AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   4G TL (2009-2014) (https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-2009-2014-123/)
-   -   2013 TL is JD powers 2013 Initial Quality Awardee (https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-2009-2014-123/2013-tl-jd-powers-2013-initial-quality-awardee-899183/)

pickler 11-04-2013 04:00 PM

2013 TL is JD powers 2013 Initial Quality Awardee

Did you know this? I just found out. I wish I had the money to own one though lol.

http://autos.jdpower.com/ratings/quality.htm

dtrayers 11-04-2013 05:22 PM

4000 lbs and longer than my Honda Pilot is compact?

types1fan 11-04-2013 05:47 PM

Ha, the ugly duckling strikes again. It may be compact in price and size? it's a solid car and well built.

pickler 11-04-2013 08:16 PM

I drove a 2011 TL once as a loaner and I must say it 'felt' like i was driving a compact. It did not feel as big or as heavy as the numbers suggest.

TeamAcura 11-05-2013 07:56 AM

The 4G will never get the respect it deserves from the general public simply because of its looks. Sad..SMH

HeartTLs 11-05-2013 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by TeamAcura (Post 14738693)
The 4G will never get the respect it deserves from the general public simply because of its looks. Sad..SMH

Sucks for Honda/Acura and those would be customers. I care because I'm a fan of Honda/Acura products and want to see them do well and continue to make other vehicles I can enjoy, but at the same time I don't. I know I have an awesome vehicle which I like the interior and exterior of. If it's too risky for the masses it only makes my car more unique in a positive way. Lastly the low sales might push Acura to create a better 5G in hopes of a knockout.

TeamAcura 11-05-2013 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by HeartTLs (Post 14738801)
Sucks for Honda/Acura and those would be customers. I care because I'm a fan of Honda/Acura products and want to see them do well and continue to make other vehicles I can enjoy, but at the same time I'd don't. I know I have an awesome vehicle which I like the interior and exterior of. If it's too risky for the masses it only makes my car more unique in a positive way. Lastly the low sales might push Acura to create a better 5G in hopes of a knockout.

It's too bad Acura pushed the design limits on the 4G because it really is an all around great car. As evident in the current line up, they are too scared and went conservative instead. Now people see them bland as compared to their past models. Needless to say, it is hard to strike a balance. I find their cars to have a simplistic look and I can appreciate that.

Part of the reason I bought the 4G is because I rarely see many (let alone the MMC) out there in my neck of the woods and in a way that is a good thing. I kinda prefer it that way too. I love the stares and looks I get when I drive her around town knowing I'm just one of a few who has a "slightly" modded 4G.

Glashub 11-05-2013 09:21 AM

Basically for me -- if they could integrate the beak like they did on the NSX I saw at the LA Auto show and get rid of the silver band on the truck -- they'll have done the looks of the car a great favor. Just my .02. They got everything else in order -- they just need to figure how to make the car more attractive to a greater number of people. I like the looks of the 4G except for the above.

Don't go as bland as the RLX. Saw my 1st one yesterday -- a blue haired lady driving it. It looks so staid and conservative.

pickler 11-05-2013 12:05 PM

Maybe in us the sales are weak...in canada they are everywhere. More TLs than Audi A4 or Infinity g37 on streets...at least where I live. They are very expensive though. I priced one out the other day it would cost me 57000 CAD to get a shawd tech. So price is my only issue, I can get a 335i at same price :\ I think the design is fine.

Edward'TLS 11-05-2013 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by HeartTLs (Post 14738801)

Lastly the low sales might push Acura to create a better 5G in hopes of a knockout.

Very unfortunate, the low sales of the 2G RL didn't generate big enough a push for Acura to create a better ENOUGH RLX in hopes of a knockout.

In fact, the monthly sales figure for the RLX only accounts for 1/2 of that for the failed 2G RL.

Go figures.

vivmike 11-05-2013 09:00 PM

I love the TL's looks once it's modded.

It looks horrible stock.

vivmike 11-05-2013 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by pickler (Post 14737895)
Did you know this? I just found out. I wish I had the money to own one though lol.

http://autos.jdpower.com/ratings/quality.htm

So. :rolleyes:

ngravatt 11-11-2013 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by pickler (Post 14739164)
Maybe in us the sales are weak...in canada they are everywhere. More TLs than Audi A4 or Infinity g37 on streets...at least where I live. They are very expensive though. I priced one out the other day it would cost me 57000 CAD to get a shawd tech. So price is my only issue, I can get a 335i at same price :\ I think the design is fine.

i got my second TL because the first one had was an 02, that i bought in 2005. Drove up to 180k miles and had no issues except i replace the blower motor fan ($100). i did go do my not cheap mileage check ins at the dealership so that everything was in good shape. Only thing it didnt survive was when i got t boned and the car was totaled.

Does a BMW last that long? Can you go 11 years and and replace only one part (besides the regular scheduled maintenance). Do repair shops no how to work on the BMW? An acura is a nice Honda, and there are millions of Hondas and Acuras out there.

Just another thing to consider besides the price.

g37guy01 11-11-2013 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by ngravatt (Post 14747010)
i got my second TL because the first one had was an 02, that i bought in 2005. Drove up to 180k miles and had no issues except i replace the blower motor fan ($100). i did go do my not cheap mileage check ins at the dealership so that everything was in good shape. Only thing it didnt survive was when i got t boned and the car was totaled.

Does a BMW last that long? Can you go 11 years and and replace only one part (besides the regular scheduled maintenance). Do repair shops no how to work on the BMW? An acura is a nice Honda, and there are millions of Hondas and Acuras out there.

Just another thing to consider besides the price.

Yes, I know people who have driven them past 200k without issue. You got lucky your car didn't leave your stranded. High mileage water pumps and alternators go with impunity on every model. In my area, lots of repair shops specialize in only the premium segment.