4G vs TLX

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 07:41 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts
Originally Posted by saturno_v
I fail to see how more refined the TLX V6 engine is compared to the 4G...more fuel efficient maybe and with a more advanced/modern automatic transmission for sure (I drive a 4G manual so it does not apply to me anyway)

The only improvement over the 4G TL is that the car is quieter but this may be also be due to the more comfort oriented tires.
I have not driven a TLX not sure if you have, but I have been told by several people that have that they feel the car is more refined and quieter than their 4G's.

When I finally decide to test drive one (not anytime soon) I'll see for myself, but IMO it makes sense based on how much more refined the 3G MDX was when I test drove it compared to the 2G MDX we used to have. And the 2G was more refined than the 1G MDX we had prior to the 2G.

You could be correct that part of the reason that it's quieter is due to the tires, but I would have to guess that it also has to do with sound deadening and other improvements..

These same people who drove the V6 TLX all decided to keep their 4G's except for the 3G owner who bought an IS350...

I just saw another TLX on the road this weekend, and while it looks ok IMO the 4G has road presence while the TLX just blends in with everything else..
Old 01-12-2015, 09:12 AM
Banned

Received 198 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by JT4
I have not driven a TLX not sure if you have, but I have been told by several people that have that they feel the car is more refined and quieter than their 4G's.

When I finally decide to test drive one (not anytime soon) I'll see for myself, but IMO it makes sense based on how much more refined the 3G MDX was when I test drove it compared to the 2G MDX we used to have. And the 2G was more refined than the 1G MDX we had prior to the 2G.

You could be correct that part of the reason that it's quieter is due to the tires, but I would have to guess that it also has to do with sound deadening and other improvements..

These same people who drove the V6 TLX all decided to keep their 4G's except for the 3G owner who bought an IS350...

I just saw another TLX on the road this weekend, and while it looks ok IMO the 4G has road presence while the TLX just blends in with everything else..
I drove the TLX (V6 FWD)....quieter yes, more refined definitely not. The 4G TL feels to me a more "substantial" and more luxurious car all around, the way it drives.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:45 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

I drove the TLX (V6 FWD)....quieter yes, more refined definitely not. The 4G TL feels to me a more "substantial" and more luxurious car all around, the way it drives.
Got it, like I said I haven't driven a TLX yet and only went but what I was told.. I guess I'll have to wait and see what I think when I finally drive one.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:48 AM
C8N
Burning Brakes

Received 134 Likes on 109 Posts
quieter yes, more refined definitely not.
If it is quieter, isnt it more refined or is it up for interpretation?
Old 01-12-2015, 10:53 AM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I, personally, went from really excited to disappointed with the TLX. Something I hate because I was looking forward for it to be my 5th TL(X).

I have tested both, V4 and V6, several times. As a matter of fact I had a V6 as a loaner the whole day last Saturday and I was once more sad to see that it doesn't make it for me.

It drives quieter than my '13 TL and has a nice design but I don't feel it as premium. It's a combination of things... Materials quality, the dual screen, smaller interior size (even when Acura engineers say it's the same)... It just doesn't "click" with me which is the first time it happens in my 11 years with Acura.

No offense to TLX owners in any way and it's not my intention to put down the TLX but it is my very personal opinion that Acura retired the TL and gave a nice upgrade to the TSX. When I see the TLX, "TSX" is what comes to my mind.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:43 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Originally Posted by Medjai
I, personally, went from really excited to disappointed with the TLX. Something I hate because I was looking forward for it to be my 5th TL(X).

I have tested both, V4 and V6, several times. As a matter of fact I had a V6 as a loaner the whole day last Saturday and I was once more sad to see that it doesn't make it for me.

It drives quieter than my '13 TL and has a nice design but I don't feel it as premium. It's a combination of things... Materials quality, the dual screen, smaller interior size (even when Acura engineers say it's the same)... It just doesn't "click" with me which is the first time it happens in my 11 years with Acura.

No offense to TLX owners in any way and it's not my intention to put down the TLX but it is my very personal opinion that Acura retired the TL and gave a nice upgrade to the TSX. When I see the TLX, "TSX" is what comes to my mind.

This is how I feel too... I don't know, maybe someday I'll change my mind
Old 01-12-2015, 04:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by C8N
If it is quieter, isnt it more refined or is it up for interpretation?
No, two very different things...a Camry is very quiet but also not a very refined ride, especially on the driving dynamics.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:24 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by PaulAWD
My 12 AWD TL is having warranty work done and I have been given a TLX Tech while the parts are on order. I am very underwhelmed with the TLX. Although I will admit I still need to learn the interior controls, I feel really out of sorts with just finding a radio station. It does not handle anything like my AWD and I thought I was driving the I4. I thought it ran great for a 4 cylinder then found out it was actually the V6. My AWD is a lot more comfortable, it feels and drives like a luxury car. This TLX feels like a Camry rental car to me or maybe just like the TSX I drove a couple years ago. Nice car, all the fancy stuff in it, but it just confirms how happy I really am with my SH AWD.

I do not mean to offend any TLX owners, it's just not the car for me. I am also not comparing AWD to AWD.

I would like to update my TLX complaining from yesterday. Someone here said that the sport mode on the TLX is like the normal on the 4G. I have to agree. I switched to sport mode today and the car drove a lot better. It did not have that sluggish eco feel that I was hating. Still feels like i'm driving a fancy TSX but a least it doesn't feel as underpowered as before. Sport plus is more like our 4G sport mode.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:02 PM
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
I recently had my 2012 SH AWD TL in for service and they gave me the 2.4 TLX Tech. There were a few nice things like the heated steering wheel was great and the steering had a light feel (which I like). However, it did feel a lot more plastic the my TL and had less of a luxury feel overall. Also, I quickly realized that I could never be happy with the 2.4 engine with FWD, if I switch my TL someday for a TLX I must have the 3.5 SH AWD, I just can't believe how accustomed I have become to the AWD and the big engine.... I could never go back. I also like the centre-stack buttons rather than the touch screen on the TLX, but that's personal preference and what I'm used to. Overall I'm in no rush to switch out of my TL. I would however like to try the RLX when I go in for my next service, just for the sake of comparison.

Last edited by The Professor; 01-18-2015 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:56 AM
C8N
Burning Brakes

Got a TLX 6-cyl as a loaner. Didn't look to see whether it was a SH-AWD or not but here is my impression. The car is quiet and felt rock solid. I also concur with those that said that car throttle wasn't as responsive but once it does get moving, the thing does haul ass. Handles the bumps a heck of lot better than the 4G. Having no shifter was a bit awkward and the dual screen was a bit confusing but I guess both are something that would need a little getting used to. Didn't get to push the car due to horrible road conditions in Northern NJ, so not sure of the cornering capabilities but it did feel a bit softer than the 4G and the seats were not as supportive.

The TLX seems to have lost the "sports" in luxury sports sedan and bulked up in "luxury" in the sense that it feels like a true luxury car as in that it is quiet and soft in its driving dynamics. It lost the "sports" in muted engine noise and it didn't feel aggressive. It kind of felt like a neutered 4G and lost a bit of the fun factor. It did feel like a great cruiser for a long distance trip and had good road manners but it did not inspire one to push the car as it does with the 4G.

In summary, the TLX did impress me but it is a very different car when compared to the 4G. For any 4G owners who was on the border line in choosing between the 4G and the Lexus ES, I think they will be very happy with the TLX. But if you were crossing shopping between the 4G and the Infiniti G, you will not be too thrilled with the TLX.

Last edited by C8N; 01-19-2015 at 08:59 AM.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:35 AM
Drifting

Received 242 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by C8N
and it didn't feel aggressive. It kind of felt like a neutered 4G and lost a bit of the fun factor.
Which is what I have read people say here about the 4G compared to the 3G
"less sporty, more luxury"

and then the 4G manual compared to the 4G auto
"auto 4g is like a neutered 4G manual"

And now the same thing about the 5G.

I agree with all those statements.

When I drove the 4G manual tranny the other day, I didn't want to get out of
the car( I still have this feeling in my TL-S too). When I had a 5G V6 loaner, I couldn't wait to get out of the car.
Beyond feeling less sporty, its just...boring, to me at least. Plus the jumpiness of the transmission to me made it feel dangerous and unsafe.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:00 AM
C8N
Burning Brakes

I am at an age where soft and neutered is not a necessarily bad thing.
If I am going on a long distance trip, I think I would be happier on the TLX... but I am also at an age where the fun factor still matters and if I can have only one car in the garage, it would be the 4G. Nonetheless, to have both the TLX and 4G TL in the garage wouldn't be redundant for me as both has its pros and cons.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:21 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by C8N
I am at an age where soft and neutered is not a necessarily bad thing.
If I am going on a long distance trip, I think I would be happier on the TLX... but I am also at an age where the fun factor still matters and if I can have only one car in the garage, it would be the 4G. Nonetheless, to have both the TLX and 4G TL in the garage wouldn't be redundant for me as both has its pros and cons.
I hear you on that. I have a 2011 MDX for a softer ride which is awesome on long trips, and awesome in general to be honest. In my cars I want a little more sport as its usually just me in the car and maybe one other person.
I think the other thing that really bugs me about the TLX is the downgrade in seats. The 3G TL/TL Type S and 1st Gen RDX had tremendously comfortable sporty seats. The 2G MDX are very comfortable as well not as sporty but still great. The 4G TL continues the trend, their seats are amazing as well, the best overall. I love that cockpit feel of the 4G TL.
As soon as I got in the 5G, I was immediately turned off by the seat quality or lack thereof. These seats would be fine in an accord or civic, but not a 45k dollar car.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:26 AM
Banned

I agree on the TLX being softer than the TL (and quieter) so it may have appeal for those looking for a more soft, hushed ride.

But the TLX did not feel as rock solid and substantial as the TL, driving precision went down and the cabin is a downgrade IMHO.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:29 AM
C8N
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SilverJ
I hear you on that. I have a 2011 MDX for a softer ride which is awesome on long trips, and awesome in general to be honest
I envy you.... I think the perfect Acura duo would be the 4G TL and the MDX.

Last edited by C8N; 01-19-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:41 AM
C8N
Burning Brakes

I agree on the TLX being softer than the TL (and quieter) so it may have appeal for those looking for a more soft, hushed ride.

But the TLX did not feel as rock solid and substantial as the TL, driving precision went down and the cabin is a downgrade IMHO.
Perhaps it was because the TLX was brand new and it should have some mileage and some wear to form a fair opinion. However, the TLX loaner that I currently have, had no signs of rattles and felt very solid over bumps and whatnot. I cannot comment on driving precision as I did not get to throw the car around. The interior felt techie... and IMO, sometimes techie gives off that sterile feel which kind of goes against that luxury warmth. IDK.... but interior of the TLX wasn't bad and it's on par with what I would expect at the $40k mark but it certainly did not over exceed my expectations.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by C8N
.... but interior of the TLX wasn't bad and it's on par with what I would expect at the $40k mark but it certainly did not over exceed my expectations.
I would not call it bad interiors but the Infiniti Q50 has a starting price of 37K and, even in its basic form, it has a richer more luxurious feel.

Same for the Lexus IS, it just feels more luxurious.

I always say that the 4G TL punched above its price tag waistline, we owners were, in a way, "spoiled"...the TLX does not. It's just average but it has better interiors than a standard 3 Series I give it that....
Old 01-19-2015, 11:16 AM
C8N
Burning Brakes

I always say that the 4G TL punched above its price tag waistline, we owners were, in a way, "spoiled"
I so agree with this statement.
Thru my ownership of the 4G, I have also felt that it was the best bang for the buck in this segment. With the TLX, granted that many of us on the AZ forums are not the true representation of buyers in this segment but I do feel like Acura turned its back on us. Well... at least some of us. But in its defense, I am sure it gets difficult balancing the right about of sports/luxury as sometimes the two can be seen as polar opposites of each other. It is indeed impossible to win 'em all.

Nonetheless, I do wish that Acura does well with the TLX in the hopes that having some money in their pockets creates enough comfort for them to go back to their roots... to the days of the Legends and the Integras.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:44 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by C8N
I envy you.... I think the perfect Acura duo would be the 4G TL and the MDX.
Soon my friend, soon
Old 01-19-2015, 11:55 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by C8N
I so agree with this statement.
Thru my ownership of the 4G, I have also felt that it was the best bang for the buck in this segment. With the TLX, granted that many of us on the AZ forums are not the true representation of buyers in this segment but I do feel like Acura turned its back on us. Well... at least some of us. But in its defense, I am sure it gets difficult balancing the right about of sports/luxury as sometimes the two can be seen as polar opposites of each other. It is indeed impossible to win 'em all.

Nonetheless, I do wish that Acura does well with the TLX in the hopes that having some money in their pockets creates enough comfort for them to go back to their roots... to the days of the Legends and the Integras.
I think I would have to say the 4G tech interior is my favorite interior of any car I have seen under 50 grand. I'm not turned off by the 500 buttons on the console at all. Love the seats, love the overall look and feel.
2 things I do like about the TLX interior is the steering wheel knob that controls the stereo and the mini GPS that tells you what street you are on by the speedometer and tach. Those are great features.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:59 AM
C8N
Burning Brakes

BTW... what was your feelings on the audio in the TLX?
I want to hold my comments for now as I have not played with the settings and I suspect that it is most likely have to do with the settings but I will say that I was not impressed.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
Originally Posted by C8N
BTW... what was your feelings on the audio in the TLX?
I want to hold my comments for now as I have not played with the settings and I suspect that it is most likely have to do with the settings but I will say that I was not impressed.
IMO it's like a home theatre setup where it's clear but lacks mids and upper bass. The bass is does have sounds boomy and not very refined. Doesn't matter with the audio processing on/off.
The following users liked this post:
C8N (01-19-2015)
Old 01-19-2015, 12:48 PM
C8N
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by csmeance
IMO it's like a home theatre setup where it's clear but lacks mids and upper bass. The bass is does have sounds boomy and not very refined. Doesn't matter with the audio processing on/off.
Ah... So it should be at least on par with the 4G ELS
Old 01-19-2015, 01:06 PM
Instructor

I was able to take my TLX FWD loaner up into the hills over the weekend. It still sucks compared to my 4G AWD, but I was able to use the sport plus through the hills and turns with the paddle shifters. I will say I was impressed and the car drove very sporty and handled the road with ease. I do not abuse loaners cars so I wasn't pushing the limits but I was moving along pretty good and felt like the car had more to give me. Anyone considering a mellow daily driver but would like to have some sporty driving still, the FWD TLX does deliver.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:16 PM
C8N
Burning Brakes

I should also mention that I have read some comments on the TLX side where owners are reporting improved throttle response on the 6 cyl as the car got broken in.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:14 AM
C8N
Burning Brakes

The loaner I have is a 6cyl FWD TLX w/ Tech and it had 1450 miles on it. Took a 70 mile round trip from Northern NJ to Queens NY last night and here are my observations.

The TLX felt like it had a higher center of gravity and felt like it had slightly more body roll when cornering. The seats had more cushion so unlike the 4G where the bolsters supported you, the TLX seats supported you in a different way. The seat kind of sucked you in just a bit and supported you with a body mold if you will... kind of like memory foam? It was comfortable but was it better? IDK but it was just different. One thing is certain is that my butt was not sliding all over the place. Now the upper body might be a bit of a problem depending on your position when driving and with the lack of a shifter, nothing for the driver to hold on to other than the steering wheel. I also played around with the IDS and the car did become more lively with sport mode and sport+ mode but still lacked something and it felt slower but I think it had more to do with the lack of engine noise as the speed did sneak up on you. But then again, maybe there is a reason for the lack of engine noise. It definitely wasn't symphony to my ears. The tranny is slow to shift and when I pounded on the gas on a passing situation, the car had to think about what I wanted it to do for a sec. Braking was inferior when compared to the 4G but adequate. Overall, didn't feel like it communicated well with the driver. Everything was pretty numb and quiet which is not a bad thing. At 70mph, the TLX kept its composure very well even on bumpy roads and it really became a pleasure driving around NYC. In NYC, I did not miss my 4G. Rolled over the bumps and blocked out the outside noise very well. PAWS system is pretty entertaining which also sneaks up on you a bit. I usually have the the torque monitor on in my MID so I see it and feel the SHAWD kicking in but with the PAWS, there is no such a thing. Oh my wife commented that the back seat was much more comfortable.

Despite the numbness, it felt like you can definitely have fun with the car... but a different type of fun when compared to the 4G. I was trying to think of an analogy and please forgive me if it offends anyone. If driving the 4G SHAWD is like having sex with a hot girl, the TLX is like having sex with a hot girl with a condom on. Since my loaner was a FWD model, I guess it is not a fair comparison since my car is a SHAWD.

Last edited by C8N; 01-20-2015 at 08:16 AM.
Georgiey22 (01-21-2015)
Old 01-20-2015, 08:52 PM
Drifting

Received 568 Likes on 367 Posts
^^ Now there's a marketing slogan!!!!
Old 01-20-2015, 09:02 PM
Safety Car

Received 833 Likes on 581 Posts
Ewww safe sex=TLX? Thanks.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:10 AM
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 38 Posts
It may and it will sell well but it ain't a 4G TL and I do not see how a 4G owner can aspire to own one....
This was the issue for me. I waited 28 years to own an Acura, and just purchased my first 4G 2012 TL last week. I have liked the body style of the 4G since 2009, despite many negative reviews about the styling (very few could say anything negative about the performance and handling).

I wrestled with the idea of buying the 2015 TLX, but the styling, in my opinion anyway, was not distinctive. I just could not get over the idea that they shrunk the vehicle by 4 inches, and the car had lost some of its WOW! factor when sitting at a stop light or cruising down the road.

I'm sure the TLX is a nice car, but it just did not inspire me to want one.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
Originally Posted by C8N
Ah... So it should be at least on par with the 4G ELS
Not really, they are somewhat different. My 2013 has a great system (just lacks clarity and deep bass) but the bass is def. lacking in the TLX. The clarity is obvious compared to the 4G TL.

IMO acura needs to stop making a car for "one size fits all" and needs a TLX-S/R
Old 01-26-2015, 07:22 AM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
I've had the TLX for 2 weeks now and during the first week, I did miss my 2010 TL SH-AWD. However, that's no longer the case.

Maybe the later models of the 4G had better SHAWD systems but the TLX is definitely much better in that department. Even my wife noticed the turns to be quicker. As for the throttle response, in Sport and Sport+ mode, they are basically the same. However, the 9 speed is smoother and quieter. At 100km/h on Sports mode on the 4G, it was very loud going at 5500rpm. I usually had to drop it down to normal so it would shift up and be quieter. Not the same with the TLX.

I think people just need to spend more time instead of basing it all on a short test drive. The top of the line TLX is a lot more car then the top of the line 4G. Having more room in the trunk and being able to fold down the rear seats is a huge plus.
csmeance (01-26-2015)
Old 01-26-2015, 02:51 PM
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 38 Posts
This is just my humble two cents.

Handling and performance aside (albeit these are HUGE factors), I believe the biggest hindrance with the TLX is its lack of road presence.

Very few people will see a TLX on the road and be inspired to visit the showroom. The TLX sort of blends in with so many others cars. In order to like the TLX you sort of have to already know what it is, and even then you have to actually drive it.

While I agree, and I believe everyone here would also, a person considering such an investment should drive a car before purchasing. But what primarily gets people, who are willing to spend up to $45,000 for a car, into the showroom, is styling and road presence. Most people in this luxury car segment want people at the stop light to know they have a luxury car without having to roll down the windows and talk specs.

Which is why at every car show the manufacturer has taken great pains to show off the styling of their cars with pretty women, elaborate displays (cars turning and video productions etc.), and employees constantly buffing and cleaning the cars to keep them free of fingerprints or anything that would distract from its appearance.

The TLX appears to be an amazing car from a handling, performance, technological, and even practical (large trunk, split folding rear seats etc.) standpoint, but it seems to lack the WOW! factor it needs to inspire people to visit their local Acura dealership.

Love it; like it; or hate it, there is no mistaking a 4G TL when you see it on the road.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DASS
I believe the biggest hindrance with the TLX is its lack of road presence.

Love it; like it; or hate it, there is no mistaking a 4G TL when you see it on the road.

Exactly.

I test drove the TLX for close to half hour when I did....again and again, it's no 4G TL....it is quieter (so is a Lexus ES) but, sorry the handling and steering feel is not on par....it may be more practical (folding rear seats, more usable trunk) but the car simply lack personality.

The TL drives more "meaty" (I could not find a better term) and better planted.

I'm a car tech enthusiast as well and the dropping of the double wishbone suspension up front for a simple McPherson strut it is a huge downside and screams of cost cutting.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:19 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
TLessX
Old 01-28-2015, 11:13 AM
Instructor

I drove the TLX for 15 days and I still liked my AWD TL better. Once again I did not drive the AWD TLX. Id say the same thing about the 4G FWD too. The TLX wasn't all bad, just not as nice in my opinion over the 4G. It is not really the same car either. I like the controls in the 4G a lot more too. I really dislike the touch screen radio/HVAC controls and the push button shifters. The push button eco, norm, sport, sport+ is way too slow and complicated and not worth the effort. In sport mode the 4G 6 speed tranny is better most likely because I come from a 6 speed manual so shifting is more natural. The 9 speed tranny was better for daily driving and smoother than the 4G. It's 3 years newer technology so it better be, right? All in all the TLX is a good car but it's not a 4G AWD. And it's also not cheap.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
No, two very different things...a Camry is very quiet but also not a very refined ride, especially on the driving dynamics.
i think you are trying to say that the TL is more sporty and i will agree with that. its definitely not as refined as the TLX. acura has found majority their clients prefer a slightly more refined ride quality vs a sportier ride. hence the change.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:17 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by PaulAWD
I drove the TLX for 15 days and I still liked my AWD TL better. Once again I did not drive the AWD TLX. Id say the same thing about the 4G FWD too. The TLX wasn't all bad, just not as nice in my opinion over the 4G. It is not really the same car either. I like the controls in the 4G a lot more too. I really dislike the touch screen radio/HVAC controls and the push button shifters. The push button eco, norm, sport, sport+ is way too slow and complicated and not worth the effort. In sport mode the 4G 6 speed tranny is better most likely because I come from a 6 speed manual so shifting is more natural. The 9 speed tranny was better for daily driving and smoother than the 4G. It's 3 years newer technology so it better be, right? All in all the TLX is a good car but it's not a 4G AWD. And it's also not cheap.
you gotta be joking about that part... i could teach a monkey to figure out the IDS.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:25 PM
Safety Car

Received 833 Likes on 581 Posts
Originally Posted by Nexx
you gotta be joking about that part... i could teach a monkey to figure out the IDS.
Lot of monkeys are smarter than automobile owning humans....
Old 01-28-2015, 02:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts
plastic all over the TLX
Old 01-28-2015, 03:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 119 Posts
There is no comparison between the TLX and the 4G SH-AWD. The 4G is the superior car if you enjoy driving. Did everyone not see the motor trend car of the year segment on the TLX? Here's the link for your reading pleasure:

2015 Motor Trend Car of the Year Contenders, Finalists - Motor Trend Page 9

Here's a quick quote that pretty much sums up what most of us 4G'ers feel:

The TLX also struggled in Performance of Intended Function. Judges found a bit too much Honda DNA in the car and not enough uniquely Acura design and engineering. The words "glammed-up Honda" were uttered. Plus, the sporty sedan's handling is a letdown. While both models turn in sharply, both quickly give up to heavy understeer mid-corner. The front-drive four-cylinder is a bit more nimble, and the all-wheel-drive V-6 could be forced around a corner by flooring the gas, but neither is as fun to drive as either of the cars the TLX replaces.

Quick Reply: 4G vs TLX