What's everyone using on your red / black MDX interiors

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2021 | 10:37 AM
Banned

What's everyone using on your red / black MDX interiors

Curious to see what you guys are using to clean and maintain your red leather ultrasuede interiors. My Aspec has a red interior with the black ultrasuede in the middle and the dealer told me not to use any cleaners - just wipe it down with a semi wet cloth and water. I used Meguiars gold class on my old MDX which had a black leather interior. It worked okay but I didnt like the greasy feeling it would leave on the seats.

With kids in the back - Im pretty careful with not letting them eat anything greasy in the car but kids will be kids and I have a feeling that interior is going to need constant maintenance to keep it looking new !
Old 04-12-2021 | 11:03 AM
mrgold35

I have an 19 MDX blue/graystone and 18 RLX red/ebony (no kids at home). I decided to give Ceramic Pro for interiors a try to see how well it protects and see if it helps with interior window haze on hot summer days. It covers the seats, doors, floor/carpet, arm rests, and rear hatch. I just use a ceramic soap and lint free cloth to clean/dust the interior whenever I wash the car (same ceramic soap I use for my ceramic coating). So far, it has been has been working out and the interior stays clean. Window haze is reduced a lot; but, both cars were mostly garage kept because of the lockdown since March/19. Although, I didn't notice a reduced level of window haze when I spend +7 month in San Antonio in the summer/fall in 2019.

Not sure on exact cost since I did PPF/color correction, ceramic coating, Exoshield for front window, and Ceramic Pro interior at the same time (bulk discount).
The following users liked this post:
TypeAcura (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021 | 11:53 AM
mrgold35

Originally Posted by mrgold35
Although, I didn't notice a reduced level of window haze when I spend +7 month in San Antonio in the summer/fall in 2019.
Although, I DID notice a reduced level of window haze when I spend +7 month in San Antonio in the summer/fall in 2019. Is what I meant to type.
Old 04-12-2021 | 02:57 PM
Banned

Although, I DID notice a reduced level of window haze when I spend +7 month in San Antonio in the summer/fall in 2019. Is what I meant to type.
Im on the fence on the cereamic pro - i got a quote from a few people just not sure if I need it - how do you like it ? Think its worth the $ ?

Ive done some research on the interior cleaning products out there - so far it looks like Adam's is pretty highly rated. As long as a product doesent kill the natural leather shine or color - im good.

Old 04-12-2021 | 04:17 PM
mrgold35

I would go for Ceramic Pro exterior if you are planning to keep you vehicle for +100,000 miles and your MDX is a darker color (red/gray/blue/purple/black). Having ceramic pro (or any ceramic coating with PPF) has really locked in that fresh front the factory crystal clear shine. Having PPF+ceramic has really cut down car maintenance cleaning to 30-45 minute hand washes with microfiber as needed. You might have to do a clay bar treatment once a year or longer if you start to get a build-up on top of the PPF/ceramic coating.

I haven't used any other cleaning or conditioning products on the interior other than a lint free cloth with ceramic soap. My 19 MDX was purchased new in March/19 and it still has that new car smell after +22,000 miles. I did the same interior ceramic coating for my 18 RLX hybrid; but, I purchased that CPO in Dec/19 and it didn't have the new car smell. I just worry about that interior window haze with any oil/petroleum based conditioners and being hard to clean the windshield haze free in the +100 degree summers.

I do 100% of the clean myself with similar products you listed above (Adams, Americana Global, XPEL ceramic boost). I don't know how well the interior stuff will hold and protect with young kids and/or pets.
The following users liked this post:
TypeAcura (04-13-2021)
Old 04-12-2021 | 05:57 PM
Drifting

I was skeptical about the alcantara inserts in my 2019 MDX, but it seems to repel liquids and is easy to clean. I hope it stands up but I do like the the grip it provides.
The following 2 users liked this post by BLEXV6:
tecwerks (04-13-2021), TypeAcura (04-13-2021)
Old 04-13-2021 | 01:53 PM
Banned

I would go for Ceramic Pro exterior if you are planning to keep you vehicle for +100,000 miles and your MDX is a darker color (red/gray/blue/purple/black). Having ceramic pro (or any ceramic coating with PPF) has really locked in that fresh front the factory crystal clear shine. Having PPF+ceramic has really cut down car maintenance cleaning to 30-45 minute hand washes with microfiber as needed. You might have to do a clay bar treatment once a year or longer if you start to get a build-up on top of the PPF/ceramic coating.

I haven't used any other cleaning or conditioning products on the interior other than a lint free cloth with ceramic soap. My 19 MDX was purchased new in March/19 and it still has that new car smell after +22,000 miles. I did the same interior ceramic coating for my 18 RLX hybrid; but, I purchased that CPO in Dec/19 and it didn't have the new car smell. I just worry about that interior window haze with any oil/petroleum based conditioners and being hard to clean the windshield haze free in the +100 degree summers.

I do 100% of the clean myself with similar products you listed above (Adams, Americana Global, XPEL ceramic boost). I don't know how well the interior stuff will hold and protect with young kids and/or pets.
This is helpful...thanks!

Adams makes the best products - theyre pricey but worth it imo.

My MDX has a white exterior but I really like the glass like shine it has - being like 4 days new ! Its an all season car for us and we get a decent amount of snow here in Ontario so the ceramic pro may help clean some of the dirt off when washing it and hopefully maintain the shine although ive heard a lot of people saying they get even a better shine with a straight forward wax.

Ceramic on the interior is around 600$+ from a recent quote so with the exterior included im looking at north of 2500 with taxes etc. Pretty steep but then again - if it protects the interior and exterior and maintains the shine then its worth it.