About to pull the trigger - White DP, Black or Polished Metal

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 03:06 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About to pull the trigger - White DP, Black or Polished Metal

I will be getting a TL SH AWD this month and I'm smitten with the car and the colors.

Can't decide and need some help from more experienced TL owners. Which one did you go with and why? Pros and cons?

Taupe or Black interior?

Maybe there is another color I should consider.

Thanks in advance for your comments.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Why do you need someone else to decide what color you should get? There's nothing more personal or subjective than color. There's no right or wrong here. It's all about your personal taste and preferences. This is something that you and/or your significant other need to discuss.

That being said, however, I chose CBP/ebony because black is always classy and elegant. And there is nothing more eye-popping that a clean, shiny black car. The downside of course, is that maintainance is a bitch. Imperfections show up more easily on a black car and a black interior gets very hot in the summer. My next car is definately not going to be black....probably more grey/silver....dull but easier to keep clean.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:46 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Pete is right-color and interior preference is YOUR choice. Enjoy that choice!

I can tell you that Silver is one of the most popular preferences, along with white and black. Why do the websites for so many brands feature silver cars all the time???? Now you know....

Let us know what you pick.

National Acura Meet-June 6th/Kansas City-LESS THAN ONE MONTH AWAY!!!.
Click here for details and to sign up!

Old 05-20-2010, 11:12 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
I felt the same way when i bought my first 3G... i couldnt choose

every single color is different, with different pros and cons

Metallic Paints always look so clear, clean and shiny and crisp

Pearl Paints always look sparkling, pearlescent, brilliant...

Interior...

Tan is luxurious, open, airy and smooth... gives the car a luxury appeal

Black is dark, stain-resistant, easy to clean, confided sport car feel... makes the 4G Tech very "spaceship" like.... gives the car a sport appeal

Best of Luck!!

I love WDP, ive had two TLs in that color.

Black looks the best, but it is sooo hard to keep up maintenance (needs a
waxing/polishing/clay bar like 3-4x a year)

Silver, is pretty good bet, swirls dont show, car looks metallic, futuristic etc...

Top 3 colors of all cars on the road. lol
Old 05-21-2010, 07:45 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I chose white because the grille blends in nicely with the color, and I think silver has the same effect as well but I like the pearl white more. Black leather for easy maintenance (i.e. no visible jean marks and craps like that).
Old 05-21-2010, 08:18 AM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I agree with the sentiment here that you need to come to your own conclusions about color. Why should anyone else's opinion matter?

But since you asked I had a WDP with black interior in my 2006 TL and liked it so much that my 2010 is also WDP on black. The 06 was my first white car and I've had too many others to count.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
Go with whatever color moves you. But since you asked, I'd go WDP/Ebony (and I plan to either 2011 or 2012). Less "beak" impact, highly visible and heat-reflective. Ebony gets hotter inside but shows dirt far less than tan/taupe. GL and let us know what you end up with.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:57 AM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Wow, folks still grille trippin'....
Old 05-21-2010, 10:20 AM
The Sicilian

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Some interesting Factoids:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/silver-t...r-running.html

http://most-popular.net/car-color

http://www.beyond.ca/2009-most-popul...lors/1832.html

These all pretty much specify the top 3 choices in North America.
Silver/white, & Black.
I have owned 3 white cars, 1 silver, 1 green, 1 navy blue, 1 maroon, 1 dark brown.
I like a dark interior. Have owned cars with light interiors and they always get dirty, so stay away from light interiors.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:11 AM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
FWIW, OP is talking about Polished Metal (which is gray) not Palladium Metallic (which is silver). The truths about silver cars like hiding scratches and dings don't really true with Polished Metal.

To the OP, I'm all about WDP with ebony interior. The pearl white is a very low maintenance color, it doesn't look dirty from a distance like a black car would. I wouldn't worry too much about which interior gets hotter, it's not a real valid argument. Leather will heat (or cool) to the environment around it. Being that a closed car in the sun is essentially a greenhouse, all leather interiors will get hot.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by black label
FWIW, OP is talking about Polished Metal (which is gray) not Palladium Metallic (which is silver). The truths about silver cars like hiding scratches and dings don't really true with Polished Metal.

To the OP, I'm all about WDP with ebony interior. The pearl white is a very low maintenance color, it doesn't look dirty from a distance like a black car would. I wouldn't worry too much about which interior gets hotter, it's not a real valid argument. Leather will heat (or cool) to the environment around it. Being that a closed car in the sun is essentially a greenhouse, all leather interiors will get hot.
While I agree with your philosophy, I would disagree with interior color affecting heat. Here in KW it is hot most of the time with high humidity. There is a distinct difference in interior temperature even between the gray of my wife's Ody and my tan TL. That being said, I'd prefer the heat of the interior to trying to keep the tan clean so it's ebony next go-around if I can find one!
Old 05-22-2010, 08:22 AM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
My preferences would be (in this order):

1. PMM - this color looks AMAZING on the TL! Very sporty and classy at the same time. When combined with the brown interior, it is HOT! However, I believe that this combo is no longer available in the States - only in Canada.

2. WDP - it is so very elegant. I am not usually a white car fan, but this color is not just white. It is very rich and beautiful. Again, I like it with the brown interior - this combo makes it really luxurious.

3. Black - not really a fan of this color because it does accentuate the grille. Also, having had a black car for the last 6.5 years, I am tired of the effort it takes to keep it looking clean...

Just my 2 cents!