AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   4G TL (2009-2014) (https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-2009-2014-123/)
-   -   Cooled Seats - Advance Package (https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-2009-2014-123/cooled-seats-advance-package-945616/)

brow 05-19-2016 01:21 PM

Cooled Seats - Advance Package

Do the cooled front seats work well?
I wear a suit in Texas - this feature would sure be nice.

Thanks!

types1fan 05-19-2016 02:17 PM

Yes they do work well

carbonTSEX 05-19-2016 10:44 PM

I can't speak for the TL since I have a tech but the wife's 16 RDX advance has them and I love them. You can definitely feel it. Only downside is the blowers make noise but can't avoid that. Plus if you're listening to music or have exhaust, you won't hear it.

csmeance 05-19-2016 11:41 PM

they work really well! I find the back of the seat to get cooler faster than the bottom but it still works well with the FL heat.

mrphilipanderson 05-27-2016 12:12 PM

Be aware, the seats do not blow air against your body but rather pulls air from your body.
This fixes your clothes sticking to you and keeps your surface temperature where leather makes contact with your skin or clothes. The noise? Big deal Fans make noise. Air conditioners make noise. Hell engines make noise. Do I like it? Yes. Is it spectacular? No.
I hardly EVER use it, but those rare occasion when i do, its a life saver.

montanadiver4 06-08-2016 11:12 AM

Use mine every time I drive more that half an hour. I went with the advance for this reason. I drive for work and drive 30K per year. I love the feature. Noisy only when I am in town with the audio off.

Anicra 06-08-2016 01:23 PM

In my 2013 Acura TL SH-AWD advanced, the ventilated in car is one of the best I have found. I just spent the last month look through high end cars with that feature and I am not joking when I say my Acura TL had the best vs every car we drove.

I am always warm, the winter I use ventilated seats all the time. Heck I can be in a non breathing raincoat and still it get very cool in driver seat. At least in my car, the driver seat seem to be 5times better than passenger which is cool to me. Since my wife always has the heated seat on, we have happy medium.

Seriously I just drove Lexus, MB, Audi, Cadillac, VW, and the Acura MDX, each crossover failed to match my Acura TL. I seriously love my ventilated seats.

Cygnus_X1 06-08-2016 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Anicra (Post 15772983)
In my 2013 Acura TL SH-AWD advanced, the ventilated in car is one of the best I have found. I just spent the last month look through high end cars with that feature and I am not joking when I say my Acura TL had the best vs every car we drove.

I am always warm, the winter I use ventilated seats all the time. Heck I can be in a non breathing raincoat and still it get very cool in driver seat. At least in my car, the driver seat seem to be 5times better than passenger which is cool to me. Since my wife always has the heated seat on, we have happy medium.

Seriously I just drove Lexus, MB, Audi, Cadillac, VW, and the Acura MDX, each crossover failed to match my Acura TL. I seriously love my ventilated seats.

Same here, that's the main reason I got the Advanced version and I don't regret it at all. I keep my seat cooler on all year, usually on the low setting since anything above that sounds annoying. That and the blind spot monitor are so nice to have.