CBP Care

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Drifting

Received 568 Likes on 367 Posts
CBP Care

Picking up my CBP SH-AWD 6M tomorrow. My wife has a NBP Accord, and the paint on it seems to scratch/swirl really easily. (It's the family hauler, so doesn't really get the greatest care).

Do any of you CBPers have any tips for keeping the finish great looking? I've used Meguiars 3-step process on my current car, and it's worked very well, but it's a light color.

Thanks.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Forget it....it's a never-ending battle with black-colored cars. You can spend $$$ and beat yourself to the ground shining it up and removing every little scratch and swirl mark but in the end, you'll go insane in the process. For the few months I owned my CBP, I was anal with paint care. But now, I've got a ton of little nicks and scratches on my paint and it just doesn't bother me that much any more.

That being said, however, my favorite wax/polish is the Zaino system. I also occasionally use Griot's machine polish (w/orbital polisher) to remove scratches and defects......when I have the stamina that is.

My next car is definately going to be silver. CBP is nice and beautiful when clean but maintanance is a bitch and I'm just getting too old.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:55 AM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by PetesTL
Forget it....it's a never-ending battle with black-colored cars. You can spend $$$ and beat yourself to the ground shining it up and removing every little scratch and swirl mark but in the end, you'll go insane in the process. For the few months I owned my CBP, I was anal with paint care. But now, I've got a ton of little nicks and scratches on my paint and it just doesn't bother me that much any more.

That being said, however, my favorite wax/polish is the Zaino system. I also occasionally use Griot's machine polish (w/orbital polisher) to remove scratches and defects......when I have the stamina that is.

My next car is definately going to be silver. CBP is nice and beautiful when clean but maintanance is a bitch and I'm just getting too old.
You're not getting too old, some battles cannot be won, no matter how good your plan is!

I'm a CBP owner as well and keeping it clean is a bitch. My car isn't garaged as well so winter is horrible and the rest of the year isn't much better. Next car will probably be dark grey or something like that.

to the OP: you have a link on the TL community board regarding «washing your TL», you'll find plenty of tricks but keeping a black car clean is a daunting task.

Best of luck!
Old 02-20-2010, 11:06 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What these guys have said, all Ive been thinking about all winter is I need a shop to bring the car back to as close to how I got it before this winter so I can actually enjoy waxing it again. Its a battle but the satisfaction you get when you have it where you want it is pretty gratifying. I used the zaino system from start to finish but that was when i first purchased the car.