Cargo Cover Installation

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2021, 01:35 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cargo Cover Installation

Hey guys

is there a place where I can find how to install the cargo cover?
Old 06-30-2021, 03:13 PM
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
Hi. Mine didn't have instructions either and that Honda site it says to go to was not up and running.

HOWEVER SUPER EASY!!! No screws like the past few years that I saw.

I have the Advance....so, there are 2 plastic tabs near the 3rd row seat.....take a flat head screwdriver and softly pop them out. One on left and one on right side.

VOILA! Those are the 2 holes that you need to squeeze your cargo cover ends into and then it holds in place.

The other weird hooks are to actually attach to the second row head rest bars....I don't like them attached, so I let those hang for now.

NO SCREWS and feeling around for holes that you have to drill into....just 2 plastic tabs to pop out. Took me 10 min b/c I was trying to watch a video and the Acura guy that dropped off the cover for me told me there were holes to drill...must have been the past few years. No screws were in my kit, so I realized no drilling necessary.....in fact, installation was the same as my 2008 MDX cargo cover.
Old 07-01-2021, 06:02 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any chance you can post some photos on the installed one? I bought one from one of the OEM sites and not really sure if it’s the correct one or not :/

Originally Posted by jmt4m
Hi. Mine didn't have instructions either and that Honda site it says to go to was not up and running.

HOWEVER SUPER EASY!!! No screws like the past few years that I saw.

I have the Advance....so, there are 2 plastic tabs near the 3rd row seat.....take a flat head screwdriver and softly pop them out. One on left and one on right side.

VOILA! Those are the 2 holes that you need to squeeze your cargo cover ends into and then it holds in place.

The other weird hooks are to actually attach to the second row head rest bars....I don't like them attached, so I let those hang for now.

NO SCREWS and feeling around for holes that you have to drill into....just 2 plastic tabs to pop out. Took me 10 min b/c I was trying to watch a video and the Acura guy that dropped off the cover for me told me there were holes to drill...must have been the past few years. No screws were in my kit, so I realized no drilling necessary.....in fact, installation was the same as my 2008 MDX cargo cover.
Old 07-01-2021, 10:09 PM
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Here it is.

http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/BII16037-23.PDF