AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL Tires, Wheels & Suspension (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-tires-wheels-suspension-97/)
-   -   What's the cheapest tires for an 08 TL Base (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-tires-wheels-suspension-97/whats-cheapest-tires-08-tl-base-981981/)

hix96 08-25-2019 07:29 PM

What's the cheapest tires for an 08 TL Base

Just out of curiosity. Trying to figure out purchasing tires/rims also winter tires. What's the easiest/cheapest size to find that will fit????

Cheers,
Adam

Jackass 08-25-2019 07:38 PM

Cheap....find 16" steelies from the Accord and put cheap winter tires on. Watch CL and/or the marketplace for others selling their OE rims. There are gobs and gobs of options and answers to such a generic question. All depends on how much work you want to put into it, or just want to go order from a site and call it good.

I picked up a set of Chrome OE 17" rims from the marketplace and put a set of Pirelli Sotozero 3 on for winter. Not cheap, but not stupid expensive and met my requirements.

hix96 08-25-2019 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jackass (Post 16470944)
Cheap....find 16" steelies from the Accord and put cheap winter tires on. Watch CL and/or the marketplace for others selling their OE rims. There are gobs and gobs of options and answers to such a generic question. All depends on how much work you want to put into it, or just want to go order from a site and call it good.

I picked up a set of Chrome OE 17" rims from the marketplace and put a set of Pirelli Sotozero 3 on for winter. Not cheap, but not stupid expensive and met my requirements.

Okay, I usually browse around the local selling sites and such. I'm just so brand new to TL's coming from a mustang I'm not sure what's necessary, (ex. having ZR rated tires). Also I need to think of some nice rims that will fit a silver TL well. I find that silver is a hard colour for me to match things with. But thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

Jackass 08-25-2019 08:51 PM

What is necessary is up to you and what you want. Some people run A/S all year. Some run summer tires and winter tires. Some run narrow winters while other run the normal width. Really depends on what you are trying to accomplish. I run the standard 235/45/R17 tires for both summer and winter tires. My previous "summer" (technically all-seasons) tires were H rated with no complaints. My current summer tires still technically all-seasons, but cater more to dry/wet performance than snow/ice. I don't flog my car hard and didn't want to take the cold and/or wet weather performance hits that traditional summer only tires come with. I wanted smooth, quiet, and decent tread life, and went looking for what what seemed to meet those requirements.

Asking what is best for tires will lead you down a major rabbit hole on the forums. Everyone has an opinion on what works for them....but may not work for you. I would start looking on tirerack.com at the various reviews there to compare user reviews alongside with some of their actual test track results.