What color are these rims?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 06:30 PM
Ruben T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What color are these rims?

Anyone know where to get these exact grey A Spec rims? (Not silver)
Old 03-07-2017, 06:54 PM
Andrew

Received 532 Likes on 314 Posts
Originally Posted by Ruben Tahsoh

Anyone know where to get these exact grey A Spec rims? (Not silver)
These are the ultra-rare, 2004 only 18 x 8.5 wheels in gunmetal. They were only made 1 year that color, and that width (the newer ones are 8" wide, and either Chrome Look, Satin, or Sparkle). They come up for sale from time to time, but they are usually beat up. The nice ones come up even more rarely, and can be had for $1200 a set usually. Happy hunting.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:00 PM
Andrew

Actually, now that I look at them, the color may not be stock. This is the stock color, look at how the center-cap matches, and the one in the pic above does not (but it still may be the stock wheel color, just not the stock center-cap color). These wheels are getting old, and a lot of them have been refinished.

Also, you can tell the wheel at the top is an '04 that's 8.5" wide because of the lip (or lack thereof). Look at the pic below, the wheel in the back is the '04 wheel with no lip, the one in front is newer (sparkle finish), and 8" wide. Notice the lip on the newer wheel.

The following users liked this post:
sockr1 (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 07:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Originally Posted by VisualEchos
Actually, now that I look at them, the color may not be stock. This is the stock color, look at how the center-cap matches, and the one in the pic above does not (but it still may be the stock wheel color, just not the stock center-cap color). These wheels are getting old, and a lot of them have been refinished.

Also, you can tell the wheel at the top is an '04 that's 8.5" wide because of the lip (or lack thereof). Look at the pic below, the wheel in the back is the '04 wheel with no lip, the one in front is newer (sparkle finish), and 8" wide. Notice the lip on the newer wheel.

If they would only get more car enthusists as crime scene detectives..lol
The following users liked this post:
VisualEchos (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 07:22 PM
Andrew

Originally Posted by RDX10
If they would only get more car enthusists as crime scene detectives..lol
Haha, yeah. Well, you know, when I first came to this board there were all sorts of things written wrong about these wheels, and I was confused as hell. It took me a month to sort it all out.

In all honesty, I wish I could go back and just edit all the wheel posts that are wrong, it'd help a lot with searches. But I'm sure they won't allow me to do that, so people doing searches be confused for all time.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Haha, yeah. Well, you know, when I first came to this board there were all sorts of things written wrong about these wheels, and I was confused as hell. It took me a month to sort it all out.

In all honesty, I wish I could go back and just edit all the wheel posts that are wrong, it'd help a lot with searches. But I'm sure they won't allow me to do that, so people doing searches be confused for all time.
haha I get you man. Issues like this tend to pop up A LOT when automakers make a bunch of changes to a model and sometimes multiple changes within a year it gets confusing. For example I just purchased a 2012 Kia Sorento SX and when the sorento first came out for 2011 they came with chrome 10 spoke wheels for all trims, this changed to satin 10 spoke for the middle trim after a few months but remained chrome for the SX models only, then in 2012 the chrome wheels remained for the SX but the mid trim got a new 5 spoke satin finish wheel. They also temporarily offered a 2-tone interior so now I can tell an early from late build 2011 from a 2012, from a 2013 but most people will not. These kinda changes are funny.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:27 PM
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 95 Posts
I was going through A-spec wheel posts and came across the thread of those wheels in the picture. That is not the factory color, he had one customized.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:14 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts

lol I can edit text.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:11 PM
Andrew

Originally Posted by justnspace
lol I can edit text.
Yeah, but you don't know what I know. hahaha