2010 TL SRS Light - Code 22-10

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2024 | 11:04 AM
1st Gear

2010 TL SRS Light - Code 22-10

I've done a lot of Google searching with not a lot of luck. My son's car is a 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD and it has had the airbag light on. I have taken the car to the local Honda dealership for diagnostic and they reported that is has a DTC 22-10, which is for an open or high resistance on the front passenger seat belt tensioner. I purchased a different tensioner from eBay, as several of the Acura parts online stores weren't able to fulfill the order. When I removed the old tensioner, I checked the sensor with my multimeter and it read 0.0 ohms. At this point I was very skeptical if tensioner was bad. I verified the new tensioner with my multimeter and got the same reading, but went ahead and replaced it. I took the car back to the dealership and as expected, the code did not reset. According to them, still had the same code.

I got the car back home and started to do some more testing with my multimeter, checking the wire harness from the SRS module under the center of the dash to the seat belt tensioner. The readings that I started to get are strange and hopefully someone can shed some light on what is happening.
  • I first checked the connections for the pink and gray wires that run from the main connector of the SRS unit to the connector that plugs into the seat belt tensioner. I disconnected the seat belt tensioner by pulling apart the quick disconnect connector put my meter on each end of the wire harness. Both the pink and gray wire measured good continuity at 0.0 ohm each.
  • At this point, for good measure, I checked the drivers side seat belt tensioner by putting my meter leads on the wires at the connector to the SRS unit. By putting one lead on the blue wire and one lead on the white wire, I read 0 ohms. This was the reading I expected since the tensioner was still connected.
  • Coming back to the passenger tensioner, with both ends of the wire harness disconnected from the SRS unit and the seat belt tensioner, I took another reading with one meter lead on the pink wire and the other on the gray wire. For some reason, I was reading 0 ohms. At this point I flipped the meter leads on each end of the wire harness and it still read 0 ohms, even though on one end of the harness I was connected to the pink wire and the other end was connected to the gray wire.
  • I removed the passenger seat and inspected the wire harness under the carpet and there is no visible damage to the harness.
  • As a additional step of troubleshooting, I reconnected my meter leads to the wire harness end that connects to the SRS module for the drivers seatbelt tensioner (blue & white wire). I left the meter plugged in while I disassembled the trim to get to the sensor for the drivers side seat belt. I unplugged that sensor and surprisingly, the meter still read 0 ohms.

I purchased a set of wiring diagrams online and following them, it looks like there are not any connections between the SRS module and the sensors, so that should rule out any sort of bad connector buried somewhere else within the car. I am not understanding how you can get continuity between two separate wires that according to the wiring diagram, are not connected in any way. I've attached what I have for a wiring diagram.

Not sure what to do from here. Both seat belt tensioners are testing in the same manner, yet there is only one code and that is for the passenger side. Hopefully someone has ran into this before and can provide some advice.

Thanks
Matt