What would YOU do? Change out Type S wheels for RonJon Insyres?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 10:55 PM
-Arsenic-

Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by rondog
I appreciate your opinion, really, but please, stop knocking my company in every damn thread, people obviously like em, and you dissing my wheels is like calling my kids ugly. Now that ain't nice, is it? We get your point, now your beating a dead horse (in your book).

I'm in working on making more options available for the Acura vehicles, but it takes time since the wheels onbly sell to Acuras and a few Hondas (unlike the universal fitment, mass distributed TSW wheels), so the tooling fees need to be gradually payed off over a longer period of time. Also, we only sell our wheels to select Acura and Honda Dealerships and direct to customers, so we don't flood the market and whore out dozens of sets of wheels like the rest of the industry.
Seeing those wheels on every 3g TL is beating a dead horse.

I'm not "knocking" your company. Just the Inspyres. They are played out HORRIBLY on here. I have an opinion, and I am going to give it when someone asks. Its a forum, thats what we do here.

And about my TSWs, I really don't care if they are mass produced or not. You know how many TLs have those wheels? Counting me, I have found 3. 1 3g and one more 2g, that are both relatively stock otherwise. I was the first 2g to get the 19 inch Thruxtons to clear with slammed suspension. (low offset). I love originality, and stuff you don't see a lot of. My next set of wheels I have only seen on 1 other car, and they were in a different size. Its just personal opinion man, I wasn't bashing your company. I just wish some people on here would branch out a little more.

On a lighter note, I actually like most of your products. The Legend IIs are fucking sick. And without RonJon, the CL would be NOTHING like what it is today. You guys made the market for that car SO much bigger. (I would still kill for your doorsill plates for my 2g TL-S). I'm sorry if I offended you, I'm just sick of seeing the same thing over and over and over.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:07 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
Hmmm, funny. I have seen, with my own eyes, out of *hundreds* of 2G and 3G TL's, EXACTLY 1 with Inspyres.

Of course you see a lot *on here*, the guy is a sight vendor making wheels SPECIFICALLY for TL's and enthusiast owners. And doing so early in the life of the car and with good quality at a good price. :duh:

I guess the Progress RSB, Tein Coil-Overs and Greddy exhausts are played out too? Just a little too common for you?
Old 07-08-2008, 11:17 PM
iScrape going into

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bearcat94
Hmmm, funny. I have seen, with my own eyes, out of *hundreds* of 2G and 3G TL's, EXACTLY 1 with Inspyres.

Of course you see a lot *on here*, the guy is a sight vendor making wheels SPECIFICALLY for TL's and enthusiast owners. And doing so early in the life of the car and with good quality at a good price. :duh:

I guess the Progress RSB, Tein Coil-Overs and Greddy exhausts are played out too? Just a little too common for you?
He is more stating with so many different manufactuers out there that provide wheels for Acuras including the TL, why limit yourself to a wheel that a majority of people have on this site. You can't compare rsb, or coilovers, or exhausts for the tl. Where there are not many manufactuers out there like there are wheel companies who makes wheels for the tl's let alone for acuras. Two different ball games. There are not that many companies out there that makes alot of rsb, or coilovers or exhausts for the tl. There are hundreds of different wheel companies/brands/styles that are out there.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:22 PM
F-SPORT

Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts
If you do stick with the type s wheels do like what a couple of people are doing. Paint them black and outline them blue or red like a couple of type s's i see on AZ. As for me i went with RJ legends and in 18's because i am not dropped yet, but when i do i will upgrade to 19's. Around where i am when people see these RJ legends people would assume that it is factory wheels. RJ makes wheels that are specifically made to fit Acura's and honda's. Just my two pennys, good luck with what you choose!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:16 AM
Starcraft II addict

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts
Hey Steven, been a while! Here in another month we are going to have some planning to do if not a happy hour before then!

Ok now for my . I don't like the look of the inspyres at all. Now I do have to admit that the Raven Black ones did catch my eye when I first say them on a NBP, but even then the ravens look a little to 2 dimensional for my taste. I typically hate mesh style wheels as well, but I have to admit that RJ did an excellent job on the Legends as they are the first mesh wheel that I thought looked good. Remember the Honda parked next to me at the May meet? He had the new Devotions on his car. Those really caught my eye, but then I remember looking up the price tag and saw that I could get a set of Volk SF Challenges or GT-S for around the same price (give or take a few hundred). It all comes down to your taste and what you are willing to shell out.

However if you go with RJ wheels, I think the liquid graphite will look good on your car.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:48 AM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol. give her a grand for the house you take a grand spend it on lowering springs and a cai and you still should have some gas money left over lol.. if i had a type s ill keep the rims they look hot..
Old 07-09-2008, 06:53 AM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Received 99 Likes on 91 Posts
RJs FTMFW!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:20 AM
Race Director

Received 277 Likes on 161 Posts
^^^ I've been debating with this forever... and I'm sticking with OEM for now.

They look pretty nice on my WDP, plus I don't fear potholes. And, only Aziners will call them ugly...the rest of the world compliments me, when I tell them it's stock...they are surprised.. Keep em clean and shining....they'll do the trick.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i bought a set of type s rims just to have for when i bring the car to acura, so no one can say that anything broke because of the aftermarket rj rims...and i love em...u just know its a type s because of them.... imo the stock rims on the type look dope....but if u can afford rj's y not go for em.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Buda
Hey Steven, been a while! Here in another month we are going to have some planning to do if not a happy hour before then!

Ok now for my . I don't like the look of the inspyres at all. Now I do have to admit that the Raven Black ones did catch my eye when I first say them on a NBP, but even then the ravens look a little to 2 dimensional for my taste. I typically hate mesh style wheels as well, but I have to admit that RJ did an excellent job on the Legends as they are the first mesh wheel that I thought looked good. Remember the Honda parked next to me at the May meet? He had the new Devotions on his car. Those really caught my eye, but then I remember looking up the price tag and saw that I could get a set of Volk SF Challenges or GT-S for around the same price (give or take a few hundred). It all comes down to your taste and what you are willing to shell out.

However if you go with RJ wheels, I think the liquid graphite will look good on your car.

Hey Buda...it's good to see you on the site again! How is your knee? We'll definately have to get together for a Happy Hour. We'll have to meet at Houlihan's at Oak Park-they have $5.00 appetizers everyday from 5-7pm.

I do remember the car parked next to you at the meet with the Legends. They DID look HOT. And it's ironic that you mentioned Volks..those are the only other wheels that caught my eye for a ASM Type S.

If I do decide to pull the trigger on this, I think I'll go with the 18's.

Balla...I agree with you for the MFW !!!

Tripn...that's what another good friend said about the "honeycomb" wheels. You just know it's a Type S with these wheels.

ac08odl...LOL-great suggestion. I wish it was that easy, my friend.

Guys, I was talking to a friend at work this afternoon. He said I have THE nicest car in our parking lot, which includes 3 other base TL's and a Corvette. Then I showed him the RonJon site with the picture of the ASM TL with the Inspyres AND the body kit. He LOVED it...now he is REALLY encouraging me to do the whole thing...both wheels and body kit. Now I just need $4,000 for the body kit, wheels plus new tires and painting the body kit.

Buda...are you up to installing an entire RonJon body kit???
Old 07-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 77 Posts
hope this helps

Old 07-10-2008, 12:47 AM
Starcraft II addict

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Hey Buda...it's good to see you on the site again! How is your knee? We'll definately have to get together for a Happy Hour. We'll have to meet at Houlihan's at Oak Park-they have $5.00 appetizers everyday from 5-7pm.

I do remember the car parked next to you at the meet with the Legends. They DID look HOT. And it's ironic that you mentioned Volks..those are the only other wheels that caught my eye for a ASM Type S.

If I do decide to pull the trigger on this, I think I'll go with the 18's.

Balla...I agree with you for the MFW !!!

Tripn...that's what another good friend said about the "honeycomb" wheels. You just know it's a Type S with these wheels.

ac08odl...LOL-great suggestion. I wish it was that easy, my friend.

Guys, I was talking to a friend at work this afternoon. He said I have THE nicest car in our parking lot, which includes 3 other base TL's and a Corvette. Then I showed him the RonJon site with the picture of the ASM TL with the Inspyres AND the body kit. He LOVED it...now he is REALLY encouraging me to do the whole thing...both wheels and body kit. Now I just need $4,000 for the body kit, wheels plus new tires and painting the body kit.

Buda...are you up to installing an entire RonJon body kit???
I'd be up for it but we won't have the right tools. You'll need to buy the RonJon Kit unpainted so that you can ensure the paint job is a proper match for your car. Also the kit doesn't fit perfect it requires some sanding at the joints for a proper fit. This is done on purpose as there will be some variation from car to car for fitment. The paint shop will need to get fitment done before painting it. I can help install it afterwards though if you don't have the shop slap it on. Did you get the CAI?

My knee is recovering well from the surgery. I'm probably doing a little more than I should be at this point. For some reason going to open gym and throwing cheerleaders up in the air is a hard habit to break. Can you blame me?

$5 appetizers and a big parking lot nearby. Works for me? I'll get something put up in the meets thread this weekend.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:34 AM
Safety Car

Brian dont forget these...lol

Old 07-10-2008, 09:32 AM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Get the RJ Inspyres man......Those wheels speak for themselves...and for it being played out...hmmm...WHERE? on Acurazine who gives a shit....majority of the TLs on this site look alikee and.....Now driving on the streets nobody knows what kind of wheels those are and you do not see any other TLs with it. I recieve so many compliments on those wheels already man..

Thats liquid silver in 19
Old 07-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Race Director

Brian, do you get pulled over for the license plate?????????
Old 07-10-2008, 09:48 AM
Safety Car

tek i dont think u can get in trouble for that as long as its on the front bumper.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Race Director

Are you sure?!?!? I'll do this tonight!

(I'll forward the tickets to you )
Old 07-10-2008, 10:06 AM
Safety Car

lol.... im pretty sure if its in ur window they'll give u a ticket for improper plate display....but anywhere on the bumper should be ok the mitsu evos have them stock on the side like brian does....dont see why u cant.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:16 PM
-Arsenic-

Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearcat94
Yes thats exactly it. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Originally Posted by Distorted Reality

He is more stating with so many different manufactuers out there that provide wheels for Acuras including the TL, why limit yourself to a wheel that a majority of people have on this site. You can't compare rsb, or coilovers, or exhausts for the tl. Where there are not many manufactuers out there like there are wheel companies who makes wheels for the tl's let alone for acuras. Two different ball games. There are not that many companies out there that makes alot of rsb, or coilovers or exhausts for the tl. There are hundreds of different wheel companies/brands/styles that are out there.
Thank you
Old 07-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey Ramrod...what happened to your Avatar? Where's the puppy?

With your first name, I thought you'd be happy with my new avatar!
Old 07-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Ramrodthrusterpuppy
With your first name, I thought you'd be happy with my new avatar!
True-he's definately an icon...but I always smiled when I saw that "thing" that was your Avatar.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:32 PM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 130 Posts
Legend or Legend II with the awesome lip.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Team Owner

I'm seeing the Falken 912's for $117/tire or $468 shipped with free delivery on www.discounttiredirect.com (The 245/40/18's)

The Satin Silver Metallic RonJon Insypres for $260 each for $1,040 for 4 wheels. What else do you need? What about the TPMS?
Old 07-11-2008, 08:18 AM
Safety Car

u take the sensors out from the type s rim and put them in the new one. i dont know if they have double sided tape on them to hold them securely to the rim or if they are strictly screwed down from the outside and it hold them still.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The TPMS have a threaded sleeve that goes over the stem to secure it.....should work. You just have to make sure that the body of the TPMS seats snugly inside the rim.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Team Owner

I'm seeing the Falken 912's for $117/tire or $468 shipped with free delivery on www.discounttiredirect.com (The 245/40/18's)

The Satin Silver Metallic RonJon Insypres for $260 each for $1,040 for 4 wheels. What else do you need? What about the TPMS?

PS: The $117 per tire for the Falkens includes a $16.50 (per tire) "Certificate for Free Tire Replacement" for 3 years. I the extra $16.50 worth it?