Buying a Acura TL and receving a loaner

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 03:30 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying a Acura TL and receving a loaner

I was wondering if anyone recently purchased a TL from a used car dealership then applied for the recall list and received a loaner still. If no one had this experience is this possible?
Old 07-05-2016, 05:38 AM
5th Gear

i was told we could receive a rental from our dealership even though the car was bought through a regular used car dealer.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:12 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 210 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by WVMan
I was wondering if anyone recently purchased a TL from a used car dealership then applied for the recall list and received a loaner still. If no one had this experience is this possible?
The loaner wouldn't come from a used car dealership, it would come from an Acura dealership. The used car dealer isn't going to be the one performing the airbag recall on your car...

Old 07-06-2016, 09:36 AM
5th Gear

i just received my loaner from the acura dealership. now let's see how long it takes until the parts arrive....
Old 07-06-2016, 11:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,013 Likes on 1,432 Posts
Originally Posted by WVMan
Enterprise and other rental companies are dealing out loaners vs acura dealerships as they are retaining dealer fleets for folks who have small service needs. If you contact your local Acura dealership after purchase, they'll add your car to the waiting list for new airbags and set you up with a free rental from a 3rd party company.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:33 AM
5th Gear

I just picked my rental up from Enterprise. Now let's see how long the wait for the airbag parts is...
Old 07-07-2016, 11:01 AM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
Enterprise and other rental companies are dealing out loaners vs acura dealerships as they are retaining dealer fleets for folks who have small service needs. If you contact your local Acura dealership after purchase, they'll add your car to the waiting list for new airbags and set you up with a free rental from a 3rd party company.
Depends on the dealership from what I know -- Pohanka was giving out loaner cars for airbags a couple months ago (then again, Pohanka has over a hundred loaner cars at their disposal, and I'm sure they are getting compensated nicely from corporate to make up for the depreciation)
Old 07-07-2016, 11:13 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,013 Likes on 1,432 Posts
Originally Posted by CTNYC
Depends on the dealership from what I know -- Pohanka was giving out loaner cars for airbags a couple months ago (then again, Pohanka has over a hundred loaner cars at their disposal, and I'm sure they are getting compensated nicely from corporate to make up for the depreciation)
Honda NA is paying max rate of 45 dollars a day according to the paperwork I was given for enterprise so that's a nice tidy profit for the dealer! $45x 30 days = $1,350 monthly for a rental.... times thousands of cars... wow...