TL-S front SWB and Progress Rear SWB

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 10:30 AM
MI6
Great Northerner

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
TL-S front SWB and Progress Rear SWB

I have an 06' 5at base TL which I just installed Koni Yellows on. They're pretty bad a$$ but I'm still not happy with body roll (for obvious reasons the Koni's aren't going to solve this problem completely).

I've searched the forums quite a bit on the forums and it seems the consensus is to upgrade the front sway bar to the TL-S bar and the rear sway bar to a "Progress" sway bar. But that's my problem. I can't find anything on what SIZE Progress rear sway bar I need.

Also, while everything is pulled apart does anyone have suggestions on what else I should install, like polyurethane (not sure if I got that right--I think you use that to paint wood) bushings?

Can you buy complete sets for both front and rear? Lot of brands out there but I've used Energy Suspension in the past. Any other suggestions are definitely appreciated.

Would (or should) I get new sway bar links? If so, OEM with pressed bushings put in or some kind of adjustable links? Any brand in particular?

Sorry for all the questions: I'm used to a RWD BMW and am new to FWD cars. So far, even with the yellow Koni's, I can't keep body roll under control.

FWIW I don't care about my teeth rattling out of my head. I love a car with sick handling. Handling first, then power. Or so Colin Chapman from Lotus. Something like that.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,753 Likes on 6,750 Posts
I thought Progress only made 24mm RSBs..
Old 01-27-2017, 10:51 AM
MI6
Great Northerner

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Okay thanks man.

BTW I never did anything with the side to side adjustments to the headlights 😅
Old 01-27-2017, 10:56 AM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
yeah, it's only one progress bar...the 24mm one