TL with coilovers on 20s

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 10:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
TL with coilovers on 20s

Hey Im new to the forum. I'll be getting my TL in a few weeks. The only mod that it has is the Tein lowering springs. What are your opinions about about having Tein coilovers lowered with lightweight 20s? How much can the car be dropped when it's sitting on 20s? Is it even possible and will the wheels rub against the fenders? Also will performance drop dramatically? Would i be better off with 19s to keep better performance?
Old 08-02-2006, 10:05 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright, if your white, I wouldnt reccomend that, Not being racial just your going to be making your ride look....... you know.... just that look. If your looking for a good clean look. Get yourself a pair of 19" rims. Drop kit springs (MUCH LESS $$) 175$ Tein drop kit springs H-Tech to be exact, and i would reccomend the rims i purchased. Iforged FS Trial glossed black. Paid 3 grand alone for the rims tho. They will not rub. Get 40+ offset. If you go with 20's u HAVE TO HAVE 40+ offset and it wont rub and u wont need to roll the fenders. You can do your own little setup tho. Tires go with 235/35/19. Have a nice day. bye.

- Brian
Old 08-02-2006, 10:24 PM
I've been Canonized ;)

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Ok...I saw the humor in that

HQTL6SPD: Do what you want.........because it's what you want!!
Old 08-02-2006, 10:30 PM
Racer

i think 20's look awesome if you know how to do it right. a few days ago imet up with K-Shawn and i checked out his tl and boy was it nice. he had a perfect drop on coilovers and the rims looked awesome with it. a few other members here did 20 inches and it looks nice imo. i dont think it has to do with weather you are white or not. im a middleeastern and i hope to be puttin 20 inch rims with coilovers. we seriously need to stop with these ignorant remarks that people are writing about certain groups.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:42 PM
Instructor

I think the 20's are too big on a TL. I personally am rolling on 19's with 235/35/19 tires with a TEIN Super Street 1.5" drop and it is perfect. No rubbing! But if you like the 20's go for it!
Old 08-02-2006, 10:45 PM
B A N N E D

Ignorant remarks? its just the style of life retard. like with the escalades... if u cant agree with me there.. then we have problems definatly. And btw I said its not a racial thing, its just how dey like to roll... retard
Old 08-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by holybear
Ignorant remarks? its just the style of life retard. like with the escalades... if u cant agree with me there.. then we have problems definatly. And btw I said its not a racial thing, its just how dey like to roll... retard
well holybear i hope you feel better now after you called me a "retard". im not going to stoop to your level and start with the name calling. all im saying is that there was no need to say that if your white than dont get them, if the guy likes the 20's let him get it. hes just asking if he was going to rub on the tires. not even trying to be mean or anything, but learn some respect and try to talk like an adult. im just saying it for your own good, not to offend you.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:05 PM
From Boost to Luxury

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
holybear-
wow your 16, drive an 06 TL and planning on getting I-forged wheels. Parents must be rich, congrats. But it is true what you said could have been taken the wrong way. Just be careful how you word things.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:17 AM
VS#03

Originally Posted by imrantl
well holybear i hope you feel better now after you called me a "retard". im not going to stoop to your level and start with the name calling. all im saying is that there was no need to say that if your white than dont get them, if the guy likes the 20's let him get it. hes just asking if he was going to rub on the tires. not even trying to be mean or anything, but learn some respect and try to talk like an adult. im just saying it for your own good, not to offend you.
Sorry I didn't get back with you yesterday.....consume my whole day with the B.S. as you can see. I'll call you or meet up today.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:21 AM
VS#03

Originally Posted by HQTL6SPD
Hey Im new to the forum. I'll be getting my TL in a few weeks. The only mod that it has is the Tein lowering springs. What are your opinions about about having Tein coilovers lowered with lightweight 20s? How much can the car be dropped when it's sitting on 20s? Is it even possible and will the wheels rub against the fenders? Also will performance drop dramatically? Would i be better off with 19s to keep better performance?
My parents live in NewHempstead.....if you're close by, you can check out the ride.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:07 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by K-Shawn
Sorry I didn't get back with you yesterday.....consume my whole day with the B.S. as you can see. I'll call you or meet up today.
lol yeh kshawn i saw what was going on, yeh definietly hit me up again so we can meet up.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

basically what i wanna do is give the car a similar look to the m3's. i'd only go for rims with a polished lip- no chrome! my car is silver (grey leather), so basically im keeping a clean overall silver look with the car (don't worry holybear my car wont look ugly)... i'm the kind of guy who thinks outside the box, so while people buy all the same parts and their cars look alike, i go and make up my own unique style. unfortunatly since the car put a phat dent in my pocket, everyone will have to just wait a while and see....
Old 08-04-2006, 05:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

My parents live in NewHempstead.....if you're close by, you can check out the ride.
oh, so does the car have coilovers and a set of 19s or 20s?
Old 08-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Burning Brakes

oh, so does the car have coilovers and a set of 19s or 20s?

Do a search and type in Hot rrp tl or Donz Wheels. It will be the rrp tl with black wheels. It is pretty nice
Old 08-05-2006, 12:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

i googled that, no results....
Old 08-05-2006, 01:12 PM
B A N N E D

Alright... your gettin the wrong idea outta my parents..... i work 5 days a week 9 hours a day over the summer and all taht $$ goes straight to my parents for everything... during the skewl year I work after class and I get about 4 hours in a day..... that all goes straight ot my parents.... and my parents do have a little but of money but i work mya ss off to get them the $$ back. I work highway construction and some job sights for a restoration company thats called Mark 1 Restoration out here in chicago, IL. I am payin for the rims and the tires and the coilovers... everything... Now I plan on going to college and doing everything else I have to do to become successfull in life so im not just some square that nibbles off my parents cash....
Old 08-05-2006, 04:04 PM
Racer

definietly check out kshawns ride, its worth the time. the 20's look really nice and not "ghetto".
Old 08-05-2006, 06:43 PM
Burning Brakes

i googled that, no results....
Do the search on Acurazine
Old 08-10-2006, 01:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

here are some new questions: if i were to get the tein basics, would i need to worry about uneven tire wear? also would i need a camber kit to solve that problem? or am i just better off with going with the tein ss and efdc controller set up?
Old 08-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

You can check this thread
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117535
Old 08-10-2006, 03:38 PM
Told Ya'LL...DYNASTY !!

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by holybear
i dont think anyone has any idea what your talking about man, so before you dig yourself into a hole you wont be able to crawl out of id just stop there... he simply asked a simple question about rubbing issues, no need to go any further.

also HQ, id consider the fact that your gonna be driving around these new york streets, 20" rims leave little room for tire....

smaller sidewall + NY Pothole = no bueno

ive had a hard enough time keepin my 19" from being destroyed, this summer alone ive destroyed 3 rims on these ungodly pits they leave in the road, (2 last night on the LIE coming home from the city - anyone traveling east in the right lane right around main st. exit watch out for the hole)
Old 08-10-2006, 03:40 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Damn man you busted more wheels!! When we met up you had just popped a couple, slow your ass down.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:23 PM
VS#03

here are some new questions: if i were to get the tein basics, would i need to worry about uneven tire wear? also would i need a camber kit to solve that problem? or am i just better off with going with the tein ss and efdc controller set up?
Let me know when you're available and I let you check out the ride in Rockland County. I'll be up there for the Bear Mountain Meet on Sunday. Imrantl give me a holla about detailing sometime before the meet, I'll call you later.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by XxXboboXxX
i dont think anyone has any idea what your talking about man, so before you dig yourself into a hole you wont be able to crawl out of id just stop there... he simply asked a simple question about rubbing issues, no need to go any further.

also HQ, id consider the fact that your gonna be driving around these new york streets, 20" rims leave little room for tire....

ive had a hard enough time keepin my 19" from being destroyed, this summer alone ive destroyed 3 rims on these ungodly pits they leave in the road, (2 last night on the LIE coming home from the city - anyone traveling east in the right lane right around main st. exit watch out for the hole)

wow man u bent alot of rims this summer. I live in nyc and i havent bent 1 of my 20s' ::knocks on wood::...i guess i just been lucky but i swerve like a mofo.

Kevin...ur going to the bear mountain meeT? damn i wish i could have made it, i doubt im gonna make the ross dock meet also. But hit me up about the top hats and strut bar. I got my stuff already

Travis
Old 08-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by XxXboboXxX

i kno what u mean, those holes are no joke... but i live up in rockland, the roads here are lil bit more safer
Old 08-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

Let me know when you're available and I let you check out the ride in Rockland County. I'll be up there for the Bear Mountain Meet on Sunday. Imrantl give me a holla about detailing sometime before the meet, I'll call you later.
dam, unfortunatley i work sun (get home at 6), off on sat tho...
Old 08-11-2006, 08:20 AM
VS#03

dam, unfortunatley i work sun (get home at 6), off on sat tho...
I'll pm you if I come up there on saturday.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:25 AM
VS#03

Originally Posted by Acuracy
wow man u bent alot of rims this summer. I live in nyc and i havent bent 1 of my 20s' ::knocks on wood::...i guess i just been lucky but i swerve like a mofo.

Kevin...ur going to the bear mountain meeT? damn i wish i could have made it, i doubt im gonna make the ross dock meet also. But hit me up about the top hats and strut bar. I got my stuff already

Travis
Yeah I'm going to order the top hats today and the strut bar also.....didn't get around to doing it last week, but i'm going to complete the task today. Maybe you can do the Floyd Bennet Meet let me know.