Audi Style LED strip on 4G TL

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 09:35 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitly not my cup of tea.

I think the strips look totally out of place and the color doesn't match anything.

Because they look good on the Audi doesn't mean they'll look good on any car...

The way the new TL has so many lights in the front bumper makes adding even more lights a no-no, IMO.

My ...
Old 05-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Be Strong AND Courageous!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
sweet mod man... carry on!
Old 05-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Be Strong AND Courageous!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
LOL... I was rollin Moon Discs on an '84 1/4 GT 'stang that was painted monochrome gray back 20+ yrs ago... peeps thought I was crazy... but then... all they could see were my tail lights moving away from them... Have fun and mix it up some...
Old 05-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
I expected to wait at least 6 months before people started ricing out their 4G TL. Guess I was wrong...
Old 05-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Honda Fanboy

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by mrsteve
I expected to wait at least 6 months before people started ricing out their 4G TL. Guess I was wrong...
You did wait; it's been out for seven months.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Honda Fanboy

Originally Posted by PsychDoc
Man do you have that right. I posted to that thread and no sooner than I posted, pffffttt, it was gone. So I guess the rules over at ClubLexus are that they can fling shit with abandon, but when it's flung back at them, up in smoke it goes. What a buch of pansy ass creeps.
I would love to hear what your diagnosis is of all the syndromes he is suffering from. Seems like he would be a prime candidate for psychological studies.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:47 AM
I feel strongly both ways

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by VTEC Racer
I would love to hear what your diagnosis is of all the syndromes he is suffering from. Seems like he would be a prime candidate for psychological studies.
Acute asshole-ism, borderline pompous disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder with pathological fixation on Acura's.

Oh, and he's a screaming douchebag.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by buckvegas
I raised the led strip to right below the front sidemarker piece. Its about 3 or 4 inches higher than before. If I leave it here I am going to have to use the 3M tape to make it stick, the black ties I am using wont hold it up there long.

Can some1 photochop and line up that LEDs to the front side marker??? I think that will look more clean.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
They would look better with a white/clear LED strip IMO but that could be trying too hard to look like an audi...
Old 05-11-2009, 07:07 AM
Connoisseur of Aesthetics

Sorry Mods to contribute to the short off-topic-ness..but REALLY?

Dear Iceman5248,

You have received an infraction at Club Lexus Forums.

Reason: Personal Attack / like Response to Personal Attack
-------
I understand you might not have read the rules you agreed to but I want you to look at car chat and see I start threads on every car brand and any car. Maybe you are new to the internet but people link pics/threads all the time ON EVER car forum. If you think its just me, then you must have just bought a computer. Seems I started one an A8 found in a car show. I don't see you defending that. Would you like me to link all the threads on Acura forums where other cars are posted and peopel comment from other forums? We both know there are tons.
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-...you-think.html
Now I strongly suggest sticking to topics or maybe actually contributing to this forum outside of defending Acura and attacking people who may not like the brand as much as you do. If you have a problem with me, you can PM me. No rules were broken by myself or any members as they commented on the car (as we do in EVERY thread). You commented on me, which is a personal attack, thus your infraction.

If you are going to get your panties in a bunch every time Acura is mentioned, you will have a tough life and I really ask you not to read the BMW/Benz/Audi forums if you think we are bad. If you are here to just defend Acura and attack people, do us a favor and don't post or you will be banned.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-...ml#post4506638
Quote:
1SICKLEX - Is there a reason why you must bash on everything related to Acura? Beak's ugly, understood. Are you really going to take a picture and run away to another forum so AZners don't bash on you?

Btw - why don't we bash on Lexus for not being the first to have yellow fog lights? We aren't because its a good look for Lexus. You don't like it, your entitled to your own opinion..try to keep it constructive so it doesn't offend people k?

What's wrong with LED lights? So Audi patent it, the guy likes it..so let him be?

Please..get a life, and learn some respect.
All the best,
Club Lexus Forums
Old 05-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Racer

The main problem with those LEDs is that the light is not diffused. It either needs an acrylic covering or you can get 120 grit sandpaper and sand down the LEDs. Also, I
think the color stands out too much. I think it would look better white.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:07 PM
I am a bullet proof tiger

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cornelius
The main problem with those LEDs is that the light is not diffused. It either needs an acrylic covering or you can get 120 grit sandpaper and sand down the LEDs. Also, I
think the color stands out too much. I think it would look better white.

The color is white, i know it looks blue in the pics, I am working on a few things to try to get it right, I also moved it up and placed it on top of the front sidemarker, it looks better there. My gf just got a new digital camera which takes better photos so I may post some more soon.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Honda Fanboy

Originally Posted by Iceman52489
Sorry Mods to contribute to the short off-topic-ness..but REALLY?

Dear Iceman5248,

-------
I understand you might not have read the rules you agreed to but I want you to look at car chat and see I start threads on every car brand and any car. Maybe you are new to the internet but people link pics/threads all the time ON EVER car forum. If you think its just me, then you must have just bought a computer. Seems I started one an A8 found in a car show. I don't see you defending that. Would you like me to link all the threads on Acura forums where other cars are posted and peopel comment from other forums? We both know there are tons.
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-...you-think.html
Now I strongly suggest sticking to topics or maybe actually contributing to this forum outside of defending Acura and attacking people who may not like the brand as much as you do. If you have a problem with me, you can PM me. No rules were broken by myself or any members as they commented on the car (as we do in EVERY thread). You commented on me, which is a personal attack, thus your infraction.

If you are going to get your panties in a bunch every time Acura is mentioned, you will have a tough life and I really ask you not to read the BMW/Benz/Audi forums if you think we are bad. If you are here to just defend Acura and attack people, do us a favor and don't post or you will be banned.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-...ml#post4506638
Quote:
1SICKLEX - Is there a reason why you must bash on everything related to Acura? Beak's ugly, understood. Are you really going to take a picture and run away to another forum so AZners don't bash on you?

Btw - why don't we bash on Lexus for not being the first to have yellow fog lights? We aren't because its a good look for Lexus. You don't like it, your entitled to your own opinion..try to keep it constructive so it doesn't offend people k?

What's wrong with LED lights? So Audi patent it, the guy likes it..so let him be?

Please..get a life, and learn some respect.
All the best,
Club Lexus Forums
He is a big monkey hypocrite. It is okay for him or anyone else to do it about Acura. However, if you do it for Toyota/Lexus, it is considered "Baiting and offensive" and the thread is immediately shut down or deleted. Communism at its best and insecurity as obvious as a fat girl watching a Victoria Secret fashion show.
The following users liked this post:
slowcl-s (03-25-2012)
Old 05-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Honda Fanboy

Oh yeah and I forgot how anything you say that goes against his beliefs is an "ATTACK" on him. lol.

So basically in that message he sent you he is saying do not defend Acura or you will get banned. Was this monkey raised by communists or something?

Is there anyone else on the internet that is so universally made fun of and disrespected by almost all major car forums as much as 1SICKLEX is?

And the Biggest Douche Bad award goes too.....
Old 05-11-2009, 03:19 PM

What really gets me is the subject line:

"Personal Attack / like Response to Personal Attack"

Soo...he admits to me defending against his personal attack? Wtf is he a mod, he obviously abuses the power.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:35 PM
I feel strongly both ways

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Why lookee here...I got one too!!!

I'm a real bad boy. I may have to go and put myself in 'time out.'

You have received an infraction at Club Lexus Forums
Dear PsychDoc,

-------
I am going to tell you what I told your best friend who posted above you. Follow the rules for one and don't make personal attacks. The second is things get linked ALL THE TIME, pics, threads etc. Our forums, Acura forums, BMW forums. Where are you when pics of other brands cars are posted? Where are you? You are nowhere to be found. You seem to be only here to attack anyone who disagrees with you about Acura, specifically the TL.

You then attack all Lexus owners with your asinine comment. Nothing is more sleep inducing than the brand you just bought, fyi. Oh here is the Acura Car Talk section. Guess what, they talk cars, like we do. They post pics of other cars like we do. Are you over there up in arms b/c they take pics from other forums? No.

https://acurazine.com/forums/forumdis...06b407a360&f=5

I strongly suggest changing your tone and attitude here or you will be banned.
-------

Original Post:
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-...ml#post4506670
Quote:
You are OWNED dude.

Your hatred of all things Acura is taking control of you pathetic life.

You must be very bored driving that Lexus appliance.

Lexus' are a real cure for insomnia.

All the best,
Club Lexus Forums
Old 05-11-2009, 03:37 PM

obviously 1sicklex has never heard of not throwing stones if you live in a glass house.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:45 PM

He keeps thinking we're bashing on the Lexus users when we're bashing on him.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
looks good man, but it would look even better if all your projectors and fogs were a similar color.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:58 PM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by ttk5
looks good man, but it would look even better if all your projectors and fogs were a similar color.
agreed, would look better if all similar in color. Not my thing but looks good.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:55 AM
Honda Fanboy

Originally Posted by PsychDoc
Why lookee here...I got one too!!!

I'm a real bad boy. I may have to go and put myself in 'time out.'

You have received an infraction at Club Lexus Forums
Dear PsychDoc,

-------
I am going to tell you what I told your best friend who posted above you. Follow the rules for one and don't make personal attacks. The second is things get linked ALL THE TIME, pics, threads etc. Our forums, Acura forums, BMW forums. Where are you when pics of other brands cars are posted? Where are you? You are nowhere to be found. You seem to be only here to attack anyone who disagrees with you about Acura, specifically the TL.

You then attack all Lexus owners with your asinine comment. Nothing is more sleep inducing than the brand you just bought, fyi. Oh here is the Acura Car Talk section. Guess what, they talk cars, like we do. They post pics of other cars like we do. Are you over there up in arms b/c they take pics from other forums? No.

https://acurazine.com/forums/forumdis...06b407a360&f=5

I strongly suggest changing your tone and attitude here or you will be banned.
-------

Original Post:
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-...ml#post4506670
Quote:
You are OWNED dude.

Your hatred of all things Acura is taking control of you pathetic life.

You must be very bored driving that Lexus appliance.

Lexus' are a real cure for insomnia.

All the best,
Club Lexus Forums
Well, when the only place you have the impression of being powerful is the internet, you gotta do what you can to make as much use of that as you can. In this case, 1SICKLEX is wringing out every single ounce of his power-trip that he can. You know he doesn't have anything going on for him in real life. No GF, lives in a mediocre dwelling, works all the time.... His life revolves around ClubLexus, literally. You CANNOT have a life and post and be online as much as he is. He is a looser.

Don't you love how he also just literally made up stuff to accuse you of in that message he sent you? Such a hypocrite. Man there are so many words to describe this monkey I don't even know where to begin.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:49 PM

I found this randomly...but I like it a lot more, what do you think he used Buck?

Old 05-14-2009, 10:12 PM
Instructor

I think it looks good. As for the freak on Lexus forum..... He has some serious isssues going with himself. Wow
Old 05-14-2009, 10:15 PM

I found this randomly...but I like it a lot more, what do you think he used Buck?

Looks like the same led strip, except he didnt cover up every other led like I did. The issue I had with every LED lighting up is the bunch together, like the pic above. I recently moved mine up on top of the sidemarker, i need to post more pics.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:25 PM

Looks like the same led strip, except he didnt cover up every other led like I did. The issue I had with every LED lighting up is the bunch together, like the pic above. I recently moved mine up on top of the sidemarker, i need to post more pics.
Yes you do that NOW!
Old 05-14-2009, 10:28 PM

Yes you do that NOW!
Wish I could, I am back in Indianapolis visiting my family, back in San Diego on sunday, will try to post with a new camera we just got, hopefully it will do more justice and show the LED's actual colors vs. the blue that showed up before.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yikes, way too "close encounters" for me......like any minute, you expect an alien to pop out the door.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:35 AM
Instructor

I would love to see them LEDs lined up with front turn signals. that would be perfect. =D
Old 05-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Instructor

I hooked the wiring up through the firewall, there is an empty grommet to the upper right of the main wiring harness in the middle of the firewall. .

Where is this grommet?
Old 05-15-2009, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by GearDriven
Where is this grommet?
if you look for the main wiring harness area, which is in the dead center of the fire wall, about 3 inches to the right (towards drivers side) and 3 inches up is the empty grommet. There is a circular plug that I removed with a flat head, its kind of tough to get to, I had to really work to get to it. After you remove it, i used the same flat head to poke a whole through the insulation thats inside. I then attached my wiring to a hanger and ran it through the firewall. I will post a pic of the grommet when I get home in a few days.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:41 PM
Instructor

if you look for the main wiring harness area, which is in the dead center of the fire wall, about 3 inches to the right (towards drivers side) and 3 inches up is the empty grommet. There is a circular plug that I removed with a flat head, its kind of tough to get to, I had to really work to get to it. After you remove it, i used the same flat head to poke a whole through the insulation thats inside. I then attached my wiring to a hanger and ran it through the firewall. I will post a pic of the grommet when I get home in a few days.

Found it -- somehow I missed it when I was looking at the wiring earlier. Where does this come out on the interior side?

Now I just need to figure out how to get wiring to the rear of the car
Old 05-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by PetesTL
Yikes, way too "close encounters" for me......like any minute, you expect an alien to pop out the door.
Hey that's my movie reference Pete?

Moron passenger - "you're parked in the middle of the road, jackass!"

Richard Dreyfus - "can you tell me where Cornbread is...? TURKEY!!!"
Old 04-25-2010, 12:12 PM
TEAM_SONIC

So I ordered a pair of LED strips and decided to install today. I think Audi has hit a homerun with their intergration of LED's and I wanted to create something similiar with my 4G. I was very skeptical in how this might turn out, but I am satisfied with the end result.

Here is the look I was going for.

These are the lights I used from oznium.com (thin LED Strips). The lights are a little too close together, so I did what another user on az did (bforbrian) and used electric tape to cover every other LED.

Here is the end result, I am debating on ordering another LED strip and extending each strip about 4 inches towards each fog light. This would take them from 12in to 16in.

The strips came with 3M tape, but I used small black ties to keep them in place until I decide on the exact location I want them.

I hooked the wiring up through the firewall, there is an empty grommet to the upper right of the main wiring harness in the middle of the firewall. I bought a Honda Accord Fog Light switch and wiring harness with the intentions of using this for angel eyes, since that project didnt work out I decided to use it for my LED strip. Here is a pic of the switch, I am going to remove the grey paint and paint it matte black to match the VSA switch.

Let me know what you think.
Are these the same strips that you bought? Thanks.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:38 PM
TEAM_SONIC

Sorry here is the link that I am talking about:

http://www.oznium.com/side-emitting-led-strip
Old 04-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,041 Likes on 846 Posts
dude I am sorry to thread jack... but a club lexus mod is a member here and has been reading the posts on Az and giving you infractions on CL?

Based on that the doc is accurate.

Acute asshole-ism, borderline pompous disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder with pathological fixation on Acura's.

Oh, and he's a screaming douchebag.