Good Acura Dealer/Service Center in GTA

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 09:16 PM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Good Acura Dealer/Service Center in GTA

Hey I noticed that quite a few people here are from the GTA (Greater Toronto Area).

Does anyone from the GTA have any preferences for the Acura dealer/service center that they bring their car in for servicing? I bought my 2012 TL from Markham Acura a few months ago but the sales reps and the service aren't very good and I'm not quite happy with them. I want to know if there's a better dealer that I should be going to.

I've heard bad things about Markham Acura on RedFlagDeals and my coworker told me that his experience at Sherway Acura is pretty bad too.

I'm considering going to Acura North in Thornhill or Acura at Erin Mills.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts
Hi there,
I have been a customer at Erin Mills ever since I bought my '99 Integra there. My opinion is that they are quite good overall but I do almost all my own maintenance. So I would use them for parts sometimes and warranty stuff if needed and repairs that I do not want to do myself.
I thought the price was OK and the work was good when they did my timing belt on the Integra. I have not had any work done on my TL except they replaced a speaker under warranty. Even though I bought my TL at another dealer, they put me in the computer and treat me like a regular client. I particularly like Ron, one of the advisors there.
Bottom line, I know that all dealers are way overpriced for service like filters etc. but I trust them on major stuff and I think they are fair.
Their prices on used cars is high though, which is why I bought elsewhere (St. Catharines) .
Old 06-11-2014, 11:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Having said that - the other day they (Erin Mills) were going to charge me $25 ea for spark plugs, which I declined! Another poster on a thread here suggested Amazon and I found the same NGK plugs on Amazon for $10 ea.
I have not used any other Acura dealers in the GTA but I have heard the same sort of things that you mentioned.
I like Performance Acura in St. Catharines but that's probably no good for you.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:24 PM
Instructor

Yeah that's a bit far for me. I think the furthest that I am willing to go is Erin Mills unless I really have to (if everything in my area just plain sucks).

There was an issue with the automatic window on the driver's side after buying the car and after bringing it in for reprogramming twice, I had the run channel and the front door regulator replaced under warranty. The problem has improved but I'm still getting the issue where when closing my window automatically, it will go down instead of up.

Also I have an annoying rattle within the cabin that they don't seem to care to investigate. I'll try with Acura North first and hopefully they'll be a bit more helpful.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:35 PM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Acura 2000 for me all the way
Old 06-11-2014, 05:09 PM
Burning Brakes

There are lots of things that might cause a rattle in the cabin.
Eliminate all the simple stuff like coins in the door panels or seat belt buckles etc. Or a loose transponder rattling against your windshield! BUT - I have the annoying roof rattle myself. I hope you don't have this one! It sounds like a seat belt buckle or maybe something loose in the seats or the side pillars, but it's actually in the roof. It's worse when the sunroof cover is back. It's a known issue and there is a tsb for it but they have to tear your car apart to fix it.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:53 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Skabei,

Do you have a link of the redflagforum of Markham Acura? Tried searching but couldnt find it. I actually took my TL to Markham Acura this week did the A12 service minus the air filters. Tried charging me $100 for air filter and cabin filter that I recently checked and were fine.

Although I was concerned about the Torque Convertor Issue as the shifts between 1-2 2-3 are somewhat noticeable they said no issue and did perform an Update. Well see how it feels in the next couple of days.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:37 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by kev87a
Hey Skabei,

Do you have a link of the redflagforum of Markham Acura? Tried searching but couldnt find it. I actually took my TL to Markham Acura this week did the A12 service minus the air filters. Tried charging me $100 for air filter and cabin filter that I recently checked and were fine.

Although I was concerned about the Torque Convertor Issue as the shifts between 1-2 2-3 are somewhat noticeable they said no issue and did perform an Update. Well see how it feels in the next couple of days.
No I don't have the link but I've visited it before. It seems people are rather unhappy with them.

Which service rep did you talk to? Max was my service rep for the few times that I went. He's a pretty cool and nice guy but I feel like the technicians there aren't as nice and they definitely don't do a good job at explaining what they found/did to your car.

I brought my TL to Acura North (Steeles and Yonge) this morning. They don't seem to have loaner cars for people who bring in their cars but they drove me to work and they're going to pick me up when my car is ready. I'll see how their servicing is when I go and see my car later today.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:38 AM
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
I bought my TL @ Downtown Acura. Sales staff aren't the greatest.
So far the service guys have been good - no issues, but I'm a new owner... so who knows.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:54 PM
Keeping TL until 2029

Received 126 Likes on 109 Posts
Service guys at Downtown Acura are top notch. I have no issues with them and I didn't even buy the car from that location.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts
Honestly, find a good independent shop and do your maintenance through them or learn to DIY.

I purchased 2 of my Acura's from Acura of North Toronto, they are ok but nothing spectacular.