About to Buy-help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 12:18 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About to Buy-help please

I am about to pull the trigger on purchasing a 4G Acura TL SH-AWD with tech package. Some questions I have:

1. The trim is black exterior/umber interior, pretty rare from what I found. Just worried about the rare color hurting resale. Do not know how popular or unpopular it is (ebony is my second choice).

2. The cheapest pricing I received in So Cal area is $36,600-$37,000 (includes destination). This price sounds excellent to me, is it what other recent buyers within the last month are getting?
Old 06-22-2009, 12:37 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That is a great price. In fact that sounds way too good for an awd with tech. But if it is real...go for it.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:33 AM
2nd Gear

in my opinion I think the umber interior will hurt the resale value on the TL. The only cars u see with that interior are exotic cars like Porsche and lamborghini. As for the price I'm not top sure but if u got that price and they honor it get it....
Old 06-22-2009, 02:49 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
@saryan

I'm looking in the SoCal area too. Where'd you get that deal? I've only been to Santa Monica Acura so far but I'm going to try Keyes in Van Nuys later this week.

I like the umber interior too, but i'm more worried about the left side bolster color rubbing off. http://blogs.edmunds.com/roadtests/2...more-more.html
Old 06-22-2009, 07:52 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by saryan
2. The cheapest pricing I received in So Cal area is $36,600-$37,000 (includes destination). This price sounds excellent to me, is it what other recent buyers within the last month are getting?
WOW! that is a great price, I don't this I saw anybody here that paid such a low price for SHAWD Tech, especially with destination included.

Last edited by hypno999; 06-22-2009 at 07:56 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-22-2009, 08:27 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by bw5556
@saryan

I'm looking in the SoCal area too. Where'd you get that deal? I've only been to Santa Monica Acura so far but I'm going to try Keyes in Van Nuys later this week.

I like the umber interior too, but i'm more worried about the left side bolster color rubbing off. http://blogs.edmunds.com/roadtests/2...more-more.html
I don't think the bolster color rubbing off is specific to the brown leather, but is instead a function of the aggressive bolstering in the R8, the difficult entry/exit point, and the type of leather used in the R8.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:41 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by bw5556
@saryan

The dealerships who quoted me the best prices so far have been in Temecula and Mission Viejo. The others have all said they would match as Acura has a $2000 incentive currently I understand. Most prices down in the OC/Riverside area have been close on the non SH-AWD (Around $33-34K) and hovering around 38K for SH-AWD (except for those two dealerships). What counts is the price when I go to deal. I should have my car by the July 4th weekend so I will post my final car and price then.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the umber interior is what makes it nice. I think the problem is
the exterior color. If you are one of the people that think the 4G is
ugly, the black accentuates the ugliness.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jdmdc5integra
in my opinion I think the umber interior will hurt the resale value on the TL. The only cars u see with that interior are exotic cars like Porsche and lamborghini. As for the price I'm not top sure but if u got that price and they honor it get it....
Yes, who would want something that is only on very expensive cars like Porsche and Lamborghini!

Give me the Chevy Cobalt interior any day.