Deciding between '12 TL and '12 G37

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts
Deciding between '12 TL and '12 G37

I have been on the ropes between buying either of these cars. The cars in question are a '12 TL SH-AWD 6MT in graphite luster and a '12 G37 sport 6MT sedan. I live in MD and we get snow occasionally, but I have my g/f's awd cr-v to drive in case it does. If I get the TL, I can get 0.9% financing through Acura. If I go with the G, I will finance through my credit union for 1.79%. Here is the pricing for both cars:

'12 G37 Sport 6MT
$38,710 (out-the-door, includes fees/tax)

'12 TL SH-AWD
$36,300 (includes $1,000 loyalty rebate, but no fee's or tax is included)

Both car's will come out to be about the same amount of money, which is making my decision even harder. Opinions?
Old 06-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had a 05 G35 6MT and did not like the MT , clutch was very bad and hence sold it whereas i am told Acura 6MT is butter smooth . You may get more power in G but overall driving comfort will be better in Acura

Plus the reliability issues of infiniti, i am not sure how the later models are though but i had nagging issues in my G.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
how are you getting the 2012 sh-awd for $36,300? thats what 7k off the sticker?
Old 06-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gokhanturk
how are you getting the 2012 sh-awd for $36,300? thats what 7k off the sticker?
Well the price offered is actually 37,300, but I am getting the $1,00 rebate as well. I emailed the dealer that I previously test drove the car at and asked the Internet Sales manager for the price.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
whats the msrp on the car?
Old 06-20-2012, 11:03 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gokhanturk
whats the msrp on the car?
$42,985 for the TL and $41,895 for the G37.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
I cross-shopped between the G and TL back in 2007 when I was getting a new car--now three TLs ago. It was a tough decision then, as the 07 TL (got an S-Type) and then G35 were very comparable, even though only the Infiniti had AWD then. Now, with the new TL (I've since had an 09 and my current 12, both with AWD), there's no comparison.

The G is very dated relative to the current TL, in my view, and the electronics are way behind the curve.

The G is a nice, very competent car, but is in need of updating and upgrading.

I'd recommend the TL.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:13 AM
2012 TL SH-AWD

Received 119 Likes on 104 Posts
I had same dilema back in April of this year and I didn't like the inside and some other minor issues of the G so I went for the
SH-AWD TL.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Walk the walk

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
Anyone interested in a new Acura should jump on this. You can find dealers who will deal, I did. Cars.com search and then contact them. But be ready to buy or lease, you want a no game price than be ready to buy. Only two dealers in MD with a Graphite 6MT. Norris did not give me a price like this but I did end up with a similar deal so I guess it is Rosenthal.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
I cross-shopped between the G and TL back in 2007 when I was getting a new car--now three TLs ago. It was a tough decision then, as the 07 TL (got an S-Type) and then G35 were very comparable, even though only the Infiniti had AWD then. Now, with the new TL (I've since had an 09 and my current 12, both with AWD), there's no comparison.

The G is very dated relative to the current TL, in my view, and the electronics are way behind the curve.

The G is a nice, very competent car, but is in need of updating and upgrading.

I'd recommend the TL.
Actually other than the g is a more competent car than the TL I can't agree with anything you posted.

The TL is dated and in need of an updating. For an expensive car it has it's share of issues, more than the g for what I gather on the forums.

A turbo g with 530 hp is rumored to be on the horizon, if that's what you mean by updating.

The op should drive both. to me it's no contest, the g.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:19 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by g37guy01
Actually other than the g is a more competent car than the TL I can't agree with anything you posted.
Talk about misquoting! He never said G is *more* competent . AND, this coming from someone has never driven the 2012 TL.

Anyway, both are very close competitors. The TL is bigger and more luxurious inside, while G is more sporty but feels cramped. Electronics TL wins, though there are a very few items that G is better with. Looks, is much more personal preferences. I find the G design quite outdated and the TL unique (owner bias, perhaps!) - probably because there are more G than TL on the road.

Here is an older thread I started when I was comparing - https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-2009-2014-123/tl-vs-g37-832842/
Old 06-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Walk the walk

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
This is going to be productive.

All I know is when I got a price like that from the front end sales person, she said would you you like to schedule a test drive and I said no! How about you taking a deposit, here is my credit card. Seriously, used TL's sell for more!!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Way toooooo many G VS TL threads. OP please search, there are other posts similar to this.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I would test drive both, then decide, but that lower rate on the Acura would help me sway. In addition, I would personally choose the TL as my experience with my G35 and Infiniti as a company, along with other ex-owners left a "not so good" taste in my mouth, plus the TL interior is a bit more pleasant IMHO.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:21 PM
Banned

Received 198 Likes on 147 Posts
To the OP

Keep in mind that asking this question on a TL forum you are going to get a lot of biased replies....however I will try to be as much objective as I can (I drive a 6MT TL SH-AWD)

I did cross shopped the two when I got my car.

TL pluses

- Bigger rear seats
- Much more sophisticated AWD system.....road handling and stability is just amazing.
- Smoother engine (the Nissan VQ 3.7 is a bit thrashy at high rev)
- Much smoother manual transmission...the best stick on its class hands down, the G is definitely behind on this aspect.
- More upscale interiors, IMHO, both in fit and finish (very slightly) and in design (substantially).
- Best audio system in class.

G Pluses

- Better power to weight ratio (the 0-60 numbers are basically the same but the G may pull more strongly at higher speed)
- More fun to drive if you get the RWD.....it does not mean faster (The TL is damn quick on a track) but you may enjoy let the rear go in spirited driving...the car is more naturally balanced.
- Smaller, for someone is a plus as it impacts agility.
- More mainstream less polarizing design....it may help reale value
- Probably more aftermarket support for performance kits, etc...

To me is no context....the G is a really great car but the TL overall is definitely ahead...it was planned as a tweener car competing with the entry/mid offering of one segment above the 3 Series and G.

Your choice.....

P.S.

The G is at the end of the run on this current generation....I may wait a little bit to see the new iteration.

Last edited by saturno_v; 06-20-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by sarge_in
Talk about misquoting! He never said G is *more* competent . AND, this coming from someone has never driven the 2012 TL.

Anyway, both are very close competitors. The TL is bigger and more luxurious inside, while G is more sporty but feels cramped. Electronics TL wins, though there are a very few items that G is better with. Looks, is much more personal preferences. I find the G design quite outdated and the TL unique (owner bias, perhaps!) - probably because there are more G than TL on the road.

Here is an older thread I started when I was comparing - https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=832842
I agree that the current generation G looks a bit dated. I think I would have leaned with the G for the 09-11 TL just based on looks. However, the 12 TL revised the beak and it's more tolerable. Head to head the 12 TL looks better than the 12 G. The G probably is more sporty but that's about it. It's too bad that the Japanese car companies have widely fluctuating designs. Whereas the Germans have nice evolutions in their designs.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hatepotholez
Way toooooo many G VS TL threads. OP please search, there are other posts similar to this.
This is a matter of do you like vanilla or chocolate better. I've said elsewhere I consider the G and TL equals, right under the 3 series.

However, the G has a smaller turning radius. CR says the G is it's favorite ELLPS. The G interior with the accents beats the TLs interior by a long shot. (of course IMO). The G is faster, but would only make a difference on a track.

For 2012, the TL finally got the electric telescoping steering wheel. The sound system is better in the TL although you need speciality discs no longer manufactured in quantity to take advantage of it.

Other than that everything is preference. The shifter from what I understand is better in the TL, but I now drive an auto.

I think Acura beats Lexus in overcharging for service visits. In almost one year of ownership I have shelled out exactly $41 in maintenance costs for the G. (Not including tips to the service advisor)

But the OP should drive both and then say what are the likes and dislikes. To me the decision was made after I rented the car and put 1,500 miles on it.

Last edited by g37guy01; 06-20-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
I have a question guys....I am getting a bit hungry and was hoping you guys could help me...Should I eat Sour Cream potato chips or BBQ potato chips?

*sigh* I can't believe people are still debating this issue.....
Old 06-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by weather
I have a question guys....I am getting a bit hungry and was hoping you guys could help me...Should I eat Sour Cream potato chips or BBQ potato chips?

*sigh* I can't believe people are still debating this issue.....
BBQ potato chips are definitely better. Wanna know why? Smaller, so more can fit in your mouth. Better looking. Better testing.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
BBQ potato chips are definitely better. Wanna know why? Smaller, so more can fit in your mouth. Better looking. Better testing.
LMAO.....I knew I would get the answer I was looking for! OK, I'll go grab my BBQ potato chips and come back with a beer and see how fun this thread is going to get....
The following users liked this post:
g37guy01 (06-20-2012)
Old 06-20-2012, 08:15 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,144 Likes on 817 Posts
Tough decision, indeed.

Both are very good cars. Each has it's share of pluses and minuses, depending on your priorities and preferences.

If all else fails, follow your gut feeling.

You're the one dishing out $42K for YOUR favorite car.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Burning Brakes

^^^Exactly. What I would want to find out from members are the little things that show up way after the test drive was over and you are way familiar with the car.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Drifting

Received 565 Likes on 364 Posts
Both very good cars. As others have said, it's largely a matter of your preference, as there are differeces between them.

For me, the availability of the 6MT with SH-AWD was the clincher. I liked the exterior looks of the TL a bit better, and I like the interior of the TL a lot more than the G. TL's sound system is much better.

Both are reliable, and it looks like you've gotten good prices for each. Drive them, have fun and decide, then tell us what you bought.

Good luck.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 100 Posts
TL is bigger and more comfortable, I'd give it a slight tech edge. The G is smaller, faster and better performing. If you prefer performance to comfort it is no question. The FWD TL is also more comfortable than the SH. Better mileage, cheaper. If you lean towards comfort I'd suggest you test drive a base w/tech package and see what you think. FWD is better in the occasional snow than RWD G.

If you want a great compromise of performance and size/comfort. The SH-AWD may be the answer

If performance were top criteria I'd go w the G honestly.

I hope that confusingly made sense

Last edited by Steven Bell; 06-21-2012 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
You're on an Acura forum so most everyone including me will say go with the TL. However, another factor that may help you decide is projected resale values down the road.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:12 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 119 Posts
Get both! Variety is the spice of life
Old 06-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts

The TL is dated and in need of an updating. For an expensive car it has it's share of issues, more than the g for what I gather on the forums.

A turbo g with 530 hp is rumored to be on the horizon, if that's what you mean by updating.

The op should drive both. to me it's no contest, the g.

I am a past G owner of two of them. And will tell you that you are biased. The G is dated badly now. Old technology in that car doesn't compare to some cars at a lower cost (Kia Optima, Hyundai Sonata or Genesis for that matter).

The TL's that we have now blow away the G's I had. Especially my 2012. Way more refined, way more gadgets and those gadgets do more.

There is no Turbo G on the horizon. I know people at Nissan directly as I have run multiple ZCCA conventions. Also the SH-AWD TL handles better than the G when you push the limits.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pimpin-tl
I am a past G owner of two of them. And will tell you that you are biased. The G is dated badly now. Old technology in that car doesn't compare to some cars at a lower cost (Kia Optima, Hyundai Sonata or Genesis for that matter).

The TL's that we have now blow away the G's I had. Especially my 2012. Way more refined, way more gadgets and those gadgets do more.

There is no Turbo G on the horizon. I know people at Nissan directly as I have run multiple ZCCA conventions. Also the SH-AWD TL handles better than the G when you push the limits.
I guess we'll have to see about the turbo G. I'm not so sure there won't be.

As far as handling at the limits, meh. You want to run the car at the limits on the street, you're a fool (not your personally, I hope you actually don't street race). If you run these two side-by-side on the track, I think the G will win the race.

I may be biased, but then so is consumer reports. CR rated the G it's favorite ELLPS. The sales of the G are more than significantly higher then the TL.

Honestly most of your post is opinion. It's true, the G lifecycle is at the end. But the TLs do not in any way shape or form, blow away the 2012 G. If there is something on the 'net, that contains some credible information from a body of expert knowledge with that opinion, the enthusiast world would like to know about it.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 06-21-2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Safety Car

I guess we'll have to see about the turbo G. I'm not so sure there won't be.

As far as handling at the limits, meh. You want to run the car at the limits on the street, you're a fool (not your personally, I hope you actually don't street race). If you run these two side-by-side on the track, I think the G will win the race.

Sorry bud, I use to race my G's AT THE TRACK. Texas Motor Speedway, Motorsport Ranch, Harris Hill Road. And I was an instructor which I have retired from doing now due to my job.

Now this is an old test back in 09 before the newer transmission that the 2012 TL has. But either way, it has the track test results and as you can see, it beats the G with way more weight (250lb) and less power which is why it's only a little bit slower 0-60 and the 1/4.

http://www.insideline.com/infiniti/g...7-journey.html

"Beyond simply improving traction, the TL's all-wheel-drive system effectively utilizes the rear wheels to manipulate the car's cornering attitude. This reduces understeer and improves outright grip to the tune of 0.93g on our skid pad. The TL SH-AWD still likes to be driven tidily, but you can fling the TL around with zeal and come away grinning."

G37:

"Its ultimate grip of 0.91g on the skid pad trails the TL slightly, however."

I may be biased, but then so is consumer reports. CR rated the G it's favorite ELLPS. The sales of the G are more than significantly higher then the TL.

Honestly most of your post is opinion. It's true, the G lifecycle is at the end. But the TLs do not in any way shape or form, blow away the 2012 G. If there is something on the 'net, that contains some credible information from a body of expert knowledge with that opinion, the enthusiast world would like to know about it.
Let's back up here. People do not buy cars 90% of the time for it's power, weight, driveability in performance. They buy it for it's looks, use of features, and price.

1) The TL had a bad design in 09-11 when it came out which is the main reason it didn't sell many. Look at the 04-08 TL's, they blew the doors off any other brand in it's class in sales.

2) Research is your friend...

3) It's pretty obvious from your previous posts that you are only here to cause issues and have never owned an Acura. You are a troll and need to leave.

The G really isn't killing the TL. The TL is increasing since the design and will surely pass the G again.

And back in 07 just as a comparison of the TL.

Month-to-Date
December December DSR**
2007 2006 % Chg.

Acura Division Total 17,582 19,056 -7.7%
RSX 1 308 -99.7%
TL * 5,988 5,845 2.4%
TSX 2,838 3,526 -19.5%
RL 586 702 -16.5%
NSX 0 1
MDX * 5,906 6,227 -5.2%
RDX * 2,263 2,447 -7.5%
Selling Days 26 26
* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic and global sourced
parts.
** Daily Selling Rate
Year-to-Date
December December DSR**
2007 2006 % Chg.

Acura Division Total 180,104 201,223 -10.8%
RSX 296 16,996 -98.3%
TL * 58,545 71,348 -18.2%
TSX 33,037 38,035 -13.4%
RL 6,262 11,501 -45.7%
NSX 2 58 -96.6%
MDX * 58,606 54,121 7.9%
RDX * 23,356 9,164 154.0%
Selling Days 307 306
* Honda and Acura vehicles are made of domestic and global sourced
parts.
** Daily Selling Rate

Last edited by Steven Bell; 06-21-2012 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:01 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,144 Likes on 817 Posts
Man, not this "Which is better : Infiniti-G vs TL" again !?
Old 06-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Man, not this "Which is better : Infiniti-G vs TL" again !?
Sadly this happens when you have people that don't belong here like the G owner.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Let's back up here. People do not buy cars 90% of the time for it's power, weight, driveability in performance. They buy it for it's looks, use of features, and price.

1) The TL had a bad design in 09-11 when it came out which is the main reason it didn't sell many. Look at the 04-08 TL's, they blew the doors off any other brand in it's class in sales.

2) Research is your friend...

3) It's pretty obvious from your previous posts that you are only here to cause issues and have never owned an Acura. You are a troll and need to leave.
If I am a troll, you are a fanboi and need to quit posting. Or you can just ignore me. Either way I don't care.

1. The G sold almost 10K units more than the TL, according to goodcarbadcar.net; May 2012 ytd.

2. I don't take stock in one 4 year old review from insideline.

Last edited by g37guy01; 06-21-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Safety Car

If I am a troll, you are a fanboi and need to quit posting. Or you can just ignore me. Either way I don't care.

1. The G sold almost 10K units more than the TL, according to goodcarbadcar.net; May 2012 ytd.

2. I don't take stock in one 4 year old review from insideline.
You need to learn to read. It only sold around 2-3k more than the TL did for the whole year. Sedan vs Sedan. The coupe does not count. We don't even want to compare the numbers of the 3rd gen TL vs the G37 because it knocked it out of the park in sales at that time even being the final year of that model TL. Please before you post again, turn your biased attitude off, back up your posts with facts like I have, then we might just listen to you.

There are plenty of other reviews out there and they are better than yourself that has never driven the Acura.

You are one. Definition of troll:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."
Old 06-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Burning Brakes

You need to learn to read. It only sold around 2-3k more than the TL did for the whole year. Sedan vs Sedan. The coupe does not count. We don't even want to compare the numbers of the 3rd gen TL vs the G37 because it knocked it out of the park in sales at that time even being the final year of that model TL. Please before you post again, turn your biased attitude off, back up your posts with facts like I have, then we might just listen to you.

There are plenty of other reviews out there and they are better than yourself that has never driven the Acura.

You are one. Definition of troll:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."
First, I count the coupe. Just like the TL count includes FWD and AWD.

Second, If you think Acura is happy with the sales numbers of it's TL line, you should read the comments by Acura management.

Third, if you think I'm a troll, there is a report button for that purpose. I'm posting an opinion, of which, you seem not to like and can't refute, so you take exception to it.

Fourth, I said this in other places, I consider the TL and the G equals. They have different aspects to them, you pick what's most important to you. I'm the person that Acura wants to woo, they lost me years ago with their ugly cars, and the public has spoken, it shows in the sales of the TL and RL.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Safety Car

Laugh. Dude, the COUPE is a completely different car. It may be a G, but it is 2 doors, smaller, more like a Z than a Sedan. You can not count that car. That is like me counting the CL and the TL as one car when we know we can't. No one cross shops a Coupe vs a Sedan when comparing between two different cars. It's either Sedan vs Sedan or Coupe vs Coupe depending what they are interested in. The TL goes against the ES 300, G35/G37 4 doors. You are grabbing at everything but nothing you have supported yet are facts like I have posted other than your opinion.

When did I say that Acura was happy? I said that Acura had bad sales of the 09-11 due to the poor design. They redesigned it this year and it has increased dramatically from just a redesign/update. Sure Acura learned, and they are working on recovering now. Funny thing is, everyone I talk too thinks Acura's look nicer than Infiniti's which I have to agree now. FACTS are FACTS. No opinions here. So take your opinions to the G35Driver.

And you really think the Infiniti's are more reliable? LOL. Seems you are having Antifreeze smells like everyone else when they drive their cars. What about those overheating problems? Should I continue? Maybe one more thing. It's kinda funny how Infiniti came out for one year the G25 and dropped it due to poor sales. LOL!

http://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-coup...ml#post3473526

First, I count the coupe. Just like the TL count includes FWD and AWD.

Second, If you think Acura is happy with the sales numbers of it's TL line, you should read the comments by Acura management.

Third, if you think I'm a troll, there is a report button for that purpose. I'm posting an opinion, of which, you seem not to like and can't refute, so you take exception to it.

Fourth, I said this in other places, I consider the TL and the G equals. They have different aspects to them, you pick what's most important to you. I'm the person that Acura wants to woo, they lost me years ago with their ugly cars, and the public has spoken, it shows in the sales of the TL and RL.

Last edited by pimpin-tl; 06-21-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Laugh. Dude, the COUPE is a completely different car. It may be a G, but it is 2 doors, smaller, more like a Z than a Sedan. You can not count that car. That is like me counting the CL and the TL as one car when we know we can't. No one cross shops a Coupe vs a Sedan when comparing between two different cars. It's either Sedan vs Sedan or Coupe vs Coupe depending what they are interested in. The TL goes against the ES 300, G35/G37 4 doors. You are grabbing at everything but nothing you have supported yet are facts like I have posted other than your opinion.

When did I say that Acura was happy? I said that Acura had bad sales of the 09-11 due to the poor design. They redesigned it this year and it has increased dramatically from just a redesign/update. Sure Acura learned, and they are working on recovering now. Funny thing is, everyone I talk too thinks Acura's look nicer than Infiniti's which I have to agree now. FACTS are FACTS. No opinions here. So take your opinions to the G35Driver.

And you really think the Infiniti's are more reliable? LOL. Seems you are having Antifreeze smells like everyone else when they drive their cars. What about those overheating problems? Should I continue? Maybe one more thing. It's kinda funny how Infiniti came out for one year the G25 and dropped it due to poor sales. LOL!

http://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-coup...ml#post3473526
Ok Dude. We can agree to disagree on not on what models should be counted; goodcarbadcar.net provides nice neat summaries. I use those, you can use your own figures.

As far as reliability, Acura and Infiniti are tied in the latest reliability ratings, you can look it up. Whatever your perception of Infiniti reliability, it does not show up in the numbers. And I may add browsing the 4G problems and fixes forum is quite educational.

And finally, whatever the opinion of the people you talk to, it doesn't show up in the sales of the TL. And I'll repeat, the favority ELLPS of CR is the G.

Now does this have any bearing on what the op choses? The op will chose the car that's best for him, whatever it is. I will congratulate the same whether it's a TL or G. Peace out.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:55 PM
2012 TL SH-AWD

Received 119 Likes on 104 Posts
Why can we get alone guys and be civil, both cars are great and at the end the day it's all matter what OP really wants. OP will have to put the cons and pros on both vehicles and decides which one fit him. At the end of the day you want a reliable vehicle right!
Old 06-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 100 Posts
Ok Dude. We can agree to disagree on not on what models should be counted; goodcarbadcar.net provides nice neat summaries. I use those, you can use your own figures.

As far as reliability, Acura and Infiniti are tied in the latest reliability ratings, you can look it up. Whatever your perception of Infiniti reliability, it does not show up in the numbers. And I may add browsing the 4G problems and fixes forum is quite educational.

And finally, whatever the opinion of the people you talk to, it doesn't show up in the sales of the TL. And I'll repeat, the favority ELLPS of CR is the G.

Now does this have any bearing on what the op choses? The op will chose the car that's best for him, whatever it is. I will congratulate the same whether it's a TL or G. Peace out.
I agree with everything you said except that you should count coupe and sedan sales in comparison to sedan sales, it's faulty logic.

Originally Posted by Zelaya
Why can we get alone guys and be civil, both cars are great and at the end the day it's all matter what OP really wants. OP will have to put the cons and pros on both vehicles and decides which one fit him. At the end of the day you want a reliable vehicle right!
Honestly, we should be appreciating the competition that produces such great cars that have the reliability that their more expensive rivals don't have. Go drive a genesis, it's a freaking very nice car. We are really in a golden age of engine and luxury advancement.

If ford put that coyote engine to use as its flagship across model lines and figure out how to produce an interior they'd be killing it.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 06-21-2012 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Safety Car

As usual, wrong information. They are not even close to being tied. Infiniti is one of the worst brands for reliability. Fact.

America’s Top Car Brands 2012

Brand Score
Toyota 131
Ford 121
Honda 94
Chevrolet 92
Mercedes-Benz 84
BMW 69
Volvo 67
Cadillac 63
Lexus 54
Tesla 51

America’s Worst Car Brands 2012

Brand Score
Infiniti 16
Mazda 16
Jeep 12
Suzuki 11
Mercury 10
Land Rover 8
Fiat 7
Mini 7
Mitsubishi 7
Saab 5

The following users liked this post:
sarge_in (06-22-2012)
Old 06-21-2012, 08:37 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Zelaya
We are. Sadly when someone continues to post false information to protect his pride and joy G37 what can you do other than correct him so others don't believe him.

Quick Reply: Deciding between '12 TL and '12 G37