Any dings or dents?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 12:08 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any dings or dents?

Just curious to find out from the 4G owners here if you have any dings or dents so far? After ~9 months of ownership, I got my first door ding.... It's on the right rear door below the door handle about 1/4" in size (small but noticeable depending on the angle)
Old 09-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
None so far. I try park as far away from other cars as possible.

Try one of those paintless ding repair shops....usually costs $50-$100 and it comes out almost as good as new.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:19 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 on the paintless dent removal. I don't sweat small dents anymore.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:44 PM
Instructor

I always park smart, but somehow I got a couple little scratchies on the back bumper corner... looks like a shopping cart...
Old 09-20-2009, 09:57 AM
Advanced

The other day some redneck lowrider POS shot some part out of the bottom of their car as they litterally scraped (sparks and all) down the freeway. This was promptly clipped by the minivan behind them and it was thrown 2 lanes into the right front door of my car. Sounded like somebody shot the car. I saw it coming, but had nowhere to go to escape it (assuming i could have reacted in time).

Needness to say, The rest of the trip I had a grimmace on my face and I was dreadding getting out and looking at it.

Turned out to cause less damage than feared (but then I imagined a bunch to soften the blow). About an inch long scrape down to bare metal and only a slight dent.

The dent is too small to repair. The gouge needs to be repaired....

bummer
Old 09-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Cruisin'

just remember, teh savage amongst us outnumbers us by 4:1 - so no matter what you do, your gonna get some dings

when i got my MDX the dealer sold me a door ding 'warranty' - havent used it yet but i will be within the next couple weeks
Old 09-20-2009, 11:54 AM
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
its been just about a year (few days to go) and I've had a few paint chips scattered, a few nasty scratches on passenger side rear door and one on the bottom left back bumper...the grille isnt doing so great, small pits all around the grille
Old 09-20-2009, 12:08 PM
I am a bullet proof tiger

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was coming out of the grocery store the other day and witnessed this fat lady leaving her shopping cart next to my car. I took off in a dead sprint to get to the cart, scared the shit out of the lady. I asked her if she was planning on leaving the cart in the middle of the parking lot, she didnt replied, she was still scared. So I took it back to the cart corral, then the lady mean mugs me while she is pulling away. I thought it was funny, my girlfriend was extremely embarrassed. People wonder why the obesity rate in america continues to rise, when your too fat and lazy to walk 15 feet to return a cart? I hate people.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I've done a few full sprints through store parking lots myself I hate lazy people.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:00 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by buckvegas
I was coming out of the grocery store the other day and witnessed this fat lady leaving her shopping cart next to my car. I took off in a dead sprint to get to the cart, scared the shit out of the lady. I asked her if she was planning on leaving the cart in the middle of the parking lot, she didnt replied, she was still scared. So I took it back to the cart corral, then the lady mean mugs me while she is pulling away. I thought it was funny, my girlfriend was extremely embarrassed. People wonder why the obesity rate in america continues to rise, when your too fat and lazy to walk 15 feet to return a cart? I hate people.
LOL
Old 09-20-2009, 07:06 PM
Oh Hullow

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
i dont have a 4th gen ... i actually sold my tl i have an altima now... but its brand new and i noticed i have these horrible white marks on the passenger door about even with the height of the side mirrors looks like debris hit it or something. i had the same marks on my 2nd gen tl too.

is this common with highway driving, or am i personally doing something wrong with my cars? lol ive taken both cars on long trips from NJ to NC
Old 09-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by PetesTL
None so far. I try park as far away from other cars as possible.

Try one of those paintless ding repair shops....usually costs $50-$100 and it comes out almost as good as new.
I plan to take it to the local PDR shop this week to get it fixed. I also park as far away as possible from the uncivilized and pick end spots with my tires just touching the line allowing extra space for the car next to me. Unfortunately some jackass saw the huge space I left for them decided to park over their line and a few inches into my space and it looks like their back seat passenger hit my door. I could not spot the dent at that time because it was dark and the car was dirty. I had to apply a small spot of touch up paint to the middle of the dent and wetsanded it smooth and all is left right now is the dent that needs to be pushed out.

Some people just have no respect for others property!!
Old 09-21-2009, 11:20 AM
My beer fridge is in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i have a gouge on my hood from a rock that was kicked up by a tractor trailer. it isn't even an 1/8 of an inch past the clear bra, then it kicked up and but a good size pit in my windshield, now i need to get some touch up paint
Old 09-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Advanced

Been lucky so far. My girlfriend hates it, but I inspect my car thoroughly whenever somoeone parks too close. Some jackass the other day, after golfing, decides to try to bounce a golf ball like he is playing basketball and it gets away from him and hits my car. He was lucky there was no damage. He was there with 1 buddy and was was there with 3. He was lucky...
Old 09-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Cruisin'

i watch the savages - i park while my wife shops and i am amazed - no, disgusted - by the public. You all dont know how often someone opens their door into the one next to them and then uses teh door as a crutch to get out. that is what makes those dents that then have a .25-.33 inch scrape.

of course the offender is often in a hyundai or old ford. (not being pompous)
Old 09-21-2009, 08:09 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by hubbard53
i watch the savages - i park while my wife shops and i am amazed - no, disgusted - by the public. You all dont know how often someone opens their door into the one next to them and then uses teh door as a crutch to get out. that is what makes those dents that then have a .25-.33 inch scrape.

of course the offender is often in a hyundai or old ford. (not being pompous)
Speaking of Hyundai, it reminds me of this time I was parked and stayed in the car to monitor any idiots while the passengers shopped since the spots are quite narrow. So I sat there and looked around and then comes the owner of this Hyundai (parked to my right) back from shopping and proceeds to open the rear passenger door to load groceries instead of using the trunk. I watched as the guy opens the door and lets it rest on my door?? (I immediately can hear a tap on my door). I honked the horn and stared at the idiot, of course he looked clueless as to why I honked then I immediately got out to see what damage was done. Thankfully no dent was there.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:46 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by nyyanks81
Just curious to find out from the 4G owners here if you have any dings or dents so far? After ~9 months of ownership, I got my first door ding.... It's on the right rear door below the door handle about 1/4" in size (small but noticeable depending on the angle)
Interesting that you bring this up. When I was finalizing the deal to buy my 4G, I noticed that they made a mistake and actually gave the car to me for $500 less then I agreed upon. So when the finance mgr asked if I would be interested in the a dent and scratch protection for the paint and rims at $750, I took it. Especially since I know what my wife did to the rims on my 3G. I looked at her and she said get it.