Heading Into The Final Stretch And Crossroads!

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:44 PM
Resurrected Drummer

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts
Heading Into The Final Stretch And Crossroads!

My 22 MDX Advance lease is expiring in August 2024. I have 20,200 Miles on the Clock. In Fathom Blue Pearl with Grey Leather Interior. The MDX has been completely problem free with only a "weird" Gremlin which appears now and then where the Auto Entry and Exit function has hiccups - especially noticed in cold weather. And a Parking Pawl issue which has never been pinpointed at the Dealer. Parking on just the slightest inclines, the MDX will have an abrupt shift into Rear from Park - also intermittently. Overall, I truly enjoy this MDX, reserving the word LOVE for people not Things.- so I really LIKE the MDX. I'm still confounded by the TTIP, but have learned to live with it. Having HUD helps dealing with it.

I have three options available to me :1) Buy it outright now for $38,500 (plus Taxes) ; 2) Extend the Lease @$610 for 6 months [my current monthly], just pay 6 months of sales taxes upfront. This action will reduce the Buyout in January to $35,500; At that same pay rate, and the Future value equates to the a lease rate fo about 3.25%. Then I can keep my cash in a T-Bill for 6 months earning about 5.4% per annum. or 3) Trade the 22 MDX for a newer model (either a 24 or 25) [ a 25 Type S is tempting but will be very expensive]. I have "equity" (which has not been formally determined by any Dealer), of approximately $6-7K based on the CPO Used car MDXs with low miles on various lots at $48-50K. Without actually pricing out a New 25 MDX, I'm figuring with a $66K MSRP, applying the "equity" a new 36 month lease with the nice New Higher Lease rates will come out with a Monthly payment $200 more a month!! I'm strongly considering option 2. That would give me the option to consider a 25 Non Type S or a Type S in the ensuing months later into 2025 or a new 2025 RDX that should be coming out or other Model cars as well. Or just Keep what I have fully paid for. I guess I would need to consider a Extended Warranty since the New Car Warranty will be over.

I'm 72 going on 73, and really don't need a 3 Row SUV, but LIKE the extra room and comfort of the MDX, except for the MPGs. Fun Life Options. Whatta Ya Think?

The following users liked this post:
Rolaur (Today)
Old Today, 06:14 AM
Racer

Received 235 Likes on 147 Posts
I would first go to a couple of dealers to see what they propose is the equity in your current MDX. Likely it would be less than you are hoping for. Also extending your lease will bring you to the end of calendar 2024 and manufacturers and dealers always are pushing for year end sales to meet their goals so the incentives and dealer discount should be better then. I too have had several MDX's that served me very well including a Type S. When it was in the shop I was provided an RDX Advance and had so much fun driving it for a week that I decided a smaller sporty vehicle served my current needs. When visiting a dealer now to get a feel for the equity in your current vehicle, I suggest driving either an Advance or A Spec Advance (which is what I am now currently driving). It may surprise you as much as it did me. I do not miss the MDX at all and parking the RDX is a pleasure compared to the MDX of course!!!

The following users liked this post:
Almatti (Today)
Old Today, 09:42 AM
Resurrected Drummer

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts
That is My Thinking too.... PS: How has the MPGs been with your A-Spec Advance RDX? I would expect that at least in City (Suburban) driving that it would be better than the MDX (getting maybe 13.5-14 MPGs in Normal Mode with Premium gas as Real Numbers).