Do you love your dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011 | 09:17 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by blkhwkz
That Annapolis Acura dealership is one of the ones closer to me and also where the person I know bought her TL and she refuses to ever go back there for service or anything else. I have heard nothing but bad things from people about that dealership. Not to mention when I was checking prices they were the highest of the 3 I contacted.

Starts w/ a "C"? Ha, yeah, I negotiated w/ them for a few weeks before I actually committed to buying the car. And then, since I live in the Towson area, I gave them a heads up as to when I was on my way down so that I could just sign the papers and drive off... yeah, 3 hours later, I'm still sitting waiting for my car. Disappointing. I got a good price on my car, but after a lot of haggling, and I'm currently dealing w/ some headaches that they didn't address upon delivery.

Frankel is awesome, and I will most definintely be purchasing my 2nd TL from them in 2-3 years
Old 08-25-2011 | 09:44 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by blkhwkz
That Annapolis Acura dealership is one of the ones closer to me and also where the person I know bought her TL and she refuses to ever go back there for service or anything else. I have heard nothing but bad things from people about that dealership. Not to mention when I was checking prices they were the highest of the 3 I contacted.
When I come across dealerships like that, I call and/or write the area representatives.
Old 08-25-2011 | 10:25 AM
Racer

I recently bought my 7th Acura from Proctor Acura in Tallahassee. They have me spoiled, the best dealer ever.
Old 08-25-2011 | 11:08 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
When I come across dealerships like that, I call and/or write the area representatives.

Wait, how do you figure out who the reps are? I'd write a letter - God knows I have enough ammunition against them at the moment re: my car & stupid issues that should have been resolved prior to delivery. I'd definitely write a letter!
Old 08-25-2011 | 11:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Shellyduchsk8s
Wait, how do you figure out who the reps are? I'd write a letter - God knows I have enough ammunition against them at the moment re: my car & stupid issues that should have been resolved prior to delivery. I'd definitely write a letter!
You can call the dealership and ask for the area rep.. that is what I used to do but I am pretty sure you can google it now a days.

Also, google Acura USA corporate headquarters and start there.
Old 08-25-2011 | 01:56 PM
10th Gear

Louisville is only 75 mins away! (less if traffic isn't bad..) I would not hesitate to recommend the dealer here. I never felt as if they were pressuring me and salespeople were very professional and quite nice actually. I was in the dealership for a total of 50 minutes, 20 of which was the salesman covering features of the auto. He made it quick (at my request) and I was one happy camper.
Old 08-26-2011 | 05:17 AM
WINNING

Im in the Reisterstown area about 15 min away from Towson. I went to Open Road Acura in New Jersey where I bought my car. .

I had a tl-s 03 before this and took it to either Frankel or Norris.
Never had probs with either.
Old 08-26-2011 | 07:05 AM
Burning Brakes

Sounds like you found a winner OP in the dealership that is...Good luck with your TL...ps Acura USA customer service is a joke...But give them a try you may have better luck than I did ref a 06 TSX paint issues.

Last edited by NwTSXmt; 08-26-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Old 08-28-2011 | 05:26 PM
Suzuka Master

OP...I am in love with my dealership. Its true, people here seem to really love or hate their dealer and very little in-between. My 2012 TL is my 3rd Acura from them since 2006 and cannot say enough good things about them. The entire staff treat me extremely well, and in fact, its almost like a family reunion when I go there. I wish most other car dealerships would model their business plan after theirs, amazing what great people can do to enhance your experience. For example, when I brought my car for regular service the other, the mechanic came to meet in he waiting room, asked me how I enjoyed my car, if there was anything I wanted to share with him and to re-assure that he knew how much I take pride in my car and that I could rest assured that he would take great care of it....The mechanic!! Imagine that.....These are the little things my dealership (Atlantic Acura) does that makes me give it top survey points time and time again!!
Old 08-28-2011 | 07:59 PM
Grandpa

So reading through a lot of these threads, I've noticed a trend - people absolutely love or absolutely despise their dealership aka "stealer-ship."
I'd buy another car from my dealership. Buying the car was fast and easy, and everyone with whom I interacted was polite and generally helpful.

I do not service the car there, mostly because it's just inconvenient. But I'd drive there to buy another car, sure.
Old 09-02-2011 | 04:13 PM
Fast can always be faster

I just moved to Omaha and just bought my TL a month ago from out of state, so I don't know about the dealership here. But the dealership that serviced my '03 CL-S when I was loving in Colorado was great. Their service department was top notch (sales side didn't impress me all that much, which is probably why I didn't buy my '08 MDX from them) and always took care of me. Prices were very reasonable and some of their techs actually came out to talk to me about my car. Really great folks.
Old 09-06-2011 | 08:29 AM
Cruisin'

I'm happy with Milford Acura in Milford CT. They were easy to negotiate with during the purchasing process and service has been good too. Always have a loaner available. I get regular updates as to what's going on throughout the day.

The only thing they have been touchy about was they would not release the car to me until they had confirmation that my bank transferred funds to their account. Not a big deal but I've used my bank before and in the past just handed other dealerships the piece of paper from my bank with instructions, they called my bank to confirm the loan was approved and they released the car to me immediately. So I had to wait for a few hours while they confirmed the transfer.
Old 09-10-2011 | 10:55 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Terragotti
I hate Chevy Chase Acura, they tried to stick me with a head gasket job for $2000 when all i had was a thermostat leak, Pohanka Acura in Chantilly has impresed me with the service they provide. im sold with them

I bought my car from Pohanka, and aside from the Finance douche, it was a good experience.

I hate all dealerships nonetheless. Always full of sheisters and people who couldn't care less about any issues. My salesman at Pohanka Acura was the first I have ever dealt with that didn't feed me at least one outrageous lie.

Lets just say I always negotiate over the phone or internet and never show up before the car is prepped to go and I just have to sign the paperwork. Also, I take about 15 photos of my car whenever I drop it off at the dealership for warranty work, paying special attention to the body and odometer.
Old 09-10-2011 | 11:00 AM
it's a car-drive it

Originally Posted by Pseudomaniac
Dealerships = Stealerships

Had a very negative experience with Columbia Acura/Hyundai in Cincinnati which are a part of the Joseph Auto group. There was intentional deception by their sales manager on our final purchase (which ended up being a return) which they would never own up to. With that having been our 3rd purchase from them in as many years, there was no interest in dealer or brand loyalty - just trying to make a buck.

More recently we bought the 07 CPO TL-S from Superior Acura. The sales process was less than stellar, and they held us up 3 hours trying to shop a lender that gave them kickbacks to beat our 0.5% credit union offer on the amount; despite my request explicitly to the contrary. In the end, it was a mediocre buying experience, but as they're the only other Acura dealer in town; it's buy from them or drive to Dayton or Louisville.
It is too bad that bad dealerships ruin it for the good ones.
Old 09-10-2011 | 12:47 PM
Burning Brakes

The "Auto Groups" are the worst to deal with...jhmo
Old 02-01-2012 | 02:32 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Cap'n Preshoot
I receive what I feel is "above average" service (John Eagle Acura, I-10 West, Houston) though it seems to lack that "over the top pizazz" we always received from Westside Lexus both in and out of warranty. John Eagle's complimentary snacks & etc. are always gone by 10 AM. At Westside Lexus they always had plenty of fresh munchies throughout the day & somewhat nicer customer waiting area.

I've personally never had an "out of warranty" experience at John Eagle Acura, although my son did and it was quite unpleasant. We'd just had his '05 TL in for its final "in warranty" servicing and had asked them to please check it over extra good to let us know of any impending needs. Of course they found nothing. 4 months later (and 89 days after expiration of the original warranty) the car had to go in for a broken motor mount - that's when they tried to zap him with it suddenly needing $1400 worth of tires and $1500 worth of front-end work and another $600 for both front & rear brakes. He called me and said WTF dad. I called the dealer and also said WTF. Boy was I hot!

Thoroughly pissed, he ended up taking his car over to another dealer (Sterling McCall) who fixed the motor mount for approx. $250 and put front brakes on it ($295) - they said the rears were fine and so was the alignment, then over to Discount Tire and paid $770 for a full set of the exact same Michelins that John Eagle Acura wanted $1400 for. He had Discount Tire also look at the rear brakes and they too said they were fine.

So for slightly over $1300 the car got everything it needed and he saved a whopping $2100 over what John Eagle was trying to bend him over and embellish their receivables with. I do not appreciate being treated like that.

I made it a point to go in and speak with the general manager a few days later to let him know how we felt and why. To his credit he called into the shop and had the original service writer come out to sit down with us and discuss the repair "estimate". We received apologies from both, but the service writer was unable to explain the disparity in their assertion that the car needed major front end work and rear brakes, when clearly it did not. Several days later we received a nice written apology in the mail from the GM along with a $100 credit memo from the Parts Dept. to be used toward any future work.

Personally we've always had a good purchase experience and good in-warranty service from John Eagle, but I probably won't take another car there for any out-of-warranty work. They had their one chance and blew it. Screw me once, shame on you, screw me twice, shame on me.

OK so they went the extra mile to make amends, but only because we were savvy-enough customers to question the high estimate and have the work done elsewhere and in so doing, discovered they were trying to gouge us. I find it hard to believe ours was an isolated incident.
I have dealt with John Eagle my older Acura I purchased from them new and had similar experiences. They wanted $680 to replace the two back shocks. I purchase the parts at full retail from them and took them to another shop and had them installed, for a total of $310 "All-In".

They tried to sell me a $415 Brake Job, telling me how worn my pads were, and when I checked them they were fine and good for another 30k miles. It was a total outright lie.
Old 02-01-2012 | 10:13 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Serial
I have dealt with John Eagle my older Acura I purchased from them new and had similar experiences. They wanted $680 to replace the two back shocks. I purchase the parts at full retail from them and took them to another shop and had them installed, for a total of $310 "All-In".

They tried to sell me a $415 Brake Job, telling me how worn my pads were, and when I checked them they were fine and good for another 30k miles. It was a total outright lie.
yup. service from John Eagle is bad. It took them 4 appointments to fix the leather on my left door. Everytime they called me in to pick up I found out that they created new problem.
but they offered the lowest price in Houston though, that's the reason I bought my car there. I bring mine to service at Sterling McCall
Old 02-01-2012 | 01:13 PM
Advanced

I bought mine from Norris Acura in Ellicott City MD. They gave the best price from the initial inquires (internet or phone.) And then on the eleventh hour they matched an lower offer from another dealership. The buying process was very smooth. When I got there at my scheduled time my car was parking in front of the dealership, clean, shiny, and tires were dressed as well. Although they originally didn't want to give me a discount on wheel locks, they end up giving them to me for free (maybe they just forgot about it.)

The finance dept was very easy to deal with. They offered a third party extended warranty package that I declined and they didn't push hard for that.

I hope the service experience will be as good as the buying experience.
Old 02-01-2012 | 02:10 PM
Cruisin'

Continental Acura in Naperville Illinois has exceeded my expectations. It isn't an auto group so they are very concerned about brand loyalty and having you come back when it's time to buy another car. The waiting area is set up nicely with computers with internet access and fax machines. There is also a kitchen with free bottled water, coffee and tea service and fresh chocolate chip cookies.

They offer the free car washes as well, which I know some folks bawk at, but I love. I bring it in about twice a week and it is washed quickly and I am treated well every time. My salesman Darin was super easy to deal with and he didn't play a lot of game. I used Carwoo and the Edmunds prices paid forum and he knew I was informed so he cut to the chase and we came to a fair price rather quickly.
Old 02-01-2012 | 03:48 PM
Advanced

Love my dealership. The Service Guys are extremely friendly and knowledgeable. And they are not afraid to comp something from time to time that probably shouldn't really be covered. Gotta love that. Yes their rates are higher than the independent guys but that goes with the territory for all new car dealers. Superior Acura in suburban KC.
Old 02-02-2012 | 12:19 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by tuxacura
I bought mine from Norris Acura in Ellicott City MD. They gave the best price from the initial inquires (internet or phone.) And then on the eleventh hour they matched an lower offer from another dealership. The buying process was very smooth. When I got there at my scheduled time my car was parking in front of the dealership, clean, shiny, and tires were dressed as well. Although they originally didn't want to give me a discount on wheel locks, they end up giving them to me for free (maybe they just forgot about it.)

The finance dept was very easy to deal with. They offered a third party extended warranty package that I declined and they didn't push hard for that.

Nice to know there's another good MD dealership out there!
Old 02-06-2013 | 10:44 AM
10th Gear

I am not exactly sure if I like my Dealer or not, their service department is top notch, my service manager is a great guy.

Having said that, I am not sure where I stand with the Sales Department, they try to play games and maybe I am just getting better at buying a car, but the last time through just seemed to easy, so I am suspecting I got ripped off.

Dan
Old 02-06-2013 | 11:29 AM
Walk the walk

Agree: dealership = stealership. Goal is to never go to a dealer for service again and if I buy any car again it will only be based on price. A new car is a commodity.
Think about you are paying for overhead!! Mechanics 90% or more are second rate. I would get sick if I paid dealer rates for anything based on the the level of competence I have seen for the limited warranty work done. Good independent mechanic or ever better several >>>>> than any stealership.

PS Springfield NJ Acura can suck my.... so glad I never bought a car from them.

Acura Client Services is a joke as well
Old 02-06-2013 | 12:46 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

^^not all dealers are evil. you just have to know how to play the game. indy mechanics all started out as dealer techs in some way shape or form. and finding a good one to trust is a dime a dozen like finding a good dealer that is willing to work with you on problems. it seems the dealers in NJ and NY aren't that great...at least this is what i gather from reading posts bashing on them. it's a matter of what is it worth to the individual.
Old 02-06-2013 | 01:21 PM
Drifting

I love my local dealership, Fountain Acura. I can't speak for the sales department but the service department / body shop is top notch.

The dealer I purchased my car from is an absolute joke, Acura of Peoria. They sold me a car with a defective paint job that somehow passed the "rigorous" 1xx point inspection, they had to send me my paperwork three times before they got it right, and they NEVER returned phone calls. It didn't matter how high I escalated it, I couldn't get them to answer or call me back to save my life.

I actually wrote a nice long letter to Acura Corporate ripping Acura of Peoria and praising Fountain Acura. I don't know if anything ever came of it but I also sent letters to both dealerships so they know how I feel.

With all that said though, once my car is out of warranty it will be going to my indy mechanic. I've known him for years and he does a great job and charges reasonable rates. Of course since I bought an Acura I expect to never have to visit him again
Old 02-06-2013 | 01:56 PM
Suzuka Master

my local dealership, suburban acura in farmington hills, mi ... has been a decent dealership, their rates for sum services are expensive, but i just generally get my oil changed and tires rotated rather than an a1 service, etc. for the big services i take it to paul aka nvaav6, when im at home back in northern va.
Old 02-06-2013 | 02:31 PM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

I have no complaints about my dealer. The TL is the third Acura my family has bought from them since 2004 and sales and especially service has been great. It doesn’t hurt that the Acura’s we’ve had have been pretty trouble free.

Off Topic for a min. Does anyone know what happened to Stew4HD? When I read through this thread today I noticed he had posted on it 1 ½ years ago and it reminded me of him.

He always posted good stuff and if I remember correctly he was one of the first people on here to get the 2012.

Sorry OP – didn’t mean to hi-jack
Old 02-06-2013 | 03:28 PM
C8N
Burning Brakes

I think my salesperson treated me with respect and I was content with the deal.
I still haven't had my service yet so I can't comment on that.
Bought my car in NJ at Open Road Acura and my salesperson was Jim.
I would recommend this dealerships as well as the salesperson.
Old 02-06-2013 | 07:31 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tuxacura

Norris Acura's service department seems to be decent enough. However their sales team sucks ass. Unprofessional, non responsive, and inconsiderate. I would not recommend them at all. My best experience was at Passport BMW in Marlo Heights. I bought my 2012 TL there. Great staff, extremely professional, and great prices on all their cars.
Old 02-06-2013 | 07:52 PM
Intermediate

^^ I also cannot stand Norris. Sales people seem to go out of their way to treat you bad. Service people are OK, but I've dealt with better. Unfortunatley, they are very close to where I'm at. I've thought of trying Tischer, but it's a little further away. Not sure if anyone has any experience with them.
Old 02-06-2013 | 10:44 PM
Suzuka Master

most dealers i have been too, acura or not ... will treat u great til you buy the car. then when u take it into service they end up damaging your car anytime they try to fix anything which makes it insanely frustrating. the thing that gets me is they always claim their techs are a cut above indy mechanics cuz they are acura precision team certified or some bs.

doesn't matter to me how nice they treat me if they damage my car everytime i go in
Old 02-06-2013 | 11:15 PM
Team Owner

Jay Wolfe Acura in Kansas City is top notch. Every aspect of their dealership is excellent.
Old 02-07-2013 | 06:04 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Originally Posted by VQPower37
most dealers i have been too, acura or not ... will treat u great til you buy the car. then when u take it into service they end up damaging your car anytime they try to fix anything which makes it insanely frustrating. the thing that gets me is they always claim their techs are a cut above indy mechanics cuz they are acura precision team certified or some bs.

doesn't matter to me how nice they treat me if they damage my car everytime i go in
i'll admit, my dealer (you know which one) did give my TL back to me with extra dealer options (ie, ding and scuff ). they fixed it on their dime, but it was another trip back over there to take care of it . it was about 90% improved. the PDR guy that worked on my car a year later was able to pull the rest of the subtle ding back out along with a few other areas on the car from another incident.

95% of the time, they give the car back to me the way i took it there. clean and unblemished. they know not to turn this into this by doing stupid stuff to my car. i've wiped down the whole car with detail spray in front of them to get the tech's paw prints off the car before i leave. i, at least, know they didn't wash it.
Old 02-07-2013 | 07:15 AM
10th Gear

It's been my experience that when there is a competitive market, such as where I used to live in South FL you will find dealers that really want to earn your business. Since I've moved to Birmingham there is only one dealership. I tried several times to do business with them as a loyal acura owner but its my opinion, that they feel like the have price permission since they are the only dealer within 60 miles. Never could strike a deal with them....since being here for 3 years I have purchased three Acura's but none from them.
I just call it penny wise and dollar foolish. They could have earned all of my business!
Old 02-07-2013 | 10:52 AM
CPR
Burning Brakes

My feelings are neutral; (Acura of Brooklyn)
Sales Manager was great; ditto Finance Manager
Service is spotty, due to constant change of Service Managers
They accept all competitor coupons, so i guess they'll suffice.
Anyway, LOVE my 2012 TL/SH-AWD/Tech
Old 02-08-2013 | 08:29 AM
'20 TLX SH-AWD A-Spec

Same here. My feelings are neutral. Camco Acura in Ottawa is ok, well at least the service department is (no experience with their sales people since I didn't buy my TL new... neither will buy another new car!). They do have a couple of senior techs on their staff with an average of 25 years experience on Honda engines/trannys etc. So technically they do know what they are doing.

But, lets not forget, overall, dealerships are in business for themselves and do look out for people to make money from. The title of "Very Valuable Customer" doesn't mean they respect you, it means they have identified you as a guy to make money from... because you are clueless about cars to begin with. So, yes, they are ok, but lets not push it too much because the world revolves around the all mighty dollar.

Long time ago I learned to do my own maintenance and in the process I learned (and blew up!) engines, transmissions, brakes, suspension etc etc. Unfortunately, as life moves faster and faster I have no time to do stuff myself. So, the dealership will do for now. But no service manager will fool me with smiles or nice suits and ties and blah blah...

(same goes for every single other non-Honda/Acura dealership, mode - make etc).

PS. The only complaint I have about Camco... is that you walk into the new Infinity and/or Lexus dealerships around town and you fell like you have entered a palace. The Acura dealership looks like in a desperate need for some renovations to make it look like a luxurious car dealership like the other ones.

Last edited by Tonyware; 02-08-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 02-08-2013 | 09:41 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tonyware
PS. The only complaint I have about Camco... is that you walk into the new Infinity and/or Lexus dealerships around town and you fell like you have entered a palace. The Acura dealership looks like in a desperate need for some renovations to make it look like a luxurious car dealership like the other ones.
Exact same observation here. Obviously an Acura thing.
Old 02-09-2013 | 12:13 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lemme14
^^ I also cannot stand Norris. Sales people seem to go out of their way to treat you bad. Service people are OK, but I've dealt with better. Unfortunatley, they are very close to where I'm at. I've thought of trying Tischer, but it's a little further away. Not sure if anyone has any experience with them.
I have to follow up with my own post. Just had my MDX in for service today. Good experience. Was going to have some work done that they suggested I wait on since I didn't need it for another 10,000 miles. They didn't force anything on me. Very helpful and polite, not pushy. This could have been the exception, not the norm. But I'll bring it back again next time.
Old 02-09-2013 | 12:51 PM
Instructor

Anyone from Florida have a good experience? My local one (everyone else is 50 miles+ away) Jenkins Acura blows. I wish someone around me did the price matching as I'd make the drive. Only one I've heard people mention before is Acura of Orange Park
Old 02-10-2013 | 08:28 AM
Cruisin'

Below average is how I would rate my dealer. Only thing good about them was the price. Unfortunately that's pretty much how I decide these days. Salesperson asked me to step aside after sale was done to take care of someone else while we were waiting for finance paperwork.
I would say I was treated far better in my Toyota purchases and follow up services. Heck, I have never even heard from the dealer other than one survey. You'd think they could do better with the prices we pay.
Davis Acura in Pa.
t