - I know I've accidentally unlocked my doors, popped my trunk, and rolled down my windows with the smart key remote. If I've got something else in the pocket and put pressure on a button anything can happen - Anywhere in my house is close enough, so I've often come out and found something amiss. At work I try to park at least 100ft away just to avoid the possibility
Old 07-21-2012, 09:21 AM
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by 012TL-GLM
That blows - I know I've accidentally unlocked my doors, popped my trunk, and rolled down my windows with the smart key remote. If I've got something else in the pocket and put pressure on a button anything can happen - Anywhere in my house is close enough, so I've often come out and found something amiss. At work I try to park at least 100ft away just to avoid the possibility
Do you have your car set to lock on its own if you accidentally unlock it? If you unlock it and don't open the doors it will lock it up itself.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Burning Brakes

I could of had some change in my pocket and maybe it pressed on my key fob, but we will see because there is a camara pointing directly at my car and it will show who and how they got into my car.

hey hogan-I didnt know that you can set your car to lock itself. How do you do this?

Last edited by Steven Bell; 07-21-2012 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:47 AM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Two basic security recommendations:

1. Don't leave anything appealing in the car, not even a wrapped stick of gum.

2. Park near a more expensive car if you can find one (lowering your appeal as a target).

There is no such thing as security; all efforts in that direction are just introduction of friction to slow committed thieves down (true of govt regulation of finance, too).

Think in terms of what you can do to maximize the friction in the attack on what you want to protect, with the ideal that the efforts at theft/violence will be deflected towards easier targets nearby.

This is the fundamental principle of deterrence.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:34 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 012TL-GLM

Quoting for truth, I threw another set of keys in the same pocket and managed to lock/unlock the car multiple times while doing stuff in my garage. I was opening my car doors washing the inside, took me a few times before I realized what was happening and that my car wasn't possessed...
Old 07-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Did my first car wash last night and when I would wash/wipe the handles the car kept beeping at me as well . Will have to keep an eye out and make sure I don't inadvertently leave the doors unlocked. One thing I did notice as I kept accidentally unlocking the door. After a while of not entering the car and moving on to wash other parts (further away from the handle) I'd hear the door locks re-engage. Good sign.

And yes, I too try to keep nothing of value in the car. So they'll only be tempted by the $40K car and not the $250 iPod that I hook up inside.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:37 PM
WDP 4G

Received 75 Likes on 67 Posts
Sorry to hear man. Hope you find out who did it
Old 07-21-2012, 01:15 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by types1fan
hey hogan-I didnt know that you can set your car to lock itself. How do you do this?
It is controlled through the MID. If you accidentally unlock the car and do not open a door within the time set in the MID, the doors will lock automatically.

I think that can be turned off and it sounds maybe like yours is. I'll look at it when I'm in the car this afternoon and give you more information if you can't find it.

It is in the MID under security relics timer under Door/Window setup. There is no option to turn it off, so that is probably not your issue. Good luck.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 07-21-2012 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry about your car being broken into.

For the life of me I don't understand why they didn't add an option to lock the car after you walk away. My corvette does this and it's an awesome feature that gives you peace of mind knowing your expensive car is always locked.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by FanaticFan
Two basic security recommendations:

1. Don't leave anything appealing in the car, not even a wrapped stick of gum.

2. Park near a more expensive car if you can find one (lowering your appeal as a target).

There is no such thing as security; all efforts in that direction are just introduction of friction to slow committed thieves down (true of govt regulation of finance, too).

Think in terms of what you can do to maximize the friction in the attack on what you want to protect, with the ideal that the efforts at theft/violence will be deflected towards easier targets nearby.

This is the fundamental principle of deterrence.
Ther e was nothing of value visible at all, everything was in the glove compartment. Even the easypass i keep stored so no one messes with my car. There are a few nice cars on this lot i think the fools that work there just got me.

Originally Posted by lazAcura
Quoting for truth, I threw another set of keys in the same pocket and managed to lock/unlock the car multiple times while doing stuff in my garage. I was opening my car doors washing the inside, took me a few times before I realized what was happening and that my car wasn't possessed...
When i wash my car that also happens to me, The contant beeping drives me nits but got to keep the car clean.

Originally Posted by eazy
Sorry to hear man. Hope you find out who did it
Thanks eazy, i hope they check the video and get him or her.

Originally Posted by stars_fan
Sorry about your car being broken into. Thanks man, Atleast there is no brocken windows or forced entry.

For the life of me I don't understand why they didn't add an option to lock the car after you walk away. My corvette does this and it's an awesome feature that gives you peace of mind knowing your expensive car is always locked.
Like hogan said there is a feature but it might be turned off, I'll check it out tonight.

Originally Posted by Hogan9166
It is controlled through the MID. If you accidentally unlock the car and do not open a door within the time set in the MID, the doors will lock automatically.

I think that can be turned off and it sounds maybe like yours is. I'll look at it when I'm in the car this afternoon and give you more information if you can't find it.
Thanks for the info i'll most def check on that tonight.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 07-21-2012 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:41 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by types1fan
Thanks eazy, i hope they check the video and get him or her.

Like hogan said there is a feature but it might be turned off, I'll check it out tonight.

Thanks for the info i'll most def check on that tonight.
Remember, it only works if you unlock your car and do not open the doors. There is a setting for 30, 60, or 90 seconds before the car locks itself again.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Man, I'm really sorry to hear that happened....
Old 07-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Burning Brakes

^^^ ahh, I totally misunderstood you, I thought you can activate and have it work automatically after you close your door, basically you would call it auto lock. Well that blows big time, from now on I'll make sure my doors are locked and my alarm is set. This small incident cost me some 400.00 so I'll have to be more careful.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Man, I'm really sorry to hear that happened....
Yea Steve, hopefully it all works out well.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:35 AM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,154 Likes on 825 Posts
Vehicle keyless entry systems have serious security flaws.

It has been reported in CNN that car thieves nowadays are equipped with radio frequency (RF) repeaters that can detect faint RF transmission from keyfobs, amplify the signal, and rebroadcast the amplified signal to fool a vehicle to think that a genuine keyfob is located right next to the vehicle even though the legitimate keyfob is far away.

As the car owners lock the doors and walk away from their vehicles, the thieves just have to walk up right next to the vehicles with their RF repeaters to fool the keyless entry systems as if the true owners are standing right next to the vehicles. As a result, doors can be open at will, and in the worst case, vehicles can be started and driven away at will.

So, until the vehicle keyless entry systems are protected by a two-way code encryption or a rolling code scheme, it is best to disable them for better security protection.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:43 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Tell me how

Originally Posted by Hogan9166
Do you have your car set to lock on its own if you accidentally unlock it? If you unlock it and don't open the doors it will lock it up itself.
How does one set up their veihicle to do this?
Old 07-22-2012, 09:36 AM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Road-Rager 1
How does one set up their veihicle to do this?
Go to the Keyless Memory Settings in your MID

The following users liked this post:
TinyRK (07-22-2012)
Old 07-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Scott

Received 156 Likes on 151 Posts
Mine was already set up to do the security lock after 30 seconds - default setting. Very good feature......types1fan - hope the police catch them....
Old 07-23-2012, 10:50 AM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Did you report the EZ Pass as stolen to your tolling authority? The first time the dumb ass who stole it tries to use it, they should pick it up as a violation and there will be a photo taken of the vehicle that used it.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:29 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by n-spring
Did you report the EZ Pass as stolen to your tolling authority? The first time the dumb ass who stole it tries to use it, they should pick it up as a violation and there will be a photo taken of the vehicle that used it.
This is what I was going to say. Good idea.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by n-spring
That's the first thing I did as soon as I saw it was missing, the parking lot manager just called me and re assured me that I was not an inside job that they don't steal in that parking lot. I said to her we will find out when the camera shows who did it.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:51 PM
2024 Honda Civic Type R

Received 1,475 Likes on 932 Posts
Sorry to hear. Hope justice is served.

I hope the thief wasn't smart enough to be aware of the cameras and hide their face/identity.