Who has the best prices for wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 12:11 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who has the best prices for wheels?

Okay, well I'm gonna go to my local America's tire on Wednesday and try out some wheels and probably order them that day. From what I've read, they are pretty good about meeting online prices. So, in preparation for my bargaining, who has the best prices online? So far, I know of Discount Tire Direct, Wheelmax, and Whalen Tire... any other ones to check out?

much thanks,
UCLAtl
Old 07-01-2002, 01:26 AM
Burning Brakes

What kind of wheels do you want???
Old 07-01-2002, 04:10 PM
Racer

Post Best price?

FYI Discount tires and America Tires are owned by the same Company....so there shouldn't be a problem with them matching each other...

I bought my tires and rims for my suburban at American tires....and I can tell you first hand they will match your best price.

I looked through various truck mags to find the best price on Bunick Pentacles. Got my best price knocked off a few dollars and American Tire matched it.

Just be prepared with who gave you the price...cuz they will ask.
Old 07-01-2002, 08:30 PM
Instructor

I'm gonna be checking out either Konig Verdict, Konig Tantrum, or Nakayama Phantom. I wish I had money for some nice Zaubers or Bersaglios, which I would definitely get from ValueTL, but I figure America's Tire will be able to get these more common brands pretty quickly.

Hopefully, in a couple years, I will be upgrading my wheels to some bling blings... but for now, I'll settle with the knockoffs.

UCLAtl
Old 07-01-2002, 08:45 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by UCLAtl
I'm gonna be checking out either Konig Verdict, Konig Tantrum, or Nakayama Phantom. I wish I had money for some nice Zaubers or Bersaglios, which I would definitely get from ValueTL, but I figure America's Tire will be able to get these more common brands pretty quickly.

Hopefully, in a couple years, I will be upgrading my wheels to some bling blings... but for now, I'll settle with the knockoffs.

UCLAtl

What size wheels are you looking for?
Old 07-01-2002, 11:46 PM
I shoot people

Received 3,056 Likes on 1,482 Posts
...a little story about America's Tire

About 3 weeks ago... I got a flat on my way to Santa Monica (I'm in Dana Point, South Orange County). Knowing that there was a America's Tire store about 4 miles away, I asked the road side assistance to tow it there (it was one of those flat bed tow trucks, thank God!). Anyway, I have 235/35/19 Nitto NT-555, which they didn't have nor did they have anything that size, but they called around and was able to get me 2 Yokohama AVS-Sport, even though I just needed one for the mean time.

Anyway, they charged me $315 installed/balanced, which was high, but it was an emergency... Anyway, the guy told me that he'll have the other tire if I need it later... cause my front left tire was getting real old... and probably about to blow.

So, last week, I called the guy up and lied to him telling him that I have a "hook up" in Anaheim for the same tire at $265 installed/balanced at Wheel Warehouse, but I didn't really want to drive all the way up there (about 30 minutes). so, I asked him if he'll "work with me" on the price... Without calling anywhere to confirm about the $265 price, he matched it... One Yokohama AVS-Sport at 235/35/19 installed/balanced at $265 is NOT bad at all...

The point is... he matched the price without calling anywhere to confirm. He just took my word for it.

BTW, try this site... click below They are in another state (don't know where, all I know is, they NOT in Cali.), so NO TAXES! They'll beat anyone's prices too, and I think they'll even wave the shipping charges.

http://www.skperformance.com/WHEELS/konig%20price.htm
Old 07-02-2002, 10:59 AM
Instructor

Thanks for the website... they have pretty good prices. I'll use all these resources when bargaining for a good price. But from what I hear, America's Tire is a good place to go since they have good prices to start off with.

Oh btw, I'm lookin to get 18" rims w/ 225/40/18 tires.

UCLAtl
Old 07-02-2002, 11:01 AM
Original Member #81

I work for Discount Tire Co. The same as America's Tire Co. in California. We do match any price, but if it's over a certain $ difference we do call. As for the other company you stated that "Waives shipping...." Discount Tire Direct does not charge you shipping at all.....But when you buy a tire from us we rebalance them for the life of the tire for FREE and it's a pain to dynamic balance an aftermarket wheel with tape weights....and if you want a great balance ask them to Force Variance the wheels for an additional charge......