2012+ black housing headlights

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 08:56 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012+ black housing headlights

Will the 2012+ black housing headlights work on a 2011? I know bumpers changed a bit but not sure if it affected the headlight at all. Anyone know for sure?
Old 07-27-2015, 09:01 PM
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts
Yes they will, headlight housings are interchangeable between '09-'14. Search helps.

-greg
The following users liked this post:
ggesq (07-28-2015)
Old 07-27-2015, 09:10 PM
9th Gear

Sorry. Using my phone and searches difficult with the small letters. Y does it seem when anyone ever asks a question in these forums there is always someone who has the snark "search helps" comment? What's the point of a forum then??
Old 07-28-2015, 10:50 AM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/fourth-generation-tl-2009-2014-123/2009-2012-headlight-swap-820449/
Old 07-28-2015, 11:09 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 210 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Itzjuzslim
Sorry. Using my phone and searches difficult with the small letters. Y does it seem when anyone ever asks a question in these forums there is always someone who has the snark "search helps" comment? What's the point of a forum then??
Because you aren't the first person to ask the question and a simple search would have have turned up the answer?

No one particularly cares if you're on a phone or not.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 325 Likes on 214 Posts
Yeah what an idiot for coming to an Acura forum to ask a question about headlights on his Acura! Get lost MORON we don't want to help you just search it yourself!
Old 07-28-2015, 11:36 AM
9th Gear

Then don't answer my question. And thanks for the pithy comment. Kudos. Are you one of those sorry people who make these stupid remarks to anyone who posts a repeated question?? Pretty sad if you ask me
Old 07-28-2015, 11:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 325 Likes on 214 Posts
I hope you're not talking to me, if so you need a sarcasm meter as I was backing you up haha
Old 07-28-2015, 11:55 AM
9th Gear

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wreak
I hope you're not talking to me, if so you need a sarcasm meter as I was backing you up haha
No wreak, you must have posted as I was writing. Lol. Thanks for having my back. Haha
Old 07-28-2015, 01:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 125 Posts
It's just a little annoying when you see the same questions asked over and over when a simple search would have answered your question.

Speaking of same question asked over and over, aren't we about due for a "What kind of oil should I use?" thread?
Old 07-28-2015, 02:59 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by VanyDotK
It's just a little annoying when you see the same questions asked over and over when a simple search would have answered your question.

Speaking of same question asked over and over, aren't we about due for a "What kind of oil should I use?" thread?
Haha, love the trollers on here. Think I should post a guideline section on here letting everyone know this is a "SEARCH ONLY" forum. If anyone wants to ask questions then be ready for the consequences.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:07 PM
Burning Brakes

To be fair, you're the one getting all butthurt about being told to be searched, nicely I might add. You asked a question, 99-6SIC6 answered your question and suggested that you search. He wasn't rude or anything

Originally Posted by '99-6SIC6
Yes they will, headlight housings are interchangeable between '09-'14. Search helps.

-greg
Instead you get all defensive with this

Y does it seem when anyone ever asks a question in these forums there is always someone who has the snark "search helps" comment? What's the point of a forum then??
Then when people call you out, you call them trolls. The AZ community is actually very helpful and polite for the most part, but you're being a dick.

Haha, love the trollers on here. Think I should post a guideline section on here letting everyone know this is a "SEARCH ONLY" forum. If anyone wants to ask questions then be ready for the consequences.
The following 2 users liked this post by VanyDotK:
ggesq (07-28-2015), TheMuffinMan (07-28-2015)
Old 07-28-2015, 03:39 PM
9th Gear

I simply don't understand why more than 75% of the threads in here have a "try using search" comment. I'm not butthurt nor was I trying to be a dick. And yes this site is very helpful, and if my computer didn't take a shit I would have searched a bit more. It's difficult searching on my phone so I figured I would just ask instead.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:56 PM
Burning Brakes

I simply don't understand why more than 75% of the threads in here have a "try using search" comment. I'm not butthurt nor was I trying to be a dick. And yes this site is very helpful, and if my computer didn't take a shit I would have searched a bit more. It's difficult searching on my phone so I figured I would just ask instead.
So you're telling me 3 out of 4 threads on this forum have people telling OP to use the search function?

Alright, I'll help you out. If you're on mobile and you can't use the search function, you can actually use Google to search AZ. For example, if you wanted to search for the question you had on AZ, you enter this in the Google search bar:

Code:
will 2012 headlights fit 2011 site:acurazine.com
That will search AZ for your search terms.

The benefit of searching might even give you better ideas than what you're simply asking for, for example, the first result actually answers your question AND people talk about modding their existing headlights to look like the 2012 plus the clear lens mod. It's cost effective and will give you a sharper cutoff.

Could you post a simple question and get a simple answer with a side of people telling you to search? Sure, but you could also search, find your answer and even learn a bit more along the way.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:09 PM
9th Gear

I may have been exaggerating on the percentage. Lol. But I do see a lot of post with this in it. For some reason it just erks me. Thank you for the optional Google search idea. And you are correct about getting other cool threads for other stuff also by searching. I apologize if I came off as a dick.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 210 Likes on 158 Posts
Then don't answer my question. And thanks for the pithy comment. Kudos. Are you one of those sorry people who make these stupid remarks to anyone who posts a repeated question?? Pretty sad if you ask me
Do you like being asked the same question 400 times at work?

Do you get slightly annoyed when the answer is just a smidgen worth of effort away from people and they're too "busy" to search for it themselves?

What do you do for a living? Can I ask you the same question 400 times? Would you mind if I ask you the same question 400 times if the answer is clearly found from a quick search?

There's a reason that magical thing called "Search" exists, there's a reason Wikipedia, Dictionaries, Phone Books/WhitePages, really, any reference material exists. It's so you can use it.

And let's say you don't find something, maybe you make a thread, maybe you do some research on related items and then post your findings and results after some trial and error...

I know I've done that for adding foglights to my Pilot using a later model's kit. The later year was selling for ~$30 on eBay and only needed an extra $20 of parts that I dug into after looking at Majestic Honda's site and scouring install guides. I posted that shit up on the Pilot forum to help others because no one else attempted it.

In a similar fashion, the guys doing the LED setup in the 4G TL are doing the research and posting up to the benefit of everyone else. Is there work/money involved? Absolutely.