07 TL-S Driver TO 09 Base TL overnight Experience feedback :thumbsdow

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 01:22 AM
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
07 TL-S Driver TO 09 Base TL overnight Experience feedback :thumbsdow

Okay i have a 07' TL-S as for one of my cars, well i took it in to get serviced the other day, the slight problem was the sub vibrating a little. So they gave me a Black Base 09 TL. I was pissed to say the least, as i had this 09 car for 2 days. First i thought they would have UPGraded me to get me into a new vehicle. I believe im doing a fair comparison Because im going for a TL-S to a TL, and isnt things suppose to getter better on new models? Not in anyway did i notice this, and even the main service manager said he had NO good feedback on this 09 TL car.

My personal First Takes:

Exterior Side shot looks alright, Kinda like a new Camery, Back looks ugly of course, and front/Grill looks FUGLY (aka fucking ugly) as we all know.

Interior:
Black interior, looked like SHIT! the back seat looks like Dog shit and it looks like Pleather (Plastic leather) as with the front seats just Blah Style to the max! The cup holder trim was that marable wood grain type. The wood grain cup holder looked so dumb with all those slots/cuts for it to slide in its hole, that looked like ass. Going from the tl-s navi to a non navi sucked shit the 09 tl hud looked gay. To much Chrome around the shifter noob and radio controls. The Insterment panel at night my God, I thought i had a flashback acid trip looking at the indicators, as they have blured lines, for christ sake the last thing i want to see when i look down at night is something blury everytime i look at it, WTF!? Blue Led lights were pretty cool tho.

Performance: Performance was similar to my 07-tls but not quite. For the life of me i could not understand and i thought it was a super flaw, when put in sport mode, it will take itself out of sport mode if crusing at a certain speed for more than a few seconds, a HUGE downfall in my eyes Braking isnt anything near the power of the TL-S Brembo 4 pistion calipers.

I could probably bitch about more but those are the main points i noticed, and that i could remeber at this time. Im sorry i dont know what the 4th gen buyers see in this car, i know i would MUCH rather spend my Thirty Thousand Dollars on something else, and what i believe would be MUCH Better. :thumbsdow:thumbsdow

Old 04-04-2009, 01:35 AM
Connoisseur of Aesthetics

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I must say, your really good at constructive criticism.

I wanna say most of our 4G TL drivers have owned a previous generation TL and came to realize that the 4G is a huge improvement in performance..maybe not in style since its acquired. For you to be the only person to be able to criticize the 4G TL after owning a 3G like that kinda says something yes? You have unique taste, which is fine..but please do it in a more constructive way.

In terms of performance, so just I can be a little mean since I respect the 3G TL very much..but by your character I would spank you in any race and outdrive in any setting.

Just my . Have fun with your TL-S sporting a shitty ass subwoofer that was probably broken due to your negligence use trying to crank it up to look good in front of people.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:36 AM

One more thing, a base TL drives nothing like a SH-AWD. Not even close. However I'm content with my '09 TL as my first car.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:45 AM
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
The FWD = diet TL. It's not that bad. We have been spoiled, it's the first time we are seeing a base model TL at new generation launch. Previous gens were not intended to be base models, originally. Not that there is anything wrong with it, just that it's 2 models in 2 different directions. just a thought but, they may not need it after the v6 tsx, could scrap it at MMC. SH, SH 6MT, and SH v8 or type S only.

Last edited by winstrolvtec; 04-04-2009 at 01:48 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For those who are new to the forum and are seeking help to make decisions based on which model to go with, please don't go on advice alone, get into a dealer and test drive the rides. For someone like me, the differences between the AWD and FWD were not that noticeable. Only in the turns did I notice less body roll as the AWD kind of "sits down" in the turn giving you a smoother transition. Ice above posted the AWD is nothing like the FWD, that's his opinion and he's entitled to it, but I feel they are similar for my driving styles and the test drives that I did. Check it out for yourself please.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Iceman52489

I wanna say most of our 4G TL drivers have owned a previous generation TL and came to realize that the 4G is a huge improvement in performance..maybe not in style since its acquired. For you to be the only person to be able to criticize the 4G TL after owning a 3G like that kinda says something yes? You have unique taste, which is fine..but please do it in a more constructive way.

In terms of performance, so just I can be a little mean since I respect the 3G TL very much..but by your character I would spank you in any race and outdrive in any setting.

Just my . Have fun with your TL-S sporting a shitty ass subwoofer that was probably broken due to your negligence use trying to crank it up to look good in front of people.
+1 - Nice, especially the sub woofer comment!
Old 04-04-2009, 03:53 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lazer187
I could probably bitch about more but those are the main points i noticed, and that i could remeber at this time. Im sorry i dont know what the 4th gen buyers see in this car, i know i would MUCH rather spend my Thirty Thousand Dollars on something else, and what i believe would be MUCH Better. :thumbsdow:thumbsdow

...You sound like you COULD bitch more... a lot more...Among the other ridiculous comments you made, Black interior looks like shit?? Really? And Iceman is right on because i drove both but the AWD rocks. Stop hating on the 4G because you don't have one yet. You're in the wrong forum buddy.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:17 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Coming from an 08 Type-S the real comparison is the 09 AWD. I also had a loaner base 09 TL when my Type-S was in for the second time to quiet the buzzy back deck fro the sub and could not wait to get them the keys back and get my Type-S back. BUT the AWD is a different story, such a more refined ride than the Type-S, firmer yet more compliant, not as jolty in the suspension. Yes the looks are controversal at beast, but they have grown on me a bit and I actually get past the looks when I drive the thing. Also one thing I find is the 09 4G Colors look OK in bright sunlight, but in cloudy weather they look like crap.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:53 AM
Pro

but by your character I would spank you in any race and outdrive in any setting.

Spank me in a race anyday? Odd kind of bold for you to say since you have no clue in what my driving ability is. Plus I have 5 more years of driving experience over you, so respect your elders. Your sloppy ass 09 TL suspension would no way ever out handle the Type S.

My TL-S doesnt have a shitty ass subwoofer, and it wasnt broken n00b it created a rattle/vibration, to fix it they put in different clips and insulation, the subwoofer was fine. No i dont crank up my music infront of other people, nor do i try to look good infront of other people.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 73 Posts
^^^^^^

So, as hard as it is to follow your post, can I assume you won't be buying a 4G TL? If that's the case, that'll be one more for me to choose from. Thanks!!!!!
Old 04-04-2009, 09:23 AM

Spank me in a race anyday? Odd kind of bold for you to say since you have no clue in what my driving ability is. Plus I have 5 more years of driving experience over you, so respect your elders. Your sloppy ass 09 TL suspension would no way ever out handle the Type S.

My TL-S doesnt have a shitty ass subwoofer, and it wasnt broken n00b it created a rattle/vibration, to fix it they put in different clips and insulation, the subwoofer was fine. No i dont crank up my music infront of other people, nor do i try to look good infront of other people.
It's kind of funny that you really didn't notice...but I only made that ridiculous comment to imitate on your ridiculous remarks. Your right, I have no idea how your driving ability is, but your comments are completely immature with no real reviews.

I'm not the n00b who went into a 4G forum to completely bitch out the car and is about to be RAINED on by a few 4G owners.

I'm pretty sure, if you keep making those comments, your better off keeping them to yourself.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:36 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Okay i have a 07' TL-S as for one of my cars, well i took it in to get serviced the other day, the slight problem was the sub vibrating a little. So they gave me a Black Base 09 TL. I was pissed to say the least, as i had this 09 car for 2 days. First i thought they would have UPGraded me to get me into a new vehicle. I believe im doing a fair comparison Because im going for a TL-S to a TL, and isnt things suppose to getter better on new models? Not in anyway did i notice this, and even the main service manager said he had NO good feedback on this 09 TL car.

My personal First Takes:

Exterior Side shot looks alright, Kinda like a new Camery, Back looks ugly of course, and front/Grill looks FUGLY (aka fucking ugly) as we all know.

Interior:
Black interior, looked like SHIT! the back seat looks like Dog shit and it looks like Pleather (Plastic leather) as with the front seats just Blah Style to the max! The cup holder trim was that marable wood grain type. The wood grain cup holder looked so dumb with all those slots/cuts for it to slide in its hole, that looked like ass. Going from the tl-s navi to a non navi sucked shit the 09 tl hud looked gay. To much Chrome around the shifter noob and radio controls. The Insterment panel at night my God, I thought i had a flashback acid trip looking at the indicators, as they have blured lines, for christ sake the last thing i want to see when i look down at night is something blury everytime i look at it, WTF!? Blue Led lights were pretty cool tho.

Performance: Performance was similar to my 07-tls but not quite. For the life of me i could not understand and i thought it was a super flaw, when put in sport mode, it will take itself out of sport mode if crusing at a certain speed for more than a few seconds, a HUGE downfall in my eyes Braking isnt anything near the power of the TL-S Brembo 4 pistion calipers.

This was a worthless post. It was rife with profanities, misspellings and awful grammar. Sure I think the new design of the 4G is "controversial" and I have yet to warm to it but I would never take anything you said seriously. From what I have read, the 4G beats the 3G in driving dynamics and technology. The only thing is the aesthetics.

This thread should be locked.

----------------
Listening to: Wax Tailor - How I Feel
via FoxyTunes
Old 04-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Advanced

Personally I think the OP can't afford a 4G TL, and just wants to bitch so in his mind he can justify why he can't get one. There are hundreds of cards to choose from, so if he doesn't really like the 4G TL, go buy something else.

I'd guess the OP is in his teens or early 20s, given the lack of thought and concrete details.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bmode
For those who are new to the forum and are seeking help to make decisions based on which model to go with, please don't go on advice alone, get into a dealer and test drive the rides.
I agree.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
I actually got to test drive the AWD version(or as the salesman stated the type s version) while my battery was being replaced. I was suprised at the performance although my 3G felt it had more power(well its modded too) I test drove it in elk grove so I took it down some backroads and got to open it up. Loved the handling,navi and the stock audio system but didn't like using the paddleshifters. Overall I was impressed with the 4G and there was one on the showroom floor with a bodykit and a colormatched grill..Didn't look bad at all but in the end I felt more at home with my 3G. Also they didn't have ANY 3G type s's and he told me it was rare to find one
Old 04-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts
Angry Hater

Lazer187^^ two words fo ya "Stop Hating" I own a 3rd generation TL also and this summer hope to be joining the 4yh generation gang. I will agree that the fake wood look in th ebase should go but drive a tech package or better yet the sH-AWD model and you will be guranteed to like. I understand the exterior comments but thee is no truth whatsoeve in them I think the exterior is stricking and gets noticed. I understand your feelings you have a fine product bu th enew generation is certainly an improvement because now it looks more luxurious.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts
Everyone eventually like the design of 4G soon. I also love it. ( im also 2008 TL types owner)
Old 04-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Pro

When i look for a car to buy i dont want to be like Ohhh that car doesnt look to good, but maybe i will get use to it. I want to be like Hell yeah that car looks very nice i like it, first Impressions go a long way. Another note i read about the 4g tl with navi is you cant get the lady to stop with the audio directions if you have a route to goto. Kinda inconvienent. Sorry about my spelling im so sorry i misspelled words at 1:30 am... Notice how no one could back up the down falls i noticed on the interior, because you know its true yourself.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:37 PM
I feel strongly both ways

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
When i look for a car to buy i dont want to be like Ohhh that car doesnt look to good, but maybe i will get use to it. I want to be like Hell yeah that car looks very nice i like it, first Impressions go a long way. Another note i read about the 4g tl with navi is you cant get the lady to stop with the audio directions if you have a route to goto. Kinda inconvienent. Sorry about my spelling im so sorry i misspelled words at 1:30 am... Notice how no one could back up the down falls i noticed on the interior, because you know its true yourself.
I'm sorry, I just can't help myself but you should sue the school you graduated from.

I haven't seen more a more bizarre or pathetic use of expressive language since I worked in a school for the developmentally disabled.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:00 PM
AVB for President!

The fact that you could not even properly describe why something is not great except by comparing it to shit, ass, and fuck really does not even help. It would be different if you said something like "I don't like X because it's too big or soft or it's color does not match with the surrounding parts"

And btw, I own a 3G. Maybe we should just all hate on you because you're an ass that is full of fucking shit. Then again, that would not provide a proper reason as to why we feel this way.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PsychDoc
I'm sorry, I just can't help myself but you should sue the school you graduated from.

I haven't seen more a more bizarre or pathetic use of expressive language since I worked in a school for the developmentally disabled.
I am questioning if he even graduated...
Old 04-04-2009, 02:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JeffS
I am questioning if he even graduated...
....not to mention being able to afford a Type-S.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Racer

The interior of the base 4G TL is definitely crap. The interior of the base and tech package are completely different. Before bitchin any further try testing out the Tech model.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

I'm pretty sure, if you keep making those comments, your better off keeping them to yourself.
Once again. +1

I know it's a forum, but we've had enough of this crap already, just by the initial post I knew it was going no where.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

There are 4 interior trim levels: Base,Tech, AWD, and AWD w/ Tech. Before you say the interior is poor, why not trying other ones before cementing your opinions?

Performance... the AWD model will run circles around your type S when it comes to handling. Not opinion, but fact. As for the brakes, I flat out don't believe you. The 09 uses 12.6" fronts (08 TL-S has 12.2) and 13.1" rears (08 TL-S has 11.1"). So you have a better front caliper, but the overall braking system on the 09 is a serious upgrade.

You can turn off the audio directions, I have mine turned off.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Pro

maybe it was a tech package i dont know the difference from a tech to base, i just know it didnt have navi. It did have some sort of Ipod hookup wire tho...

BTW i make around 70k (Union Plumber) a year so i yeah i could afford a 60,000 car, if i wanted too.

But i dont know why im getting attacked here, i was just stating my opinions.

Sorry about my spelling i type about 60 words a mintue and really dont care if i misspell some.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Pro

BTW i make around 70k (Union Plumber) a year so i yeah i could afford a 60,000 car, if i wanted too.
This isn't 2006 anymore.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

maybe it was a tech package i dont know the difference from a tech to base, i just know it didnt have navi. It did have some sort of Ipod hookup wire tho...

But i dont know why im getting attacked here, i was just stating my opinions.
Sorry about my spelling i type about 60 words a mintue and really dont care if i misspell some.
The reason most of us 4G'ers would and are attacking you is because of your delivery method, it wasn't tactful. If you would of rephrased your verbiage when originally posted you might of possibly slid by the backlash of comments. There are dozens of posts with "hating" the 4G that didn't turn into flamewars because they posted level headed and mature comments.

With all the mistakes you actually type about 30 words a minute! Remember typing class, they used to deduct for mistakes! LOL.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by PetesTL
....not to mention being able to afford a Type-S.
I actually see this guy in a civic DX. Not bad of a car
Old 04-04-2009, 09:04 PM
I feel strongly both ways

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Your math and awareness of personal finances is about as impressive as your command of the English language.

What planet do you hail from that you figure one should be able to afford a car that is roughly equal to one's annual gross income?

I guess I should be riding around in a Bentley.

Like I said, consult an attorney to see if you can sue the school you allegedly graduated from.

Just think, in one short period you have pretty well proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that you know nothing about cars, less about finances and even less about how to express yourself.

Bravo.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Pro

Okay since you Higher Educated people cant understand from my miss spelled words, the point i was trying to get across after driving this 09 TL, i can sum it up, so you can understand.

The car is a big failure, especially visual. There are a lot of better cars for that money.

Once again sorry for my misspelled words from my op that you guys seem to focus on, it was 1:30am or so in the morning and i was out that night. I really dont give a shit about my spelling, sorry i didnt write up a professional review for you to read. Is there someone here that can maybe proof read my posts to make sure the grammar and spelling is up to par? Physc Doc can i send all my new forum posts to, you so you can revise it like in school. Meaning i make around 70k doesnt mean that i would buy a 60k car it just means if i wanted one i could have one. And no you dont know my personal finances DOC
Old 04-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

Lazer, just say the car is a big failure, FOR ME!!! (meaning you), and no one can dispute that! Forget about all the other banter, just say it's a failure for me, it looks like crap to me, etc... Is that cool with you? This way we can all move on.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by bmode
Lazer, just say the car is a big failure, FOR ME!!! (meaning you), and no one can dispute that! Forget about all the other banter, just say it's a failure for me, it looks like crap to me, etc... Is that cool with you? This way we can all move on.
NP i thought i made it clear that it was just my opinion.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

You did, sorry. Next time put it in bold for us dummies!
Old 04-05-2009, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by CleanCL
There are 4 interior trim levels: Base,Tech, AWD, and AWD w/ Tech. Before you say the interior is poor, why not trying other ones before cementing your opinions?

Performance... the AWD model will run circles around your type S when it comes to handling. Not opinion, but fact. As for the brakes, I flat out don't believe you. The 09 uses 12.6" fronts (08 TL-S has 12.2) and 13.1" rears (08 TL-S has 11.1"). So you have a better front caliper, but the overall braking system on the 09 is a serious upgrade.

You can turn off the audio directions, I have mine turned off.
+3

None of us are here to bash you because you don't like the TL, but when you start cursing so much to the point when you look like an idiot with no education trying to give a review to a car when you have a plumbing job (that you don't need a college for) and receive a TL-S because it was used and had 200,000 miles on it.

Yea...how does that make you feel? Plumbing?..NP, TL-S...YOUR THE MAN...but to make assumptions based on the cheapest model TL LIKE THAT, makes you look like an idiot. Guess what, 3G TL doesn't have a base model..you have the best model you can get for 3G..your comparing to the worst 4G model? Yea, the base 4G model should be better than the best 3G model...your really smart..

BTW..yea you were right..it is a base model..no NAVI...that means no TECH...which stands for technology...keep your damn plumbing job..you'll never have a smart job.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:44 AM

Mods, please lock this thread. This is completely stupid and turning this forum into what its not suppose to be. No stupid topics just to piss other users off.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:39 AM
Intermediate

This thread is a worthless waste of time created by a 12 year old (Lazer187) posing as an adult or an ignorant adult that failed to get pass the 8th grade. I wish I never read this thread and will do well to forget it.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:05 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts

It may not have a sh**y ass sub, but the ELS in the 3G is inferior to the ELS in the 4G by a mile, I had 5 3G TLs to know and they ALL rattled due to the way the back deck is secured.

I also think you're getting crap from people about the way you presented your opinion. Had you had constuctive opinions they woudl have been better taken. Truct me I don't care for the 4G styling, but they are selling 2500+ cars a month so it is far from a failure. At the 3G peak they did like 5000 cars and considering the economy 2500 is not bad. They still outsell the G sedan every month except one. I still love my AWD ride, it more than makes up for the polarizing looks.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:56 AM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts
I can't believe we are here going back and forth i know I misspelled a lot but forgive me my son was born on Thursday havn't had much rest, but yes there is a serious differance in interior value base vs tech. Remember Acura initially was not going to offer the composite aluminum trim in the base, remember early photos something cheap looking. Still can't argue that no other brand offers more standard for the money than Acura.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:06 AM
Pro

+3

None of us are here to bash you because you don't like the TL, but when you start cursing so much to the point when you look like an idiot with no education trying to give a review to a car when you have a plumbing job (that you don't need a college for) and receive a TL-S because it was used and had 200,000 miles on it.

Yea...how does that make you feel? Plumbing?..NP, TL-S...YOUR THE MAN...but to make assumptions based on the cheapest model TL LIKE THAT, makes you look like an idiot. Guess what, 3G TL doesn't have a base model..you have the best model you can get for 3G..your comparing to the worst 4G model? Yea, the base 4G model should be better than the best 3G model...your really smart..

BTW..yea you were right..it is a base model..no NAVI...that means no TECH...which stands for technology...keep your damn plumbing job..you'll never have a smart job.
Dont need schooling to be a plumber? Try 5 years, boy you see 2007 cars with 200k? wow, i got mine with 16,000 miles. No education? Being a plumber is like being a lawyer, you have to know all the local and state codes to comply by. You would have no clue. Oh yeah and i also have a Associate Degree In Computer Information Systems - Network Specialists.

Iceman i wasnt making false statements like you are shooting at me. Which are untrue. I was giving my Opinion from my experience in the car i drove. Thats all :tonguefaw.

Quick Reply: 07 TL-S Driver TO 09 Base TL overnight Experience feedback :thumbsdow