General Manager, Internet manager? who will be best with pricing and service?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 11:40 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
General Manager, Internet manager? who will be best with pricing and service?

Hi All,

General Manager or Internet manager or Salesperson? who will be best with pricing and service. or does it matter?

Everybodys dialog back and forth have brought some good points. Since most of you know the workings of the dealerships, maybe you can help me with this. I am about to end my third TL acura lease ( 39 months ) and start my 4th lease on a 2009 TL Fwd tech. In the beginning (1998) i did a bunch of calling and Internet request for quotes. at that point I established a relationship with the Internet sales manager at Acura of South Florida. He was always was straight forward and always gave me a great price and service. Since then I have leased my last three vehicles with him. We'll now I'm off to my fourth lease and he is no longer with the company.

Since then I have received an email from the General Manager and the new Internet Manager. Looking at them now I realized that they sent out the same email, but just changed the titles and positions in the company.

But anyway, who is the best person to create a relationship with and get the famous "best deal" and personal serive on a new lease.

Is one person or position in the company or better to deal with than another?
Old 01-04-2009, 01:07 AM
2011 BMW 335i

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They're all shady if you ask me. Avoid salesman since they usually can never make any decisions and its always up to the sales manager to decide a trade-in value, out the door price, etc. anyway
Old 01-04-2009, 03:00 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
In the end the GM approves all deals. When the GM is not there the General Sales Manager will be the one to say yes or no. The internet manager reports to the GSM who reports to the GM.

The GM is usually hands off, but I'm sure due to the current economic conditions he or she will be helping to close any deal that makes sense. Deal with the GM.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:11 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are the person to make sure you get the best deal, everything else varies from dealership to dealership. Most importantly, do your homework on pricing, visit several dealerships without sitting down to negotiate price but discuss the price verbally during the test drive, get internet price quotes from several dealerships. That will give you the feel of the dealership and how they work and help to narrow your choices. Visit edmunds.com and KBB.com to research price. Forums like this will give you an idea of what others have paid.

Make no mistake about it, in this economy it's a BUYERS market. Decide on your price, make yourself aware of any factory incentives and refuse to pay more. As a general rule I wouldn't go more than $500 to $1000 over invoice depending on what you are looking for. Don't fall for add on's or sell up's like dealer installed options, extended warranties (unless you have researched price, these prices are negotiable too), paint protection etc. In most cases you can get better deals on the internet, or at least get the dealership to match or come close to internet pricing.

I don't mind paying someone a fair profit, but I certainly will never feel guilty about negotiating the best price possible.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Consider that GMs and SMs all to where they are because they are the best at making money for the store.