Wow, I'm clueless... what suspension parts do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 02:45 PM
Cold Racketeer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Wow, I'm clueless... what suspension parts do I need?

It's been years since I put Koni yellow shocks and Eibach pro springs on my '05 TL, and they didn't hold up very well. It's now it's a creaky, squeaky bottoming-out mess. None of the shops I have asked can figure out what is causing the noise (it gets worse when the car has been driven for quite a while), but I have to assume it's mostly due to the suspension since the car is also bottoming out and when I hear the noise it is always over bumps and dips.

Somehow, I lost the original OEM suspension parts that were removed (don't ask me how... I've looked high and low)

I want to go back to something comfortable and quiet for the remainder of the car's life... so as close to OEM as possible is fine - don't need or want lowering or adjustability. A touch of lowering is fine but I'm not looking for over an inch.

I did a bunch of googling and it seems like I want KYB struts... good, cheap OEM replacements... so I get that... but what else do I need to order? I assume I need new springs to remove the drop and get back to normal with the KYB struts... but I haven't seen any good info on what springs to buy for these struts.

Also, what other parts do I need to make sure things are in good working order? KYB strut mount kit? Any bushings I should get while I am at it? Trying to do this cheaply but also make sure the wear items or anything removed from the stock suspension are replaced.

I could probably walk into Sears and get all this answered, but I wanted the Acurazine opinion so I don't get ripped off.

Last edited by tzakiel; 10-15-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 93 Posts
Just buy the aspec kit and be done with it. no worrying about matching parts and it comes complete and is cheaper than anything you could cobble together anyways.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:52 PM
6SPEED FEVER

Received 119 Likes on 97 Posts
Slap tokico shocks on and you should be fine...you can still use your eibach springs