2010 TL Sales Number in April

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 02:24 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 TL Sales Number in April

Hi all,

How did the 2010 TL sales go in April?

I have been watching the 101/85/280 in my commute.

I hardly saw any new TL on the road.

Please help me to spot...

A Californian
Old 05-02-2010, 03:29 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
I've seen a few trickle in. There are I think two or three in Willow Glen...
Old 05-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
The numbers aren't out yet but when they are, they will be posted here......

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=sales+results

check in on the 3rd or the 4th and they should be up
Old 05-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 90 Posts
i take 85 towards cupertino everyday and i see 1-2 other TLs everyday and if you ever happen to go in the tully and capitol area in San Jose you will be amazed at how many other Tls there are...lol...i saw at least 4 when i drove through that area on Friday.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
did the S60 sell none, or is it not available?
Old 05-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Honda Fanboy

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
April 2010

1. 3 - 8,712 (Combined coupe, cabrio, sedan)
2. C - 4,624
3. ES - 4,396
4. CTS - 3,278
5. A4 - 3,177
6. G - 3,001 (sedan only)
7. TL - 2,842
8. IS - 2,701 (combined sedan and cabrio)
9. MKZ - 1,817
10. S60 - 0
Old 05-03-2010, 02:16 PM
OG Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SG81
did the S60 sell none, or is it not available?
The old S60 went out of production I think in March last year.

The new one isn't on sale yet.

*(Corrected Numbers)

April 2010 - Entry-Level Luxury
1. 3 - 8,712
2. A4/5 - 5,023
3. C - 4,624
4. ES - 4,396
5. G - 4,263
6. CTS - 3,278
7. TL - 2,842
8. IS - 2,701
9. MKZ - 1,817
10. S60 - 0
11. 9-3 - N/A
Old 05-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TL sales were down 8.5% from April 2009
Old 05-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
TL sales are up 1.1 % on the year (YTD) compared to last. Not any worse so far but not all that better. The same thing goes for the TSX up 0.2 on the year. The MDX is up nearly 50% YTD as opposed to last and the RDX is up 22.5.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Again I am still amazed how a G in its 4th year out sells a TL when the 3G TL used to trounce the G even when the TL was several years old and the current G was brand new! Like it or not the price increase and styling are taking their toll. At least the TL has recovered a bit.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by KeithL
Again I am still amazed how a G in its 4th year out sells a TL when the 3G TL used to trounce the G even when the TL was several years old and the current G was brand new! Like it or not the price increase and styling are taking their toll. At least the TL has recovered a bit.
Keith....I think what you're seeing is the expansion of Gs. Actually, if you want a base G (sedan), you can actually buy one for about $32K. Add-in coupes, convertibles, sedans, and now some sort of anniversary edition, and the breadth of their lineup is broader than the TL's

I'm thinking if the TL came in a coupe, a 'vert, a special edition, etc, it would be on par, if not outsell the G.

Just wait until the G25 hits.....that delta will grow even more. Ghosn is spreading that platform the G uses among a pretty large breadth of products.....(Nissan Altima, coupe and sedan, G coupe, sedan, 'vert, anniversary edition, EX35, probably others that I'm forgetting.

Last edited by graphicguy; 05-03-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by graphicguy
Keith....I think what you're seeing is the expansion of Gs. Actually, if you want a base G (sedan), you can actually buy one for about $32K. Add-in coupes, convertibles, sedans, and now some sort of anniversary edition, and the breadth of their lineup is broader than the TL's

I'm thinking if the TL came in a coupe, a 'vert, a special edition, etc, it would be on par, if not outsell the G.

Just wait until the G25 hits.....that delta will grow even more. Ghosn is spreading that platform the G uses among a pretty large breadth of products.....(Nissan Altima, coupe and sedan, G coupe, sedan, 'vert, anniversary edition, EX35, probably others that I'm forgetting.
more choices = more sales

I hope honda figures this out soon.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Once Acura fixes the ugly spaceship look of the TL as well as keep the pricing relatively flat then sales will definitely rise.

If they want a spaceship design at least let some Japanese anime artists help design it. Get the dudes who draw Robotech/Macross. LOL.

What are the April sales numbers of the TSX by the way?
Old 05-04-2010, 05:54 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by graphicguy
I'm comparing just Sedan to Sedan and the G still wins. The TL has 5 choices

FWD TL
FWD TL Tech
FWD TL Tech 18"
AWD TL
AWD TL Tech

G basically has:

Base (which honestly I don;t think I ever see any of these ona lot)
Journey
Journey Tech/Nav
Sport
Sport Tech/Nav
AWD Sport/non-sport
AWD Sport/non-sport Tech/NAv

It is hard to do a model lineup comparasion since Acura does the all in one bundle approach and Infiniti is more like Toyota/Lexus with the list of options, making it hard to line them up, but basically they have 4 sedans, Base, Journey, Sport and AWD.

And yes they have the Anniversary model, but that is a very limited model and only just became available. I still think price and styling are 2 things hurting the TL. I suspect the 6 SP AT and hopefuly taking some of the front fascia from the ZDX and MDX may make the TL more appealing.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by coffeefingers
Once Acura fixes the ugly spaceship look of the TL as well as keep the pricing relatively flat then sales will definitely rise.

If they want a spaceship design at least let some Japanese anime artists help design it. Get the dudes who draw Robotech/Macross. LOL.

What are the April sales numbers of the TSX by the way?

You hit the nail on the head here. There is going to come a point when Acura is going to have to stop using the recession/economy as an excuse for the 4G TL overall poor sales performance and accept the fact/take responsibility that the main reason why its not selling anywhere near where the 3G TL did is that Acura alienated many previous Honda/Acura owners, myself included, from getting the new TL because of its enormous size and questionable styling in certain places!

Thats the cold hard facts! If they can improve several styling errors/dislikes, that a vast majority of people have criticize, the TL would sell much better than what it is.

I understand Acura's desire to stand apart and be unique with their designs from the rest of the luxury competition but the new TL's size/styling has turned away a lot of potential buyers who now have flocked to Infiniti, Audi, and BMW to get their luxury fill!
Old 05-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by smarty666
I understand Acura's desire to stand apart and be unique with their designs from the rest of the luxury competition but the new TL's size/styling has turned away a lot of potential buyers who now have flocked to Infiniti, Audi, and BMW to get their luxury fill!
I think the design is fine in certain colors. The "chrome" parts blend in very well on the white (which is why I chose it) and silver. It's the darker colors that make it stick out a bit too much. And I love the size, which is why I went for the TL instead of the G, A4, and 3 series (I did like the 3 series, but looking in my parking garage, there's 19 new 3 series, and 14 are owned by women). The 2 guys that own the 3G TL-S models in my lofts have given me compliments on the car as well.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey...the TSX is numba uno in the "pre-entry level" sedans!!!! LOL. Never heard of this classification before.

2,607 models sold in April 2010.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Drifting

Received 565 Likes on 364 Posts
Increased pricing no doubt affects the 4G sales numbers. Of course, many people don't realize that very good discounts are available - they see the sticker and take a walk. But another factor is that the TL now operates in a much more competitive market slot than even a few years ago. There are some excellent alternatives in this niche (e.g., G37) and sales are spreading around more among the brands. Let's face it, the TL once had this market slot almost all to itself. No more.

I know many don't like the looks of the 4G (and I didn't either when it was first unveiled), but anecdotally, I've never owned a car that has received so many compliments from friends and strangers alike. I think it's just a "distinctive" look (to quote a friend from last evening), and some are just really not going to like it. Others (myself included now) love the look.

That's what's great about living in a free country -- we get to disagree, hold our opinions and make our choices.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChaChaCharles
I think the design is fine in certain colors. The "chrome" parts blend in very well on the white (which is why I chose it) and silver. It's the darker colors that make it stick out a bit too much. And I love the size, which is why I went for the TL instead of the G, A4, and 3 series (I did like the 3 series, but looking in my parking garage, there's 19 new 3 series, and 14 are owned by women). The 2 guys that own the 3G TL-S models in my lofts have given me compliments on the car as well.
On a side note, i drove my friends 328i sedan the other day. It's really not that bad. I gunned it at an on ramp and by the time I was on the freeway, I was going faster than most of the other cars and could merge/pass easily. Their website says 0-60 in 6.9 seconds, but it feels closer to 6 seconds and is at least as base as my base TL. The engine didn't sound like it was being worked too hard. I initially discredited the 328i due to low hp, but i realize now that I should have given the 328i coupe a serious look. Although in regards to size, it's pretty cramped.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Banned

*as fast as my base model. not as base as my base -__- Where's the edit button?
Old 05-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Don't get me wrong, the 328i is a super fun car to drive around in, especially compared to the TL, but its so damn small and cramped inside. That cramped in feeling might be fun for a week or two but after that, I don't know if I could live with that feeling for years on end though, especially in an hour or two stop and go rush hour traffic 5 days a week!
Old 05-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Still happy with my purchase.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by smarty666
Don't get me wrong, the 328i is a super fun car to drive around in, especially compared to the TL, but its so damn small and cramped inside. That cramped in feeling might be fun for a week or two but after that, I don't know if I could live with that feeling for years on end though, especially in an hour or two stop and go rush hour traffic 5 days a week!
Of course it's cramped.....surprise, the 3 series is a compact car! The 4G is a midsize car and almost a borderline full size. I don't know why people keep comparing these 2 cars as if they belong in the same class....they don't!
The 3 series is the ideal car for single people or couples, whereas the TL (esp. the 4G) is really just a family sedan. Having a small, nimble car has its advantages.....you can dart in-and-out of traffic much easier and quicker, you can park into tight spaces easier, and you pay for less gas.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:28 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by PetesTL
Of course it's cramped.....surprise, the 3 series is a compact car! The 4G is a midsize car and almost a borderline full size. I don't know why people keep comparing these 2 cars as if they belong in the same class....they don't!
The 3 series is the ideal car for single people or couples, whereas the TL (esp. the 4G) is really just a family sedan. Having a small, nimble car has its advantages.....you can dart in-and-out of traffic much easier and quicker, you can park into tight spaces easier, and you pay for less gas.
Both actually get similar mpg (TL: 18/city 26/hwy - 3: 18/city 28/hwy), but you're right, TL is 17" longer and 2.5" wider. The reason I used it as a comparison is because the cost, not size. I'll take more room over zipping in a tight spot, that's what my ponies and turn signal are for (and real leather over leatherette!). If I want a cut-off car, I'd get a mini-S
Old 05-06-2010, 07:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by PetesTL
They are always compared because they are very similar in price, and FYI, the TL is bordering on large sedan territory with this 4G! I know the 3-Series is a compact a sedan and just like the IS, it suit young single people or a couple, your absolutely right. I considering it barely passing for mid-size anymore. The 3G TL on the other hand sat beautifully in the middle of the mid-size category!
Old 05-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You don't want sales to go up, you want them to slide so they start offering better deals on the car.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by emceeR
You don't want sales to go up, you want them to slide so they start offering better deals on the car.
acura is now offering 0.9% financing.. i don't think it gets much lower than that. I only got in on the 1.9% financing and the $2250 dealer cash. Imagine the deals that are going on now!!
Old 05-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
It's surprising that the TL sells more than the TSX. I see so many more 2G TSXs in the DC metro area. I see at least 2 or three daily on my short commute to work. On the other hand I may see one or two TLs a week. I wonder what regions are purchasing TLs more?
Old 05-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Drifting

The TL has outsold the TSX all of last year too so it's not like there are more 09 TSX models in comparison either. Looking at the sales incentives can give us a good idea of what sells where.

AL, AK, AZ, CT, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, MA, ME, MN, NJ, ND, NM, NV, NY, OH, Eastern PA, RI, SD, UT & WY. Get only 1.9% for 60 months.

AR, CA, CO, DC, HI, IL, KS, KY, LA, MD, MI, MO, MS, MT, NC, NE, NH, OK, OR, Western PA, SC, TX, TN, VT, VA, WA, WI & WV. Get .9% for up to 60 months.

Safe to say that the top listed regions are Acura's best, with the North East being where you would likely find the most TL sales and the bottom list is the worst regions for the TL and Acura in general.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by winstrolvtec
The TL has outsold the TSX all of last year too so it's not like there are more 09 TSX models in comparison either. Looking at the sales incentives can give us a good idea of what sells where.

AL, AK, AZ, CT, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, MA, ME, MN, NJ, ND, NM, NV, NY, OH, Eastern PA, RI, SD, UT & WY. Get only 1.9% for 60 months.

AR, CA, CO, DC, HI, IL, KS, KY, LA, MD, MI, MO, MS, MT, NC, NE, NH, OK, OR, Western PA, SC, TX, TN, VT, VA, WA, WI & WV. Get .9% for up to 60 months.

Safe to say that the top listed regions are Acura's best, with the North East being where you would likely find the most TL sales and the bottom list is the worst regions for the TL and Acura in general.
Do you have a link for those annual sales figures? I've been looking around for some and would love to take a look at them!
Old 05-14-2010, 05:57 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by jasonwdp10
On a side note, i drove my friends 328i sedan the other day. It's really not that bad. I gunned it at an on ramp and by the time I was on the freeway, I was going faster than most of the other cars and could merge/pass easily. Their website says 0-60 in 6.9 seconds, but it feels closer to 6 seconds and is at least as base as my base TL. The engine didn't sound like it was being worked too hard. I initially discredited the 328i due to low hp, but i realize now that I should have given the 328i coupe a serious look. Although in regards to size, it's pretty cramped.
I have had a 328i Coupe as a loaner car twice when servicing my X5 and respectfully could not disagree more. The acceleration feels barely faster than a Scion Xb (The Box) I used to have. The interior fit and finish (and even the X5 which is a 2010) for the most part is equal to my TL at best. The last car I was in that felt more cramped than the 328i was an old VW cabriolet. I am not one to get very excited about what I drive (in the last 10 years anyways) but the TL is a pretty nice car. BTW - 3500 miles on the X5 and been to the dealer 3 times for warranty repairs - I assume the 328i would not be much better.

As far as how this thread started, I see 4G TLs almost every day on 880, 280 and Stevens Creek Blvd. (Not counting the ones on test drives from the Acura dealer on S.C.)
Old 05-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kimochou
I have had a 328i Coupe as a loaner car twice when servicing my X5 and respectfully could not disagree more. The acceleration feels barely faster than a Scion Xb (The Box) I used to have. The interior fit and finish (and even the X5 which is a 2010) for the most part is equal to my TL at best. The last car I was in that felt more cramped than the 328i was an old VW cabriolet. I am not one to get very excited about what I drive (in the last 10 years anyways) but the TL is a pretty nice car. BTW - 3500 miles on the X5 and been to the dealer 3 times for warranty repairs - I assume the 328i would not be much better.

As far as how this thread started, I see 4G TLs almost every day on 880, 280 and Stevens Creek Blvd. (Not counting the ones on test drives from the Acura dealer on S.C.)
Well as a compact coupe, it's not supposed to be roomy.

BMW interiors were never really that great.

Like i said, floor throttle, effortlessly pass everyone. Enough said.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:05 PM
Drifting

Do you have a link for those annual sales figures? I've been looking around for some and would love to take a look at them!
http://www.templeofvtec.net/news/new...item_id=896325

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...05/460591.html
Old 05-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
In Lansdale, PA attending a graduation in Philly at Temple...I am pleasantly surprised at the number of 09-10 TL's in the area, actually more SH-AWD in the parking lots due to the amount of snow they get in the winter I guess, 3. Even more amazing is the number of Acura's period on the road...3G TL's galore, MDX's, RDX's. TSX's...in on line of traffic I counted 7 3G TL's, 2 4G TL's , 6 MDX's, and 2 RDX's, no ZDX's seen yet. I was in a traffic jam...my daughters and I had to do something, why not count Acura's? LOL
Old 05-16-2010, 07:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by compewterbleu
...my daughters and I had to do something, why not count Acura's? LOL
Nice! I like that!
Old 05-17-2010, 07:50 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

i am still waiting for V8
Old 05-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TL1999
Get in line! Your not the only one! With Acura's attitude about V8's and RWD, I think we both along with everyone else is going to have to still keep on that one!
Old 05-17-2010, 09:47 PM
Drifting

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by TL1999
You may be waiting for a while, maybe in the RL refresh, but who knows...
Old 05-17-2010, 10:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks a bunch man! That second link there was the gem I was looking for!!