Consumer Reports: TL, TSX, RL - Automotive Turkeys

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Consumer Reports: TL, TSX, RL - Automotive Turkeys

From the Auto blog on CR's site, with the editors giving "turkey" awards to very bad design choices.

"Acura’s styling department is a whole, gobbling turkey within itself. Have you seen the beaks on the TL, TSX and RL? I can’t tell them apart. They all look like grinning teenagers with mouths full of braces."

The most interesting aspect of this comment is that CR has always had a bit of bias toward Honda products. They're usually not this critical.

P.S. Don't shoot the messenger. This is CR's opinion, not mine. I actually like the styling on some of the new Acuras.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by darth62
P.S. Don't shoot the messenger.
"You are only a master of evil Darth" Did we need another thread on this topic?
Old 12-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin
"You are only a master of evil Darth" Did we need another thread on this topic?
No, we don't need another thread on the beak. I agree.

The only reason I posted this was because it shows how fickle the automotive press is with regard to specific brands. CR has always loved the TL line, and now they seem to be piling on with all the other critics.

I guess I was sort of surprised by this comment, because CR has typically avoided taking shots at styling and, in fact, has generally ignored the issue altogether nd focused more on practicality.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by darth62
No, we don't need another thread on the beak. I agree.

The only reason I posted this was because it shows how fickle the automotive press is with regard to specific brands. CR has always loved the TL line, and now they seem to be piling on with all the other critics.

I guess I was sort of surprised by this comment, because CR has typically avoided taking shots at styling and, in fact, has generally ignored the issue altogether nd focused more on practicality.
I don't think they are fickle, they are stating what many have already stated. Actually I cemmend them. If they blindly follow a brand becasue it is just that brand then that shows a lack of intelligence or unbiased opinion. Many of us loved our Acura's and are dissapointed in the styling direction, to blindly love it becaue it is a Honda and for no other reason would be suspect. The press is just pointing out the obvious, the dsign is very polarizing and a big departure from traditional Acura/Honda styling.