AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   4G TL (2009-2014) (https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-2009-2014-123/)
-   -   4G Brake Bleed Order (https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-2009-2014-123/4g-brake-bleed-order-885965/)

IronChicken 04-24-2013 12:08 AM

4G Brake Bleed Order

Replacing pads soon and doing my first flush beforehand and can't seem to find the bleed order anywhere (here or anywhere else) for the 4G - anyone know if it's the same as the 3G? (LF RF RR LR)
Thanks!

IronChicken 05-15-2013 12:40 AM

Found it - it's the same - LF RF RR LR

aIRpeACE 05-17-2013 12:43 PM

lol good job. you answer your own question.

LaCostaRacer 05-18-2013 11:22 PM

Makes total sense that it would be the same order. The master cylinder is in similar location so the brake lines would be in similar configuration too. Many Honda/Acura cars will have that order.

23109VC 05-20-2013 12:10 PM

I've never tried to bleed my own brakes..... i have put on pads/rotors before...but never had the need to bleed brakes...

is it that hard to do? I remember helping my dad bleed the brakes on one of our cars when I was a kid, helping him... but that was 20 years ago....

I'm anticipating changing my own brakes in the future, and I'm due to change my wifes brakes on our MDX soon.... I'm curious what tools I need - some kind of bleeder device.. not sure if they are expensive, and how cheap of a device would work to get the job done?

as I recall you just undo the bleeder valve, and pump the brakes until no air is coming out adn you get fluid only? I can try to look for some DIY videos on it.. just thought I'd ask you guys - is it hard or easy?

MoAbbas 05-20-2013 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by 23109VC (Post 14489171)
I've never tried to bleed my own brakes..... i have put on pads/rotors before...but never had the need to bleed brakes...

is it that hard to do? I remember helping my dad bleed the brakes on one of our cars when I was a kid, helping him... but that was 20 years ago....

I'm anticipating changing my own brakes in the future, and I'm due to change my wifes brakes on our MDX soon.... I'm curious what tools I need - some kind of bleeder device.. not sure if they are expensive, and how cheap of a device would work to get the job done?

as I recall you just undo the bleeder valve, and pump the brakes until no air is coming out adn you get fluid only? I can try to look for some DIY videos on it.. just thought I'd ask you guys - is it hard or easy?

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...e+bleeding+kit

/AutoZone?v=lkd7iq-dIQ0
i personally plan on going into the store, and checking out the brake bleed kit, and im gonna follow these videos once i get around to it. doesnt look to hard, but id want a good idea of what im supposed to be doing, what i should look out for if i run into problems and how to figure it out.

Lioneltl 10-25-2020 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by IronChicken (Post 14480132)
Found it - it's the same - LF RF RR LR

Interesting, every other video says start Rear Passenger

But they weren't specific to Acura TL 4G

VanyDotK 10-25-2020 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by 23109VC (Post 14489171)

Pretty easy, I made my own one person bleeder using this video

And the actual bleeding

Explore Chrisfix's channel, lots of good info.