Yokahoma Yk520

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yokahoma Yk520

I have 35k on my TL, and the stock Pilot Sports were bald. Mainly the drivers side, and the dealer checked it out and said its due to "hard cornering" I guess 35k is good for that tire, anyone have any better luck?

At $272 a tire I decided I would try another tire. I shopped around and found everything pretty high, at least $200 and above.

I have always been annoyed with the way the car pulls to the left or right in the ruts of the roads around here. I wanted to try and get rid of this problem, and the guy at Discount tire said you cant get that out of the TL because the wheels and tires are so wide, and going wider would only make this problem worse.

I found good reviews on the YK520. I was apprehensive because of the brand and the price. I didn’t think it was a good idea, but the people that had written reviews loved the tire. Also he recommended it over anything else in that price range.

I was concerned that it is rated at 149MPH and is a 520 tire. I was worried I would lose my sticky corning capabilities. And I don’t drive that fast, so I decided to go ahead and try the tires out. I asked if I could return them if I hated them, and he said you will love those tires, and wont want to return them.

So I drove off and immediately noticed a difference, I found it much easier to control the car, and the car did not wander like before. Also I noticed that the road noise had been reduced immensely. I decided to try out some hard corners getting on and off the freeway, much better then the Pilot Sports, I noticed right away that the handling has improved. Also I noticed that they are wider then the Pilot Sports, so that makes me happy because I was always annoyed by the stretched look of tires.

Well worth the money, and I recommend these tires to anyone that doesn’t want to spend an arm and a leg, and end up with bald tires in a year or two. I know that you guys all try and use different tires. I previously had a set of Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus tires on a VW that I loved those tires, and they are not speed rated as high, so thus they don’t come in the TL size, and I would have put those on if I could have. Anyway, I recommend this tire its a huge improvement. I think the car drives better then when it was new.

Morgan